“Dissapointed”

Mirabeau Park Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Our son plays competitive baseball with a traveling team. We have stayed at everything from Ma and Pa motels in small towns, KOA campgrounds, to very nice hotels. This was the first time we have had to stay in the Spokane area and were excited to find a decently rated hotel close to where our boys were staying. (They stayed at a friend of the coach's house outside of town). The excitement stopped there. We arrived at about 8pm after a long day of baseball. The receptionist was not very nice with an attitude of we interrupted whatever it is she was doing before we got there. We blew it off as we were tired and just wanted dinner and bed. We opted to eat off property so I can't say anything about the restaurant. Upon entering the room right away we could see that the supposed remolded room wasn't really new. The carpet looked dirty and worn and the furniture had blackened wear marks on the armrests. There was chunks taken out of the wall. The shower was horrible with no water pressure and there was not a fan in the bathroom. That would probably explain the mold stains in the grout and the bubbled wallpaper. I seriously had one of the worst nights of sleep that I have ever had. The pillow top mattress seemed new but the sheets didn't fit. I woke up more than once sleeping on hotel mattress, yuck! The next morning we also saw burn marks on the sheets. Our room was close to the outdoor pool and apparently there isn't a curfew on swim time. We had to listen to screaming kids well after 10pm. Not to mention the stomping from upstairs and the people running up and down the halls at 6am. At one point in the evening my husband opened the sliding door for some air only to have the room fill with a skunk smell! It was gross! I have literally had a better night's rest at a Motel 6. I have to say that it was a truly disappointing experience. When our team returns to Spokane next fall I will not only pass this hotel, I will advise other families to avoid it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit with us. The Mirabeau Park Hotel’s goal for every customer is to define style, comfort and service in guest hospitality, and we are deeply disappointed that your recent stay did not meet your or the hotel’s expectations. We immediately addressed your concerns from the room and would like to apologize that they were not rectified before your visit. We pride ourselves on providing the best customer service possible and it is apparent that this did not happen in your case. We would like to extend our sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory experience and hope that you will reconsider another visit to see why some many guests choose to return to our hotel.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I attended a convention here. The room was lovely, the food in the restaurant superb, the grounds very well kept. You get your exercise moving around in the hotel, because it's mostly 2 floors, and the hallways to the rooms spread in several directions. Our meeting spaces were very good, both in the banquet spaces and in the smaller meeting rooms. I was not there for the banquet, so can't speak to it.
I found it a little strange that the hotel's airport shuttle is $30 for one way and also $30 for both ways. I'd rather pay $15 per trip, but my arrival was at a time no one else was arriving, so I got an individually scheduled pickup at the airport. The shuttle driver was pleasant and informative, and it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have patios or small decks outside, with chairs. Others didn't. The rooms th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear DC1843,
We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay. We make every effort to keep our shuttle costs down, unfortunately gasoline and other operating costs are out of our control.
A comparable trip from the airport via tax would be in the $55 to $60 range.
We appreciate your comments and will continue to evaluate all of our guest services.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was in Spokane Valley for business and a co worker suggested that I try this hotel. My room was one of the newly remodeled ones and given that the hotel is older, the room was huge by current standards. Everything in the room was brand new - the bathroom was a large shower and good sized vanity area. The building was older, with a sliding door (very well secured) and a small patio outside. The hotel is separate buildings, which again, relates I believe to the older style. There was an odd odor in the hallway that I could not place - not horrible, but it could have been better. The only negative that I could think to mention is the sound between the rooms. For some odd reason, someone in the room next to me decided to turn on the blow dryer late in the evening, and it made it difficult for me to sleep. There was also some road noise, but only occasionally from louder vehicles.
My hats are off to the housekeeping staff as this was one of the cleanest rooms that I had ever seen - small areas that I have seen neglected in other hotels were attended to here.
The location is very close to the interstate and also close to shopping and food - one could walk if need be.
What set this hotel apart was the service - from the moment that I walked in to the lobby it was evident that a high level of training had taken place. Each staff member was better than the next with a smile and great offers of assistance and help. I had breakfast in the restaurant each morning and the service was exceptional.
Without a doubt, I will be returning here on my future visits to Spokane Valley.

Room Tip: Request one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay at the Mirabeau park Hotel. Many thanks for leaving your complimentary review on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

You can certainly tell this is an older hotel by the lamp fixtures outside. I had a nice and clean room and a very enjoyable stay. Restaurant served great food and speedy service both inside and on the patio. Attended a meeting there and everything ran very smoothly and would certainly return there. They also have an airport shuttle to and from the airport.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Michael,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Mirabeau Park Hotel. We appreciate all of your compliments and will look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you want to stay at a place where they don't wash the blankets this is the place for you. I went for a business trip and when I was getting ready for bed I noticed that the cover was dirty it had some white stains on it. The rooms don't look like the pictures and they don't provide refrigerator or microwave if you want one you have to pay an additional $10 for each.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Andy-Rooney-1, General Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear May, P
I apologize that we did not meet yours and our expectations during your stay. Be assured that we are committed to providing you a most exceptional lodging experience. Our team is empowered to provide all our guests just this. I would appreciate the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please call me directly or ask for Dragan Sarenac, our Front Desk Mgr., to make any future reservation and amends for your last stay.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This was the 2nd time we stayed. Our first time last year we had some problems due to the reno's but this year everything was very good. The room was clean and modern and the beds were comfy. The location is good for shopping as the Valley mall is just across the highway and a large strip mall with Ross, Walmart, Kohls etc is right behind. The staff was very friendly and efficient, will stay again. Got a good rate on Hotwire if you use Hotwire they are the only 3 star in the valley so far.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dragan S, Front Office Manager at Mirabeau Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear medhatter,
I am happy to hear that you had a great stay at the Mirabeau park Hotel. Thank you for leaving your complimentary review on TripAdvisor and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We have stayed here before. Super deal on Priceline. Made up for this with a $113 speeding ticket by Moses Lake. The Lord was trying to slow us down. Lesson learned. The two queens were comfortable except for my little one sticking their feet into my ribs. Now I kind of grasp how being pregnant feels. The room had two sinks, one in toilet and outside of toilet. Very convenient with kids. Had to ask for a photocopy at front desk and they were kind enough not to charge me. They must of known I was there to add to the economy with shopping, eating out, SPEEDing. Wireless was available when needed and free as was parking. The pool was cold, but the hot tub made up for that. Generally a good feel to this place. They give you a map when checking in. Keep that handy as this is a sprawling place.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear wuzbum,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit with us. At Mirabeau Park hotel we endeavor to provide our guests with a best lodging experience and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.