“Tasty food, but the place needs cleaning”
Review of Swagat - CLOSED

Swagat
Cuisines: Indian
Description: This is a new restaurant, just opened, and I visited it this week.
Description: This is a new restaurant, just opened, and I visited it this week.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My wife, adult son, and I went to Swagat for a late lunch (about 2:00). The place was empty and the manager looked a bit surprised to see us walk in. We decided on the lunch buffet ($10). Initially some of the bins were sparse, but soon more food was brought out of the kitchen. Everything was very tasty: tandoori chicken, chicken curry, chicken tikka masala, aloo gobi masala, and saag. Fresh naan bread was brought out after a bit of a wait. We enjoyed the food, but the place really needs to be cleaned and updated. The carpets were dirty and the place had an overall worn out look to it.

1  Thank Philip C

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Before you eat here, read the reviews on Yelp. Many cases of food illness after eating here, reusing buffet food and dinner and cooks who do not wash their hands.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I'm pretty sure this restaurant pays people to write them nice reviews. I'll tell you about my experience, and it will have you thinking twice about coming here. I thought I'd give the food a shot even though the location is sketchy, but it wasn't worth it because I ended up with an upset stomach. I'm not a fan of buffets so I ordered off the menu. If their menu food causes food borne illnesses, then I don't even want to know what their buffet food is like. Top of India, which is just down the road, still has the tastiest Indian food in town. They have been around for a decade, and no one else can get it quite as right as them.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I had never had Indian food before I came here and now it seems I can't stop coming back. Their food is so fresh and obviously cooked with skill and a love for their food. Even better is that the same gentleman is always there when I come in and I ask him to give me a different one of his favorites and he never disappoints with the choice. Their naan bread is to die for! My boyfriend loves their lamb dishes and says that they obviously slow cook the lamb and it's the best he's ever had anywhere! I eat their vegetarian dishes and let me assure you, they are amazing! I really could go on-and-on about how much I love this place, but you'll just have to try it for yourself. Yeah, the decor isn't very fancy, but the food more than makes up for it!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were the only party there, six of us. Service was good, but the food slow in arriving, perhaps because of many complex dishes ordered. The food was good, but not great. The whole place, especially carpets, needs cleaning or updating.