“Ate at resturant”

Iboih Inn
UK
“Ate at resturant”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Really enjoyed food here late one evening in Aug 2013. Portions were a little small for my boyfriend (rugby player) but were perfect for me. We ate at a few placed in Iboih, and this place was one of my favorites. We didn't have to wait long at all. Be sure to try a coffee! But be warned, they are very strong!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
Haugesund, Norway
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great spot in Iboih, and the only place with a pier, I guess.
Nice for couples, groups and singel travelers.
Great for snorkeling, and also sunbathing on the deck - but as a western - remember you are in a muslim country, do not walk around in your bikini.
The restaurant is also nice - loved the avocado shake!
I stayed alone in the cheapest bungalow: 130.000 with fan and cold shower, excluding breakfast. Was value for money. Simple, but absolutely OK.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a deluxe fan room. The room was basic and served us well but I would not have added the 'deluxe' to the name. No hot water and no sink.
The place is nicely located with a private jetty. Snorkeling very good.
The restaurant serves nice food, although we were there during Idul Fitri and had buffet dinner most of the time.
Liza arranged ferry tickets, taxi and a tour for us. This was very good.
Looking at the other available guesthouses at Iboih I think Iboih Inn is the nicest one but don't expect luxury. It's more 'upscale' backpacker.
Recommendations for Iboih Inn:
- place sink in bathroom
- hot water. Very welcome after snorkeling
- clothes line on balcony for drying wet stuff
- more western food options with breakfast buffet

• Stayed August 2013
Zaragoza, Spain
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The owner is very unfriendly, we were there a few days ago, and we had to pay before see the room, The room was not bad, but the price was really high.
There are some places much better than IBOIH INN, cheaper with nicer staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AdrianaCh
Iboih_Inn, Manager at Iboih Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
They were very thankful at the time upon arrival to get a room without booking since 1 room cancel. This is during very peak period of Moslem Holiday. They say their friends are crying since cannot find any room and ask for our help.

We CLEARLY STATED IN EMAIL to them our policy pay in advance and you cannot cancel booking, especially for this peak period. This couple not even paying anything in advance and since we ask to pay full before checking in (just like all other guests), suddenly we become “very unfriendly”. The price is higher by IDR 50,000 for this particular holiday just like every other guests. But at least our resto open plus they got free buffet breakfast while other places totally closed their restaurant for three days for the holiday.
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I am traveling since 15 years to Pulau Weh. I know almost all bungalow resorts at Iboih beach. But according to my experience Iboih Inn is definitely the bungalow resort at the highest standard. Nice and very clean bungalows, with fan or aircon, warm water and a great view. You can see the surgeon fishes right from the balcony! The food is great, the kitchen is clean and the staff is so helfpul. A wonderful place in paradise!

Room Tip: The bungalows at the waterfront are the nicest ones. (with AC and warm water!)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank olivermarcweber
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here after an early check out in my previous hotel and after read so many nice reviews here and there. I tried to book a room in the night, but the reception (or whoever that was) insist us to directly transfer full amount to their bank account. Which was impossible since there was no ATM nearby and i got no internet service that time. So, we didn't get our reservation and need to go directly to the hotel for the room. Disappointing. The room rate was average, but i guess it was quite expensive for a very minimum facilities they offer.

The room was very basic, to be honest i don't really like the room i was staying. Gloomy and again, very basic. I can even hear what was happening in the room next to mine. And it gets worse during the rain. The roof was made of iron that made a very noisy sound during the rain, thank god i was extremely exhausted that i ignored all that. I guess you should reconsider to find other place that offer more decent sleep quality. There was also something wrong with the cleanliness of this place, tree branch and leaves were everywhere even in my terrace.

The food was average. I ordered a very sweet fish rica-rica, that supposed to be hot and spicy. It failed me for sure. The good thing was they provide free breakfast with varied food. Thank god.

Overall, this guesthouse is okay (just okay). They offer very basic things. But to be honest, I'm totally not impressed with this guesthouse. This guesthouse is overrated in my opinion, and i would reconsider myself to stay again there. I hope that the management has a plan to do some improvement in many aspect, especially on food quality.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Iboih_Inn, Manager at Iboih Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review to make us continuously better improve our place and service.

We think if guests stay in a budget room and expecting a deluxe room experience – their expectation is not totally objective. The budget room is intended for those with limited budget but want to stay in our place and still enjoy our overall facilities, such as private jetty for easy snorkeling and by water sun deck, buffet breakfast, free wifi, so forth. Even though it’s a budget room, we still try to maintain the same basic amenities with the deluxe room, it’s just that the room is smaller and further up te hill about 30 meter from the sea. And for those who do not like falling leaves and think falling leaves dirty, please maybe avoid to stay in hotel in the woods or forest.

We have a booking policy of 50% down payment and full payment upon check-in. So, if guests do not like our policy then they have the option not to reserve a room or to please find other accommodation that suits their booking style preference.

As for food, if a person coming from north sumatra and have a very hot pallet then maybe our sambal dish is not hot enough. It’s clearly stated in menu with one chilly icon to indicate it’s a bit spicy. And considering we have guest from many part of the world, we have to play in the middle.

Considering numerous private blogs write many good reviews and recommending our place plus customers keep pouring in, we at least must be doing something right. But we continue to listen to our customers to further improve.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just arrived, you are asked to pay for the room without even seeing it. I dont think it's very commercial, but either. For 300.000 IDR, I was expecting a nice bungalow with sea view, but I was quickly disappointed.

First surprise, a cigarette butt at the foot of the stairs leading to the bungalow. Average.

Then, full of tree branches and leaves on the terrace. Okay, it is in nature, but a quick inspection before bringing customers for the first time is not a luxury. Not good.

Room size ok, mattresses are new but the sheets are too small for the thickness, they also holes. Another problem is the iron roof, especially when it rains, you can't sleep.l The cleanliness is very average, dust in the corners, gecko droppings on the water dispenser. Dirty cup. Pfff.

The bathroom is really dirty and the evacuation of the water is full of hair. I'm getting upset.

I go on the terrace to cool off and discover that the chair is broken and the cushion full of mold.

I'm going to the front desk to complain and an employee came with me in the bungalow. When I showed him the bathroom, he immediately starts to clean. 2 minutes later, I come to see and realize that HE USED THE TOILET BRUSH TO CLEAN THE GROUND. I have traveled extensively in Africa, India, Asia, but I'm speechless. This is the most disgusting thing I've seen in a hotel. Angry, I ask him to stop and look from the manager.

When I returned with the manager in the room and told him that his employee cleans the bathroom with the toilet brush, he told me that this is normal and dont use it to clean the toilet. Yes maybe, but customers? For example I had to use it.

Finally, I had to insist that replaces the chair on the terrace, and about the cushion, he told me he had tried to clean it but it did not leave. Should we not then replace it?

Anyway, I'll be gone on the field if I had not paid my 3 nights when arriving.

For the rest, the food is 30% more expensive than Julia (right side) and not so good as that. The buffet breakfast is very average, all the dishes are cold (you come to 9:40 or 8:05).

Despite what is said, there is no generator backup in case of power failure.

The snorkeling equipment to rent is very old and good luck to find some finds who aren't broken.

I would NOT recommend this guesthouse, much too expensive for what it is. With a better view, at Julia is 90,000 IDR instead of 300,000 IDR (fan and ensuite bathroom, the same). It is true that the pick-up boat is not included, but an extra 30,000 IDR, it is still a much better deal.

PS: snorkeling will impress those who have never been snorkeling before, 95% of coral died in 2012 (and it is the boss who says).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank martbxl
Iboih_Inn, Manager at Iboih Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thanks for the review, but I am sad to say that this review is coming from a very ANGRY GUEST CAUGHT by the village people in Iboih, SPEAR FISHING in Iboih MARINE PARK area. Despite given prior information through email about not alllowed for fishing (and definetely include spear fishing) in the area and about room rate info and etc.

We sincerely believe many people will see the truth about our place, recommendation from worth of mouth from many of our satisfied guest will still make people come to our place despite attempts of some angry guest because we tried to protect our source of living – SAVING THE ENVIRONMENT. Just because some of the surface coral died in 2010 due to global warming which happen as well in many places, does not mean giving this man the right to destroy our marine park and bad mouthing the whole iboih. There are still so many fish which tourist can enjoy during snorkeling. And diving is still fantastic.

This gentlemen is trying to squeeze us for big discount through many complaints, so he can used the money to rent boat from the village for fishing outside the marine park area which also he complaints very expensive. But when it did not happened, he become very upset with everything.

There are 9 other guests (3 from Boston and 6 locals) who checked in at the same time. And as he manage to complaint in a loud voice at the restaurant, we asked to the other newly check-in guest as well in front this gentleman if they also find similar problems so we can also fix immediately. Apparently their answers are NO, they told me they understand this gentlement is just trying to make a scence.

This gentleman exaggerate about one cigarette butt at the bottom of bungalow stair entrance and because it’s true one piece of hair on floor drain (not a handful) he said bathroom totally dirty. Meanwhile he continue to smoke in a nonsmoking room also drop cigarettes ashes everywhere on restaurant floor. Eventhough we politely remind him and gave ashtray for him to carry around. He found one broken snorkle and complaint all our equipment, one gekko dropping outside the room also blame us, and so forth and so forth.

As for food, yes we are a bit more expensive but also we carry numerous variety tasty seafood that others in the area do not have. Despite complaining about our food, he continued to eat here during the 3 nights stay except for one occasion on the second day that he ate lunch outside.

It’s common sometimes in the island 2-3 times a day there is power black out for around 15mins, we do not have automatic generator. So unless the power out more than 1 hour we do not turn on the generator which again he complaint.

We value constructive criticism, please not just merely complaining.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pulau Weh
#5 of 8 in Iboih
Pulau Weh Dive Resort
Pulau Weh Dive Resort
#1 of 10 in Pulau Weh

Been to Iboih Inn? Share your experiences!