“Is this review unfair?”

Lightwater Valley Theme Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Escape to Lightwater Valley and discover the excitement of a day bursting with thrills, chills and adventure for the whole family, whatever the weather! Mini adventures are for our youngest guests. Rides and activities include the UK's largest Angry Birds Activity Park, the Lightwater Express train ride, Eagle's Creek Farm complete with tractor rides and animals, and the Lightwater Falconry Centre with daily flying shows. (1-5 Years) Mega adventures are suitable for our junior thrill seekers. Rides include the splashtastic Falls of Terror, Wild River Rapids, and swashbuckling pirate fun in Skeleton Cove aboard speedy Skull Rock and the tummy tickling Flying Cutlass. (5-9Years /over 1m in height) Ultimate adventures are for anyone with the nerves to face up to the challenge! Feel the power and the grip of our Eagle's Claw, before climbing aboard Europe's longest roller coaster - The Ultimate and venturing into the world of Raptor Attack's abandoned mineshaft. (9 - Adults and over 1.2M in height) Lightwater Valley Theme Park, Ripon, North Yorkshire is open 01 April - 04 November 2017. Please note:at certain times of the year we are only open on weekend days, please check website for exact opening dates and times.
Darlington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Is this review unfair?”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a great day at the theme park, so maybe the review score is unfair, however I feel it is necessary to inform people of the disgusting language my young son and daughter encountered while browsing the birds at the falconry centre, we had thoroughly enjoyed the show which was put on by the falconers. After the show we decided to view the birds in their aviaries, a member of the birds of prey team was feeding the birds while chatting to another gentleman the language the employee of the center was using was utterly disgusting I would have been angry if I had heard it on football terraces, he constantly used the F word and other despicable language, why would you work at a family friendly theme park if you are unable to control your language. A serious disappointment to what had been a fantastic day in the theme park

Visited October 2013
3 Thank mark t
Simon E, Manager at Lightwater Valley Theme Park, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hi,

Can I personally offer my sincere apologies for the verbal conduct of the member of staff mentioned in your email, can I also add that I in no way condone this type of conduct from any of my staff and will be discussing the matter with the said member of staff first thing tomorrow and it will be dealt with accordingly....I am pleased to say that complaints about the centre and its staff are almost non existent so I take any complaint very seriously indeed.

I was myself at the centre on the day in question and did indeed host the flying display with a further member of staff before leaving for the afternoon, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the display and will email you on the outcome of my discussion with the said member of staff.
I would be very happy if you would accept by way of a good will gesture from me, an exclusive visit to the centre for your family, with a guided look around hosted by myself including some personal one to one handling with the birds for everyone, this can be arranged for a time and date that suits.

Please contact simon@lightwatervalley.co.uk or give me a call on 01765 635 321. My colleague Chris (Manager of the falconry centre) has emailed separately.

Kind Regards,

• Polish first
Kendal, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great Day Out”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This park has a great selection of rides we brought the family to get them started on small rides. The park was a lot better than what i thought with it being 20 years nearly since my last visit. We brought our own lunch so did not try the eateries but the entrance fee is very reasonable for what you get. We filled a whole day but wet home with a few bruises from the ultimate roller coaster.

Visited July 2013
Hi,

Thank you for your review! It sounds like you had a very enjoyable visit!

We hope to have you back very soon.

Kind Regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great Day Out, Roller Coaster was a let down!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

All rides except the roller coaster were great! The Whirlwind was my favorite and the cues were only 6 min long at most! I also enjoyed the Eagles Claw, Black Widdow, Upside-Down Pirate Ship (don't know real name) and lots more! The prices for stuff are good too, the only let down was the roller coaster!

Stood in a cue for 1 hour just to get on, then yes its is Europe' longest roller coaster but i would rank it EUROPE' MOST DANGEROUS COASTER! You only wear a seatbelt so you are jumped around all over the place and i ended up gashing my knee and I got whiplash! Very disappointed as it was more pain than fun!

Apart from that, really enjoyed it and will definately returning, but NOT on the Twister (The Roller Coaster) :)

Visited July 2013
Simon E, Manager at Lightwater Valley Theme Park, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for writing your review. We hope to see you back again soon.

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great time of year to go!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We went on a grey overcast day in October. There were three adults and two small children in our party, aged six and eight. We bought the tickets online the day before and had no problems collecting them - it took seconds.
Once inside the park we were very pleasantly surprised to discover a lack of other customers. We didn't queue at all at any ride. A couple of things were shut, but nothing that spoilt our enjoyment.
The Angry Birds section was a great hit with the children. The spongy floors are great, and the interactive arch was a big hit.
We spent six hours in the park and everyone had a good time. The staff were friendly and had no problem with letting us ride two or three times on a ride if we wished.
We went on all the rides we wanted and thoroughly enjoyed the day.

1 Thank Lynne677
Hi,

Thank you for writing your review. Excellent tip! We hope to see you back again soon.

halifax
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Nice shops”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Theme Park was closed for the season but the shops and restaurant remain open and you can spend a nice couple of hours
looking at the shops and call for a drink or a very reasonable meal in the restaurant.
There is a nice gift shop fabrics and clothes shops and a small garden centre where the ducks follow you to be fed.
A very enjoyable morning.

Visited October 2013
Hi,

Thank you for writing your review. We're pleased you enjoyed the shops. We do our best to inform guests on our opening dates. These are advertised on our website.