“Huge Improvements & Great Shopping Location”

Mirabeau Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed April 17, 2006

This is the second time I have stayed at this property in recent years. Although the first stay was less than perfect (room was dated and room service food was cold, to name a few problems), I felt the property held promise after I had the chance to talk with one of the staff about the renovation plans that were underway.

This property has made a HUGE improvement since my previous stay and, in my opinion, is one of those great, undiscovered hotel gems in the area. It has super-friendly service and a great sense of style without that faux over the top opulence some luxury or boutique hotels try to achieve. Modern comfortable rooms, an ultra-comfortable bed and a cool looking restaurant (Max, I think its called) were improvements I noticed and definitely appreciated. In my mind, they have figured out the right mix of service and amenities for a fair price.

One of my friends said that he thought it was an odd location for a hotel of this type but I had to disagree with him as one of the primary reasons I come to Spokane is to shop and the hotel is right across the freeway from the Spokane Valley Mall. I suppose if you planned to spend the majority of your time in downtown Spokane you might want to consider a downtown property, but if you are like me and plan to spend much of your time in Spokane’s surrounding area, the Mirabeau is a great choice.

• Stayed: March 2006
25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Coeur d' Alene ID.
Reviewed February 19, 2006

My husband and I had looked so forward to spending the weekend at the Mirabeau, as we have driven by it so many times over the past year. We had been to the Max for dinner and had such a nice time that we decided to spend a weekend. When we arrived for our weekend we were not greeted at the front desk, the person was on the phone, and continued to talk while we waited, once he decided to get off the phone he had attitude. We stated that we were to check in and that we had made a reservation for 2 nights, he stated that they had us down for one night only and did not know if we would be able to stay 2 nights as they were pretty full on Saturday. He was able to locate a room that was available for 2 nights. However he did not tell us that it was in the dirtiest part of the hotel. (When we had made our reservation we had paid for the first night in advance, and was unable to cancel). We went back to the front desk and stated that we were very disatisfied with our room, and that we would not be staying for 2 night and cancelled our second night. The room was musty, dirty, the bathroom was even worse, the air vent had 1/2" of dust, the tub was full of soap scum, the carpet was dirty, and there even a pillow dated 9/12/1999. We did call and ask for new pillows, which they did bring. When my husband and I woke in the morning,we both had a rash on our face, arms and legs. We refused to shower, left and found another place to stay for Saturday night. When we checked out in the morning, we informed the staff how very disapointed we were and that we had found clean and very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2006

The Mirabeau was simply fantastic. I really enjoyed the friendly customer service when entering and exiting the hotel. Even our friendly shuttle driver gave us the local history of the area. Rooms were large and spacious compared to many other hotel rooms I have stayed in. Furnishing were new and modern with some of the best beddings I have ever slept on. The pool and hot tub were wonderful and the hotel restaurant The Max was the best meal I ate in Spokane during my stay. I had to rate this hotel 5 stars, I really enjoyed staying there and will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 3, 2005

Not only is the Hotel clean and spacious, the staff were nothing but exceptional. I cannot find a single to say wrong about the Hotel in anyway. For people like me who have trouble sleeping in a strange bed, never fear they are the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in and I've stayed at some very high end hotels In San Francisco that cannot compare. I know for a fact that the only place I would want to stay when in Spokane is the Mirabeau Park Hotel. To the Staff and Management...You all are the TOPS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 26, 2005

We stayed at this property for 3 nights with 2 rooms. Super comfy beds, nice decor and very quiet. Our rooms were side by side and on the bottom floor. We could walk to the pool from our patio. This felt more like a resort then just a hotel.
We did not eat at the hotel, but we did enjoy the bar.
The hotel is next to Wal-mart and a large strip mall. Its easy to walk to in a few minutes. Its also super easy to access the hotel from I-90.
We spent time sitting on our patio and at the pool and really enjoyed the peace and quiet. We will definitly stay again and recomend to others.

• Stayed: July 2005
16  Thank mslisa77
Reviewed June 25, 2005

Stayed here 2 nights with 5 of my friends on our yearly golf junket. Having read mixed reviews I had some reservations but figured we'd tough it out if it was bad. Well I must say we were VERY pleasantly surprised.
Although most of the hotel was dated (apparently they are in the process of updating now) everyone that worked in the hotel was very pleasant and accomodating to the point of disbelief.
The restaurant /bar was the most updated area of the hotel and we spent our breakfasts there and also our 19th hole in the bar both nights (plasmas on the wall to catch up on sports news were a nice touch).
The rooms were spacious enough and the pool area just right, everything was clean and exceeded our expectations.
It's a sprawling complex and just make sure you make the right turns in the hallways but I can only imagine how great it is going to be when they get done with the updating, anything like the restaurant and its going to be a huge hit.

8  Thank wagolfetc.
Reviewed May 11, 2005

We used to stay here when it was the Marriott & always looked forward to the "to die for" warm chocolate chip cookies when we checked in.
Plus it is right in the middle of almost any shopping you might want from Wal-Mart to Ross, to the mall right across the freeway.
This time we noticed that the room we stayed in was showing a LOT of wear & tear.
We wondered if that is perhaps why the Marriott sold it off.
They have a posting saying they are doing a complete renovation that was dated March. There was no obvious signs of renovation in August.
We have always like this hotel. If they truly do renovate, we would be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2004