“Amazing Seafood with views to match!”
Review of Harbour House

Harbour House
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Kalk Bay
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Harbour House Restaurant is located in the heart of an old working fishing harbour.Come and experience fine dining as the waves splash up against the windows while you enjoy the freshest seafood and line fish caught from our own boat.Window tables are a must so reservations are essential!
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I've been to Harbor house a few times now and have consistently enjoyed amazing seafood and great service. Last time I ordered the two course winter special for 150 rand and it was well worth the value. I had a delicious calamari entree and an absolutely delicious shellfish selection platter! I wish I had space for dessert as I hear their desserts are great too.

The views are of the beautiful Kalk bay harbor and if you are lucky you may see some seals too. This is a place you could bring your family or have a nice romantic dinner. The prices are very reasonable for very well presented and tasty seafood. I will be back for more!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,854)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Lovely location overlooking the ocean. We could see the waves crashing below us. Inside there was a wonderful fire, and the food was fresh and delicious. Great service and wonderful ambience.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had one of the best meals of my South African holiday here. Their winter special at 170 rand for 3 courses really is just that... special! Overlooking the lapping waves, with the fire at our backs, my boyfriend and I enjoyed every second of our long lunch here. Seafood is a must when you are this close to the ocean and Harbour House does not disappoint.

Try not to miss it though, the entrance is through the fish and chip restaurant. Another tip is to go at high tide so the waves are hitting the windows. It is an easy addition to any trip to the Cape of Good Hope and has the added bonus of bringing you through the lovely little town of Kalk Bay.

I 100% recommend Harbour House and will be returning on my next trip to Cape Town.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Amazing views, spectacular food artistically presented! Everything our group of five ordered was brilliant especially the Kob, gnocchi and house salad. Took a picture the food was so pretty but dont have it on this device so I can't upload it. Our guide recommended it. Gorgeous.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been here about three times, most recently less than a month ago. It is a large restaurant and although right on the water, one can be seated far from the window, but if near the perimeter, the views are wonderful and in the right season, you might even spot a whale. The food is consistently good and the service pleasant. It certainly seems to be one of the best in the Cape Town area.