“friendly”

Kathmandu Gurkha Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Kathmandu Gurkha Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Clay Cross
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Good choice of food well presented with lots of flavours. You always get a friendly greeting. If you mention you are there for a special occasion you get treated really special. Its one of our favourite eating places.

1  Thank Mazagrewp
There are newer reviews for Kathmandu Gurkha Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Me and my wife have visited this place a couple of times now and I am happy to say the food and service is of good quality. Just don't visit this place expecting a typical "indian" taste as you won't find it here. The flavours are quite different and you need to know this going in or you could be disappointed. I made that mistake the very first time we had a take away from here.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was my first visit to the restaurant, and it truly deserves the positive reviews. The staff were friendly, the service was attentive and there was a good variety of dishes including specials and vegetarian options. Everything we ordered was delicious and full of flavour. The food is well priced and portion sizes were good, and the place was very clean. We visited on a Tuesday night, so although it was probably quieter than other nights there was still a few other tables in and a nice atmosphere. Well worth a visit, and I am sure we will going back!

1  Thank Kimbers123
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I and my family usually eat at this absolutely gem of a place each time we visit family in Chesterfield. I am a serious Curryaholic and have eaten in good and bad Indian restaurants from San Francisco to Kathmandu, and I just can’t fault this place for top quality, authentic Nepalese and Indian Cuisine. On our last visit our party of 13 had a complete spread of dishes from across the whole menu and not one failed to impress in flavour or quality of ingredients. Mr Prem, Mrs Prem (the Gurkha Major) and the team are fantastic hosts and always round off this very pleasurable dining experience.

This place cannot be beaten in the Chesterfield area. We will definitely visit again when we are back in town and highly recommend it too you all!

1  Thank gnashie
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This has not been my first visit here and again I have not been disappointed. The excellent staff are happy to help at every turn.
The quality of the food and service have been outstanding yet again.
The only minor distraction is the rather tight parking area to the side of the restaurant, but this must not put you off visiting.
I look forward to returning again.