“Simple and delicious”
Review of Swagat - CLOSED

Swagat
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Description: This is a new restaurant, just opened, and I visited it this week.
Coeur d'Alene
“Simple and delicious”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Me and a couple school mates have eaten at Swagat twice now. Both times the food was delicious and well priced. We got the lunch buffet. Not a large amount of options but definitely enough for variety at lunch. Everything we tried was very good and fresh! I would recommend this place to anyone who likes good Indian food. Yeah the place needs some updating but I'm more interested in a good meal over some nice carpet.

• Visited May 2014

Spokane, Washington
“Excellent Indian food”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I like Indian food. Unfortunately, most of the Indian food in Spokane has been so bad I’m gun shy to try new eateries. Swagat is excellent. I loved my lamb biriyani. I forgot what my husband ordered. He gave me a bite and it was quite tasty. The server was very attentive. The prices were reasonable. We will definitely be back.

Visited September 2013
Spokane
“Tasty food, but the place needs cleaning”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife, adult son, and I went to Swagat for a late lunch (about 2:00). The place was empty and the manager looked a bit surprised to see us walk in. We decided on the lunch buffet ($10). Initially some of the bins were sparse, but soon more food was brought out of the kitchen. Everything was very tasty: tandoori chicken, chicken curry, chicken tikka masala, aloo gobi masala, and saag. Fresh naan bread was brought out after a bit of a wait. We enjoyed the food, but the place really needs to be cleaned and updated. The carpets were dirty and the place had an overall worn out look to it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Philip C
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Nasty, Nasty -- Swagat Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Before you eat here, read the reviews on Yelp. Many cases of food illness after eating here, reusing buffet food and dinner and cooks who do not wash their hands.

Visited February 2014
Spokane, Washington
“Food made me sick, dirty venue”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I'm pretty sure this restaurant pays people to write them nice reviews. I'll tell you about my experience, and it will have you thinking twice about coming here. I thought I'd give the food a shot even though the location is sketchy, but it wasn't worth it because I ended up with an upset stomach. I'm not a fan of buffets so I ordered off the menu. If their menu food causes food borne illnesses, then I don't even want to know what their buffet food is like. Top of India, which is just down the road, still has the tastiest Indian food in town. They have been around for a decade, and no one else can get it quite as right as them.

• Visited December 2013