“A real find”

Ranked #1 of 1 Kelbrook B&B and Inns
Norwich
“A real find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The Craven Heifer Inn is a real gem. From the warm welcome on arrival and the willingness to put right anything that goes a little ary to the friendly and attentive restaurant staff the people at the Heifer put it on a great footing from the word go.
The rooms, while not huge, are stylish, modern and well appointed. The bathrooms are really good (not all of which have a bath so best to check ahead and secure if this is important to you) and the beds are very comfortable (although again, due to size of rooms expect standard doubles not King or Superking size)
Staying here and not experiencing the great modern menu (with a twist) would be a crime and despite the high quality of the food, prices are very reasonable with some great lunch offers which, at the time of my visit extended to a very generous 630 in the evening.
I would recommend the Craven Heifer heartily.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank LyndaGW

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Staying away from home a fair bit and booking last minute hotels is always a bit of a gamble. Whats the room like? Is my car going to be safe? the things like what's the food like tend to be further down the list, my lunch tend to be on the go. So driving from Exeter to Barnoldswick leaving at 5pm I'm just thinking about bed. So what a great surprise to find this little gem after a long journey . The rooms although not large are really nicely done with a really user friendly bathroom, the shower was fantastic. I didn't eat in the evening as I arrive after 10pm so I ate the usual. I did have the breakfast however and it was the best breakfast I have ever had staying away from home. The restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere with friendly and professional staff making a nice start to the day.
What a great little quality establishment (restaurant and B&B) I hope to see you again the next time I have business in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stuart B
Barrowford, Lancs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went for dinner recently and was very impressed, Not been for a while and last time I found it just ok, not great but not poor. I can only assume there has been a change of owners, This time it was very good on all counts and would recommend it ,

The staff were numerous. attentive and welcoming, The menu was large and varied. The specials board was full of fresh and local food which we all sampled and to a man found very enjoyable..

My only gripe was the builder who parked in the disable spot ( " i'll only be 5 mins" and then spent an hour at the bar having a drink) !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terryandlinda
Chelmsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting family in Burnley and they took us to their favourite restaurant. What a treat! Great food, attentive service and generous portions. Took ages to narrow down my selections but had the prawns with chilli dip to start the the teriyaki salmon on noodles for main. I even had room to squeeze in the apple and Calvadios crepe which was delicious!! We are from Essex but wood consider moving to be near such a fabulous pub!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Jackstar1
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have dined here several times and each time it has been amazing. The staff are friendly, very welcoming and attentive throughout the meal.
The food is always first class and the presentation of each meal makes you want to try everything. Each time we visit I always choose scallops, this dish here being my favourite of anywhere we have ever visited. The food is so enjoyable it is hard to turn down a desert, and we always end up having the full 3 courses.
Although the meal itself is quite pricey,the standard of food more than makes up for this and is worth every penny.
I will continue to return here for any occasion I can find an excuse to visit, weather it be as a couple, with family, or a group of friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leah2711
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Having researched it on Tripadvisor I stayed here for a night in February while working in the area. I was not disappointed-very nicely kept & presented, clean and served me a first class and not particularly expensive dinner. When a repeat trip to the area came up I had the ideal opportunity to check it wasn't a fluke, so here I am again, and it certainly wasn't a fluke. A superb piece of fillet beef (I had the 5oz but there is a 12oz option) and an even better room. If I wanted to split hairs I'd say Room 3 barely cuts it as a double, but I'd nevertheless take it without hesitation rather than go elsewhere. All the staff are cheerful, polite and attentive, and you'll get an above average breakfast to send you on your way.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed for 2 nights during February and what a lovely stay it was. Easy place to find and plenty of parking. We walked in the door slightly later than planned but the staff greeted us and immediately we felt welcomed, we were shown straight to our room and our table reservation was extended by half an hour to give us chance to rest after travelling. The meal we had that night was to a very high quality and I know for certain I will be eating there again, reserving a table is advised as the restaurant is very popular. The room was very clean, we booked one of the larger double rooms, the floor space was much more than I had expected. Quiet during the night time, comfortable bed and a great ensuite. A very minute issue I had was that the room was slightly cold but that was soon remedied by turning the radiators to full. Our breakfast both mornings was again to a very high standard, no grease swimming bacon or cheap sausages. The staff were always polite, we were able to come and go as we pleased whilst visiting places nearby. Overall a delightful stay and definitely a place I would book again for staying or for the restaurant. A small bit of advice, it is a little more pricey than a few other places to stay close by but I personally think it is well worth the little extra money!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Steven S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelbrook
Old Stone Trough Hotel
BEST WESTERN Oaks Hotel & Leisure Club
Herriots Hotel
Herriots Hotel
#2 of 4 in Skipton

Been to The Craven Heifer Inn? Share your experiences!