“Did not record our booking”
Review of The Bell at Iden

The Bell at Iden
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Iden
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This traditional village pub dates back to the 15th century with our snug area dating back to 1107! Legend has it, that the original building was used as accommodation for the monks that built Iden church. We have two delightful letting rooms, separate to the pub. Rooms offer king sized beds and en-suite facilities. Other features include original oak beams within the letting rooms and the main inn. Make yourselves tea and coffee in vintage china in the morning in bed whilst watching television with freeview prior to popping over the the restaurant for a sumptuous hearty breakfast using fresh local produce - continental and full English are offered.We are proud of our home cooked food and offer far more than your usual pub grub. Our food is locally sourced where possible and reflects seasonal changes. We are a perfect dining space for a romantic dinner for two, a family celebration or a private party.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Arrived last night,Monday,after long journey ,for dinner booked for 7.30.I had booked this on the Friday and the reservation was taken by a young man whose name I now wished I'd taken. On arrival the tables all looked set but we were informed there was no chef and no evidence of our booking. I am neither stupid nor senile....I did make this booking and my husband was beside me when I phoned.As we left,the man cheerily said 'Goodbye,see you again'.....no I don't think so

1  Thank Jane S
There are newer reviews for The Bell at Iden

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We took our daughter and her boyfriend for a birthday treat to the Bell on Sunday26 August. When we called to book a table, the phone was answered courteously and politely. When we arrived, we were made to feel very welcome. The hosts were very pleasant and easy to talk to. The restaurant was clean and neat and with background music at just the right volume. The menu was varied and clear and the prices, compared to other places we'd been, were very reasonable. The starter I had was almost a main course in itself! The main course arrived very quickly, very hot and very well presented. Plenty of food for each choice. We wanted to wait a little before we ordered the dessert...no problem. When our daughter's arrived, there were candles on it for her birthday!! A very nice thought from the hosts. Tea and coffee was presented on a tray with again plenty for everybody. When we came to pay, we were more than pleased with the bill. To sum up, a great pub, the landlord and landlady couldn't be friendlier and the food was excellent. Most definitely going back. Couldn't fault it.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were recommended to visit the Bell by two separate people, one who we meet fishing nearby and the second when we went horse riding. Based on these recommendations we booked a table for 8 on a Friday night which was the last night of our stay at camber sands. The Bell had live music on that night and the atmosphere was fun, friendly and very relaxed. Kids seemed very welcome and the pub looked like it had been recently renovated to a very good standard.

Restaurant part of the pub was smart and menu was a good balance. Food was very good, wish I had ordered the duck!! Homemade pies were a big hit with the kids. Service was excellent and it was a great way to end a hot sunny week at camber.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The owners had only recently taken over this business and deserve to have a full house every night. The standard of food served in the restaurant was excellent well presented and a place to return to again and again. We will be back.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had lunch here a few Sundays ago with friends and couldn't recommend The Bell enough. From the warm welcome to the delicious food, gorgeous garden and relaxed atmosphere. We will definitely be coming here again.