“Would definitely go back here.”
Review of Iboih Inn

Iboih Inn
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is excellent. The bungalows overlook the beautiful bay and are conveniently located several minutes walk from one of the best diving schools on the island. Most of them come with air conditioning and have hot showers! The staff is very friendly and was extremely helpful in arranging our onwards travel. The food in the restaurant is excellent. I would definitely go back here.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Edwin L

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed one night at deluxe room no.5 and my friend at no.3, both rooms with sea view. It was quite a good room, basic facilities and oh ya there's a hammock in the terrace.
Has a good service, wifi in restaurant, affordable price for food, i ordered chicken curry and tom yam seafood- took me long enough to get the food ready but it was a good food though. Helpful staff - we rent the boat to rubiah island, though we didn't hire a guide, they still showed us the snorkeling points. Since it was just two of us, we questioned the staff a lot how to explore sabang in a easy and inexpensive way. They provided us informations and contact person.
One thing that bother me, it was when the staff put a loud music (kinda aceh music) in the morning (when the guests had breakfast time)
I would love to come back and stay longer.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Desmarleni S
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The location is strategic, with pier to across to Pulau Rubiah. Most of rooms are in upper hill just like in a jungle with trees (not coconut ones). I stayed in a standard room with fan. No door at bathroom, only covered with a shade. Electricity (during my stay) was black-out several times at night, and in the morning when I was to check out, it lasted for almost 45 minutes. It was at 5am, in the mean time I was to prepare to catch my morning ferry to Banda Aceh. Nevertheless, location and infrastructure wise, Iboih Inn is way better compared to other surrounding motels in Iboih. Those who love to snorkel or dive, should stay here. Mostly are asians, in particular domestic tourist choose Iboih Inn to stay in.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank donwahyu
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Really enjoyed food here late one evening in Aug 2013. Portions were a little small for my boyfriend (rugby player) but were perfect for me. We ate at a few placed in Iboih, and this place was one of my favorites. We didn't have to wait long at all. Be sure to try a coffee! But be warned, they are very strong!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen E
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great spot in Iboih, and the only place with a pier, I guess.
Nice for couples, groups and singel travelers.
Great for snorkeling, and also sunbathing on the deck - but as a western - remember you are in a muslim country, do not walk around in your bikini.
The restaurant is also nice - loved the avocado shake!
I stayed alone in the cheapest bungalow: 130.000 with fan and cold shower, excluding breakfast. Was value for money. Simple, but absolutely OK.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a deluxe fan room. The room was basic and served us well but I would not have added the 'deluxe' to the name. No hot water and no sink.
The place is nicely located with a private jetty. Snorkeling very good.
The restaurant serves nice food, although we were there during Idul Fitri and had buffet dinner most of the time.
Liza arranged ferry tickets, taxi and a tour for us. This was very good.
Looking at the other available guesthouses at Iboih I think Iboih Inn is the nicest one but don't expect luxury. It's more 'upscale' backpacker.
Recommendations for Iboih Inn:
- place sink in bathroom
- hot water. Very welcome after snorkeling
- clothes line on balcony for drying wet stuff
- more western food options with breakfast buffet

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The owner is very unfriendly, we were there a few days ago, and we had to pay before see the room, The room was not bad, but the price was really high.
There are some places much better than IBOIH INN, cheaper with nicer staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AdrianaCh
Iboih_Inn, Manager at Iboih Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

They were very thankful at the time upon arrival to get a room without booking since 1 room cancel. This is during very peak period of Moslem Holiday. They say their friends are crying since cannot find any room and ask for our help.

We CLEARLY STATED IN EMAIL to them our policy pay in advance and you cannot cancel booking, especially for this peak period. This couple not even paying anything in advance and since we ask to pay full before checking in (just like all other guests), suddenly we become “very unfriendly”. The price is higher by IDR 50,000 for this particular holiday just like every other guests. But at least our resto open plus they got free buffet breakfast while other places totally closed their restaurant for three days for the holiday.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pulau Weh
Kenangan Guest House
Kenangan Guest House
#3 of 6 in Sabang
Olala Cafe Bungalows and Restaurant

Been to Iboih Inn? Share your experiences!