“Lovely for lunch or dinner”

Twig's Bistro and Martini Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Twig's Bistro and Martini Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N Evergreen Rd.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to lunch with 2 friends today at Twigs located in part of the parking lot of the Spokane Valley Mall. It is amazing to find such a lovely restaurant (instead of just the typical chains) associated with a mall.

Very upscale and interesting items on the menu. I had the half portion of steak salad which was a full sized salad to me and I am not a lite eater. It was outstanding. One friend had the humus plate which had an excellent presentation and she said it was very good. Our server was delightful; on top of things but not pushy and did not interrupt our conversation when she approached our table (my pet peeve).

We have, I believe, 4 Twigs in the Spokane area and every one of their designs is beautiful. They have incredible bars, great service and fair prices for the quality. Easy parking too.

Lots of ladies having lunch but men there too. Can't wait to go back.

I did make a reservation through Open Table but they did not have it when we arrived so I will call and double check next time.

1  Thank Janis I

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have been to Twigs at the Spokane Valley Mall several times now and I keep coming back to the Pesto Margherita Chicken because it absolutely delicious, and I really like that you can order it as a Lighter portion. I really like the atmosphere in Twigs, service is also great too. Really enjoy this restaurant!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have tried this restaurant several times and consistently find it to be below our expectations. The menu is the same as the downtown Twigs but the service and the food is not as good. The food is always highly salted.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Yuppy place with overpriced drinks and small menu portions with big price tags. Met some friends here after work a few times to give them a chance to improve, but if anything, their popularity and mall location have made them less likely to improve. Hoping they can still turn it around in the short term, but with so many eatery options in Spokane Valley and downtown, I doubt we will return, at least not anytime soon. Sorry, just one woman's opinion.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have eaten several times at the Twig's restaurant in North Spokane and haven't been disappointed with food or service so our first trip to the Spokane Valley location was quite a letdown. We made reservations for a 5:30 PM seating on a Friday night and said that we did not want to sit by the bar area. When we arrived, the restaurant was moderately crowded and we were seated next to two large tables of women obviously enjoying Friday and laughing loudly. We ordered our meals. My husband's clam chowder was delicious as was his pulled pork sandwich. My daughter's pizza was greasy but chicken tenders were tasty. Her friend's meal of grilled chicken with broccoli and mashed potatoes was delicious, as was her pasta dish.

My Caesar salad 's greens were not crisp but dry and parchment-like. The salad was put together without any sense of art and the container of the dressing on the side plopped on top of the salad. The croutons were so dry that piercing them with my fork caused them to crumble into breadcrumbs on the plate. My pepper salmon arrived with red pepper sauce and creole remoulade on the side, as requested, with rice lukewarm, and a thin slice of salmon dry and overcooked. I took one bite and sent the dish back, preferring not to order anything else. I was not charged for my meal and my server expressed regret that I did not like it.

Service was very poor. Or server, though very friendly, never came back to refill water glasses unless requested. Most of the time, our server was at the other end of the restaurant. However, the large tables next to us had service. No one was seated at the corner booth behind us and we decided that it was because the two tables next to us were so loud. My husband requested that we be moved because of the loud, piercing laughter and the restaurant was prepared to do this, but then our food arrived.

My daughter's smore dessert was very much enjoyed as was her friend's sticky cookie.

If you like a loud, bar atmosphere even when you're not in the bar, then this place is for you. For those of us who like to dine without noise, it is not.