“Wonderful place & wonderful staff.”

Dolserau Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brithdir
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was my second visit and I cannot speak more highly of this hotel. When I first stayed in January 2012, I decided to arrange a 50th Birthday party here for my partner for 10 people. Lou and her staff were fantastic at liaising with me and taking the bookings from the other guests. Nothing was too much trouble and we all had a fabulous time. I wanted to arrange the party at this hotel because it is such a haven away from all the bustle with beautiful views, lovely rooms and friendly staff. As with my first visit, the food was outstanding which was one of the reasons for choosing the Dolserau Hall Hotel for such a special occasion.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 29, 2012

How hotels should be, a very personal service that many hotels attempt but fail to achieve. Great variety of drinks in the bar, single malts, welsh spirits and fentimans. Excellent breakfast. All the staff actually care, nothing is too much. The perfect place to explore some stunning scenery. The hotel is very bike friendly.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I'm writing this review, as albeit we didnt stay at Dolserau Hall Hotel, Lou the manager was incredibly helpful and bent over backwards to help us try and find a room, as sadly the hotel where we'd booked in was awful, and were struggling to find another place to stay within the local area.
Lou was amazing in recommding us places to try, and coming up with solutions as to what we could do. Very selfless and hospitable lady.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Padders3825
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at Dolserau for 2 nights. The evening dinner - the lamb - was to die for. Breakfast tasty, fresh fruit salad followed by full Welsh! Hot, excellent quality and beautifully cooked. The surrounding countryside and views are full of atmosphere, beauty and serenity. The staff were very helpful and chatty and made you feel at home. My room was a bit on the small side, but perfectly charming and clean. Tv a bit small. I saw other rooms where friends were staying and they were lovely. I was there for a wedding and was impressed by the way they coped with 150 guests, a three course wedding breakfast and evening buffet, which was fantastic. In all, a real change from the sterile anonymity of the big chain hotels. The rickety lift took you back a hundred years! Well worth a visit. Many thanks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank andi o
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed at Dolserau for two nights last weekend with my family. Service excellent, warm and friendly. Beautiful breakfast. The room was spacious, huge comfortable bed and very clean. Amazing countryside, views spectacular. There was nothing the staff could have done to make our stay any better. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jayne M
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We've recently returned from a two night stay at Dolserau Hall and we were very impressed. We were there for a wedding and had a fantastic time. The hotel is a little dated but it's very grand and set in a beautiful location. Our room was amazing, it was very spacious, had two flat screen televisions , plenty of wardrobe space, a sofa, a very huge comfortable bed, the full length mirrors are actually inside the wardrobe door and tea/coffee facilities, complimentary bottled water and sherry! The breakfasts were excellent, a good choice of cooked foods and a large selection of fresh fruit, cereals, croissants, juices, yoghurts etc. We arrived on the Friday and there didn't appear to be that many staff around but for the wedding on the Saturday there were plenty. Our friends had a marquee for their reception, this was set up directly in front of the hotel, it was beautiful, the wedding breakfast was delicious and the evening buffet was equally delicious. We felt it was a real treat to stay in such a beautiful place. I actually saw two of the other bedrooms in the main house and they were also very spacious and both had lovely bathrooms with roll top baths. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a wedding.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hayleys77
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Well, I have just arrived back from a little mini honeymoon after having our wedding at Dolserau Hall. I really can not praise the place enough! The service was great; the food was amazing and the rooms were fabulous. The staff really couldn't have done enough for us. Our guests had a lovely time and every guest we spoke to loved everything. I have just had a message from my sister in law who noted how pleased she was with the whole weekend and their room was lovely...she said that she would have stayed longer but had other commitments. Me and my husband would like to thank all at Dolserau Hall for their fantastic service, brilliant attention to detail and wonderful food. I would recommend this place to anyone and that's why we are going back for another mini break for our anniversary in 12 months time! Can't wait. X

Room Tip: Have some complimentary afternoon tea...I am a few pounds heavier but it was well worth it! Rooms 1...