“Really enjoyed!!!”

Old Stone Trough Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kelbrook
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Decided to have a romantic night away with my partner and we really did choose the right place.

The staff were so welcoming and couldn't do enough to make us feel right at home. The food was perfect, all home made and super delicious, the only gripe I have is my partner is a vegetarian and they didn't have much choice however she did thoroughly enjoy her meal.
The breakfast was really delicious too, nice full English fresh orange juice and as much toast, cerial and croissants as you can get.

Our room was also perfect, beautifully decorated and extremely clean!! The only issue I had was the bath....I think it was designed for a very small person but it still got me in and did its job.

Thank you all so much for making our stay fantastic and I would definitely visit again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting family in hospital, the first night the room was very nice newly reburbished however, we were awake all night by the noise of pipes clanging, complained to reception in the morning as there was no one on reception at night and she dealt with it in a very professional manner. The second night we collected our room key and the room was awful it was like a dungeon with a damp musty smell, so asked to be moved, and was moved to the bridal suite which was a little better. The shower had no glass in the door with a curtain put up on the inside which stuck to you as you had no room to move!!! The shower head was all scaled up. Only 1 bath towel and 1 small towel for 2 adults. The food in the evening was ok as with the breakfast. Would not return.

Room Tip: Request a reburbished room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel034, General Manager at Old Stone Trough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Really when hospital visiting the last thing you need is issues with your hotel. With the room, the pipes have now been fixed ( leaky pipe behind the toilet, unfortunately one of those things out of my control ) i so very sorry about your disturbed night and the following nights stay .

i know you have made the decision not to return , but if you change your mind please get in contact with me and i would love to let you stay in our fabulous suite .

please think about it, as i do not like my customers feeling or leaving let down .

Reviewed September 30, 2013

It is rather misleading to conclude, as I did from the website and address, that this inn is in Barnoldswick - it is 2 or 3 miles distant, beside a main road between Colne and Skipton. The staff are very welcoming and the room we stayed in (29) very comfortable - very clean, the bed was excellent and the en suite very good with a particularly powerful shower. The evening meal was good although, when we ate at 8pm on a Saturday evening, the restaurant was quite empty. The restaurant is functional rather than charming and I can see why previous reviewers have compared it to hotel chains. The breakfast was quite disappointing. We arrived early as we were after an early start. It was fairly busy however which may have influenced our perceptions. Staff were fairly sullen, but prompt. My wife asked for her bacon to be well done. It was not. A minor point perhaps, but my wife likes her bacon well done and judges a kitchen by how they accommodate this fairly fundamental request. My breakfast appeared to be thrown together. A fried egg and bacon thrown onto the plate with luke warm tinned plum tomatoes. Overall - accommodation very good. Evening meal - good but lacking the charm of the 'inn' we anticipated. Breakfast - poor. Would we return - I don't think so. When leaving, at 9am, there was no one on the desk. We waited between 5- 10 minutes before anyone appeared - there was no bell to ring.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel034, General Manager at Old Stone Trough Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

I am so sorry . with trip advisor when you post a comment the stay does not always match the date you comment .. please ring or email me . problems with breakfast , no one on reception at 9.am , receptionist probably was also serving your breakfast .
Seems strange , we do not want you to have a bad experience. please call or email .

lets sort this ... but thank you for the comment .

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stopped at the Old Stone Trough for three nights in September. Check in was in the attached pub as nobody on reception, but this worked faultlessly and staff there had my details and I was allocated a room at the back of the wing attached to the pub, facing the large car park. The club class room was small, but adequate and the bed was really comfortable. Room looked dated and tired, in fact the whole of the attached wing looked like it would benefit from a revamp. Everything seemed clean and smelt fresh. Free wifi was available, which was great as it allowed me to get online and keep in touch with people. I would have liked a glass to have been provided on the hospitality tray instead of having to use the plastic one from the bathroom. The tv was very small and located in an odd position that made viewing a bit awkward, but I didn't spend much time watching it so not really a problem. First night was a bit noisy with a lot of door banging and loud talking in corridor, but not the hotels problem and caused by inconsiderate fellow guests.

Breakfast was really excellent and the full English was great and set you up for the day. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Would I stay again, yes I would as the location was convenient and the hotel comfortable.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

thank you for your lovely comments and we hope to see you again and we will put you in one of our refurbished rooms , so you can see where we are heading.

0n booking please ask for the refurbished room.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

They asked me to share their stay with fellow travellers. They were very impressed with the breakfasts, well cooked and plenty of choice. They liked their room and the overall look of the Old Stone Trough, but they did think it was looking 'a bit tired' and could do with a revamp. The staff were very friendly and helpful and their room was very clean. They would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

0n booking please ask for the refurbished room.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed for one night with my wife and my sister-in-law. We had taken her away for a break for a birthday treat. Her room was absolutely gorgeous. Recently refurbished and top quality throughout. So much nicer than the usual Travelodge or Premier Inn rooms that we usually stay in. Our room wasn't so good though. Very dated with the fixtures and fittings worse for wear. It had recently been recarpeted and the king size bed was fresh as a daisy and very comfortable. Nice to have a modern flat screen TV of a decent size too. Just a shame that the rest of the room wasn't to the same standard. No problems with the rest of the place though. We were greeted on arrival by Jennifer Garside, the General Manager who is an absolute star. Her friendly and helpful attitude rubbed off on the rest of the staff of which she is obviously very proud. Great atmosphere in the bar. Sports showing on the TV in one area if you want it but not too loud so if that's not your thing it's not in your face. Nice choice of real ales which kept me happy and a very nice house rose wine that went down well with the girls. We ate there too and service and food was top notch.
If we hadn't seen the refurbished room then we wouldn't go back. As we have we would definately stay there again but only in one of the refurbished rooms. Whether you are looking to stay or not, you have to try the haddock and chips and the sticky toffee pudding. Both favourites of all of us and we haven't had better anywhere. Breakfast was just as good, top quality produce cooked to perfection and served super quick.
Well worth staying but make sure you get a good room.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room and you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

thank you so much for your honest comments i so look forward too seeing you all again , and you will go in the right room ... the puddings are even better ...... !!!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Old Stone Trough. After a very long, fraught journey it was a relief to arrive and have a welcome beer and glass of wine before we booked in. Our room was first class and evening meal of fish and chips delicious - very generous portions.

Breakfast next morning was equally good.

Jennifer and her staff are welcoming and very friendly.

We would happily stay there again if passing that way.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelbrook
Best Western Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Stirk House Hotel
Stirk House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Gisburn
Holiday Inn Express Burnley

Been to Old Stone Trough Hotel? Share your experiences!