“A great find!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Twyning
The BoatHouse at The Fleet
Ranked #1 of 1 Twyning B&B and Inns
“A great find!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This was a lovely little find, with its lovely spot on the river and outside tables a plenty. The food was very good and well priced, good honest food but done really well and the staff were lovely, wholeheartedly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were the first guests to stay here after it reopened 2 years ago and were very pleased with the accommodation. Again this time we were happy although thought it was strange that they would not attend to your room unless you asked them to make it up or change towels etc. Normally at the price charged, you expect your room to be be made up during the day.

Advertises wifi in rooms, but signal was not existent as on previous occasion. A wifi extender would probably do the trick.

Breakfast was good although on first morning they had run out of a couple of items due to busy day before. Second morning it took about 20 mins to receive after ordering.

We went for lunch with family group of 11 and from sitting down to getting food was in area of 2 hours, far, far too long. Same problem as last visit. Kitchen service just can not cope and is just to slow plus food is not inexpensive.

Will stay again but not eat unless kitchen service makes major improvements,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kenato
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Fleet has three rooms in a one storey buiding slightly separate from the main pub/restaurant. The rooms are excellent with great views over the river and towards the Coxwolds. They are spacious and have attractive pictures. Because the establishment is primarily a pub/restaurant, breakfast is not served until 9am, but is extremely good when it comes and is included on the reasonably priced room rate. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
stoke on trent
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We arrived by canoe and docked at the rear of the hotel. The hotel was clean and very well decorated, modern and stylish. There was plently of hot water and lovely fluffy towels. The complimentery drinks was well stocked with lots of choice, even bottled water. The property, bedrooms and the main restaurant and even the seating outside were modern and well maintained. Very comfortable. The restaurant was very busy but not too noisy. The food was fantastic, if a little pricey. The service was excellent. All the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was equally good.
The only improvement i can think of would be to make a slip way which would make it easier to get the canoe out of the water and to refurbish the moorings.
We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank oldgitsinacanoe
Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I think Trip Advisor should delete all reviews prior to April 2011 because other than the basic structure of the establishment, nothing is the same as it was.......it is all light years ahead in all respects. The place has been given a total overhaul, paint, furniture etc. The hotel rooms are beautiful, modern and comfortable with all amenities. A good breakfast selection is included for B&B guests (a bit slow in service) and we had Sunday lunch there which was very good. Friends have eaten there since we left and were very pleased. We remember the old place from previous visits and there is no resemblance to it now. Service was good and friendly and we would certainly recommend as a place to stay or eat.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kenato
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The area surrounding "The Fleet", is beautiful. Very expensive houses on the approuch made me feel that I had made a "good" booking here. On entering the bar to check in I was stunned to see froups of teenagers lulling about. As I looked for someone to check in I realised that the teenagers were the staff and all of their friends.
When I was approached by someone asking me what I want I told them that I had a room booked and they told me to go to the otherside of the bar only for the same person to follow me! I have been on the road all day he could have brought the book to me? When he found my booking he said "I don't think the room has been cleaned (6pm) and I'm not doing it!".
He showed me to the room and told me I will be better off sleeping on the sofa bed as the bed is very uncomfortable. The whole place is filthy dirty, there are no ammenities to talk about. The bathroom was very dark and equally dirty, it is so dark that if you pull the shower curtain closed you cant actually see anything - which doesn't matter because there was no hot water to have a shower with anyway. After I complained about this, the teenage manager tutted long and hard and said he would sort it. It was never done.
I went to the bar and asked for a menu (A dirty and tatty A4 piece of paper), I order some food which came with cold peas and a side salad (Lettuce and 1/2 a tomato), the rest was good. There is a kind of snug with 3 sofas and a TV, which was great news as the World Cup semi final was on and all the teenagers that run this pub could bring there beers, put their feet up and watch the match and forget about the customers (Including the hot water). The chef must be as good as Gordan Ramsey as there was lots of swearing coming from the kitchen.
I asked about breakfast as to where it would be served, and I was told that it was a continental breakfast which is put into the fridge in your room, Chef makes his own coissants, I was told? There was no fridge and the next morning after a cold wash I found the "Continental Breakfast" outside my room on the dirty carpet - a bowl of muesli and a half pint glass of orange juice which had been sitting there all night. It was time to leave and I could only feel sorry for the locals, they deserve so much better than this social experiment.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Dan T
stirling
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I didn't read Trip Advisor before we booked a two night stay at this Hotel!! If that's what you could call it!!!

The location and setting were lovely and the landlord was very welcoming and friendly on our arrival. The pub certainly seemed to have a very good atmosphere and there were lots of families, couples eating and drinking in the extensive gardens which ran down to the river - at first glance a lovely setting and we were looking forward to our stay. Oh dear........ how wrong were we ........................

As we sat down to eat we noticed that the grounds were very unkempt, weeds all over the place, pots with dead plants in them.

We were given a PLANT POT with a number painted on the side so the waiters/waitresses I assume knew we were waiting on food. Our food was delivered and to be honest it was disgusting!! Cheap cuts of fish in burnt batter, cheap packet onion rings and oven chips. We left most of this and were amazed the next morning when we saw there were plates and condiments etc left out over night on many of the tables that had been occupied the previous evening!!!! The ducks wandered around doing the toilet where people were eating!!! Nobody cleaned this up!

Then came time for bed - AFTER we had settled up for our whole stay on the night of arrival (a very unusual procedure) - we understood why afterwards!!

We asked about breakfast and were told that our "CONTINENTAL" breakfast was being delivered to our bedroom for the MORNING!!!!! When we arrived at the room we were greeted with a tray at the bedroom door which contained a glass of milk covered in cling film for our two bowls of muesli and two glasses of orange juice (covered up with cling film) and four slices of brown and white bread!!!! My boyfriend and I were amazed and of course the breakfast was not touched!

The bedroom was actually quite pleasant with a lovely view from the window but the bathroom was unbelievable and should have been condemned! The whole floor was sodden with damp and you could feel it moving under your feet. There was a towel in front of the sink and when my boyfriend checked under it he was horrified to discover an old mirror pane rather than a piece of wood which was I suppose to stable the floor - a health risk if ever there was one!!!

To add insult to injury, no hairdryer was available and no iron and we were attending a wedding so had to venture into town to the hairdressers and to have a decent breakfast!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favour and give the Fleet Inn a wide berth ....... we're amazed this hotel is still running - most probably because the locals have only one other alternative pub in Twyning!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ktriver19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Twyning
Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury
#1 of 12 in Tewkesbury
The Bell Hotel
The Bell Hotel
#3 of 12 in Tewkesbury

Been to The BoatHouse at The Fleet? Share your experiences!