“Some good, some bad”

Mirabeau Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
“Some good, some bad”
Reviewed April 25, 2004

Hotel is in a good location right off the freeway near Spokane Valley Mall. South of the hotel is Sprague Ave. which houses many business/retail locations. Hotel was under renovation while I stayed there for three nights in April 2004, pool was closed. Rooms were clean, decor was a bit dated and one of the chairs in my room was stained. Rooms are big, many have balconies or open out to the parking lot which is convenient if you bring your auto as you can park close to your room.

Hotel seemed a bit disorganized, they would not allow a late checkout and even sent another guest to my room with a key PRIOR to checkout time. Not good. Rooms had an iron and iron board, along with a coffee maker but no refrigerator or mini bar.

Of course, Wal Mart is less than a block away if you need anything. I would stay here again possibly, but would look around elsewhere first and only at a great rate.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed January 7, 2004

I had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. It was formerly the Doubletree Hotel Spokane Valley. The hotel is older but going through some wonderful remodeling changes. They informed me of the business class amenties that were added (wireless high speed Internet) and other items they were adding to their guest rooms (ergonomic chairs, fridge, microwaves, suites, new tile and furniture etc) for their remodel. The hotel is also under-going extensive remodeling changes to their restaurant/lounge and other areas. The staff has always been very helpful and friendly over the years. I always have a great experience when I stay here for my business meetings in Spokane. I am glad to see the hotel start to match their overall appearance with their exceptional service standards.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 8, 2003

This place is OK, but don't expect anything fancy. It is the least-nice Doubletree I've stayed at since they converted many/most of their subpar properties back to Red Lion. It's kind of like a 70s-era Holiday Inn that has not been renovated all that much. The furniture in my room was probably 25 years old. Also I was not impressed with the quality of housekeeping; there was a lot of dust visible around the air conditioning vent, and they failed to clean my room one day. It's not horrible, but it's tired, and should either be massively renovated or switched to a lower-end flag.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Director of Sales & Marketing at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2004
Exciting news from the Mirabeau Park Hotel and Convention Center (formerly the Doubletree Spokane Valley or the Red Lion Spokane Valley)! We are in the midst of a multimillion dollar renovation. Guest rooms are being upgraded with new furniture and wonderful Sealy Sleep System pillow top mattresses - perhaps the best night sleep you've experienced!Additional guest room upgrades will include jetted tubs, granite counter tops, marble floors and new carpet. Desks in the guest rooms are equipped with "smart plugs", making it convenient to plug in a laptop and stay in touch. Plasma screen televisions are being installed in many of our rooms as well as in several of our meeting rooms and hospitality suites.We also now offer complimentary wireless high speed Internet access and free local telephone calls. Guests also receive Alaska Airline miles and a complimentary full hot breakfast buffet (on qualifying rates).Planning a meeting? Our ballroom is undergoing major renovations as well, including new carpet, new wall coverings, a new sound system and upgraded lighting. With over 12,000 square feet of meeting room space (in a variety of sizes to accommodate most groups and functions), fully equipped hospitality rooms and an onsite catering, banquet and audio visual staff, we are the perfect choice for your next event!For relaxation, there's more for you to experience! Our heated outdoor pool has a new deck surface, complete with heated coils to add to your year round enjoyment. You'll not want to miss our exciting new restaurant and bar, offering some of the best in the Pacific Northwest.We invite you to experience the exciting changes at the Mirabeau Park Hotel and Convention Center. We truly are the best place to meet, eat and sleep.We look forward to extending our hospitality to you!