“Lovely evening”

The Horse & Cart Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Peasmarsh
Description: The Horse & Cart Inn is a Grade II listed dog-friendly pub in the village of Peasmarsh, 3 miles from Rye. It has four B&B rooms, a beer garden and off street parking.
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I treated my mum and dad to a meal for my dad's 70th birthday.when we arrived at the restaurant we were greated with a smile.
The meals came out the food was delicious all fresh and home cooked i am quite a plain eater and spoke to the manager and they accommodated me with a few options which I liked.
When we paid the manager came over and had a chat to us which was a nice touch to.would definitely recommend you go here you won't be disappointed.
Well done to everyone at the horse and cart you contributed to my mum and dad having a lovely and memorable weekend

1  Thank jonescheryl

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We were driving around looking for a place to have a light lunch and came upon the Horse and Cart Inn. We sat in a beautifully tended garden having chosen the salad and ploughmans lunch. It was by far the most imaginative salad I have ever had quite superb and the plougmans was also different but in a very good way. We must try to go back before our holiday is over. I wish it were my local! Lovely staff and chef. A perfect lunch time. Thank you.

1  Thank wwfun108
Reviewed August 6, 2017

We've eaten at the Horse and Cart a few times now and have always been impressed. This is the first time we've stayed in their upstairs rooms and can now thoroughly recommend them too. Seeing as there was no after dinner driving our wine expenditure went up a bit... Luckily their breakfast is as good as you'd expect so that helped get rid of the slightly sore head the morning after!

The room itself was really very nice. We were in room two, an en-suite double. I was very pleased that it had a proper king size bed with a good mattress - I hate staying away and getting a rubbish night's sleep, so that was particularly welcome. The en-suite is also fitted out to a very high standard with a very spacious and powerful shower.

Another great meal and now a great night away too.

Thanks Horse and Cart!

1  Thank James_tdh123
Reviewed August 4, 2017

My wife and I visited this pub recently and enjoyed a lovely evening and a very good meal. The pub has recently been refurbished and retains some great character with the old beams etc. The garden is lovely being full of wild flowers and lavender and is well looked after. The staff were very friendly and the service was excellent. I was recommended the Kozel lager which is from the Czech Republic and it was great. My rump steak dinner was cooked to perfection and the chips were crisp on the outside and soft inside. An excellent meal. I would recommend this pub and if in the area again would revisit.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

My wife and I visited this pub for dinner, this venue having been recommended by a friend.

We were not disappointed. There is a fairly small menu choice but the food served up is very good. I had the burger and my wife had the rump steak. Generous helpings and very tasty. As we had olives and some lovely bead for starters we had no room for a sweet, which is a shame as they all sounded very good.

The service was friendly and the pub and gardens have been totally renovated. It is smart, neat and tidy.

We would definitely visit again.