“Business visit to Spokane Valley” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oxford Suites Spokane Valley

Oxford Suites Spokane Valley
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Seattle, Washington
“Business visit to Spokane Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is the latest of several business trips to Spokane Valley that I have stayed at the Oxford Suites and each time the staff has been excellent, the rooms very clean and quiet. On one of my trips I forgot an item in my room and called to asked if they could locate it, they did and when I was finally able to return at least one month later they still had my cooler waiting for me, thank you for such wonderful service. also access to the Centennial Trail is a real plus

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We spent the evening of 4/20/13 at the Oxford Suites while visiting our daughter in Spokane Valley. Our group consisted of my wife, our 24 year old son and myself.
The location was very good, being near the mall and close to Sullivan St. (the main N/S drag in Spokane Valley. We ahd a riverview room with two queens on the 4th floor, which was actually the 3rd floor as the basement was considered the 1st floor(?). The view was very nice, overlooking the Spokane River and walking path.
The room was well appointed and fairly spacious. The hot breakfast was good, but not great.
My only reservations with the Oxford is that the price was, in my estimation, a bit high, but rooms were hard to come by that weekend so our choices were limited.
As an aside, there were several High scool/Middle school sporting events going on that weekend and the hotel was crawling with athletes and parents, some of which were less than pleasant people, which may have tainted my impression of this facility.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MTCozlvr
Moscow, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I love staying here. We try to stay here every time we come to Spokane for sporting events or shopping. Unfortunately, we had to change our rooms after checking in and unpacking all of our stuff. Long story short, upon check in I was never asked if I wanted a smoking or a non-smoking room. I WAS asked what floor I would like, which I have to admit, I liked choosing the floor. But, that is where the smoking rooms are. I have two asthmatic kids and didn't want to spend the stay worrying about their breathing. The smell up there was not to be desired as well. Bummer I had to change rooms, but it could have been avoided had I been asked the simple question at check in. I've never written a review on here before but felt it necessary to tell people they need to ask at this hotel if it's a smoking room/non smoking room. Emailed my concern to the manager and she responded with a sorry... but having to pay full price for our stay and then having to move all of our belongings at 8:00 at night to another room wasn't what I was looking for in a hotel stay. :-( Will hope to try them one more time to give them a second shot. Rooms were clean, well put together, reception and breakfast was great... just the lack of communication and care free attitude about us needing to change rooms due to a health reason gave me ample enough reason to give them an average rating for this stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
WesternTrvlr, Manager at Oxford Suites Spokane Valley, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly apologize that you needed to change rooms to be in a non-smoking suite. We have discussed with our team, and will do our best to make sure guests are notified at check in what room type they have been assigned. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again for commenting.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

It was cold and rainy during most of my time in Spokane, but I sure didn't mind with the great customer service and fantastic stay at this hotel. I stayed here from April 5th to 7th on my Sung's shopping trip and the experience at the hotel was one of the most seamless operations I have ever seen. Upon arriving in the morning, the majority of our rooms were read early. The keys were waiting for us at the front desk, or delivered to us on our tour bus. There was no need to stand in a long, unnecessary line, provide credit card information, or anything else. We were whisked off to our super clean room when it was ready, AND our bags were delivered to our room during the day when we were out shopping. No heavy lifting for us!
The staff were there to answer all of our questions, or room was always made nicely each morning, and the hotel was exceptionally quiet. The staff prepared a delicious supper for us on Saturday evening. Breakfast each morning was delicious, and I love those little Coffee Mate creamers for the coffee. Yum! The gentleman serving us was one of the happiest people I've seen serving scrambled eggs to sleepy people.
Also, this hotel is mega close to the mall. Yay!
Check out was plain and simple. I was sad to have to go.

Room Tip: Like any hotel I imagine, away from the ice machine and elevators is best.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Spent 3 nights over a weekend on a shopping expedition. Conveniently located across the street from Spokane Valley Mall, this hotel is a class act. A wonderful full breakfast is included each morning and 2 complimentary wine/beers each evening - wow! The restaurant also serves excellent meals. Highly recommend and will definitely stay here again. There is also a pool and hot tub which looks very attractive, however didn't get a chance to use it....maybe next time.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I come down on a shopping trip with a group of ladies and we always stay here. Excellent staff - very friendly and helpful. Hot breakfast in the morning is awesome, beds are super comfortable. Plus it is right across the street from the Spokane Valley Mall. Love this place!!

• Stayed April 2013
Wetaskiwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for a ladies shopping weekend with 40 other women. The hotel handled the volume magnificently. Great people, great place, awesome service. Even happy hour free drinks at the end of the day. There's even a mall right across the street that we could start our shopping at. Convenient location to many things but also great place to just relax. Thanks for another great shopping experience.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel has a lovely view with a little stream running by.
1 Thank MaryR916
Mirabeau Park Hotel
Mirabeau Park Hotel
#7 of 13 in Spokane Valley
4.0 of 5 stars 307 reviews

Been to Oxford Suites Spokane Valley? Share your experiences!