“Very good deal”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Eugene
“Very good deal”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I needed an affordable hotel that allowed pets to spend the night on the way from Montana to Seattle, and this filled the bill. I think maybe the reasonable prices are due to the fact that the hotel is located well outside of downtown Spokane-- in an industrial park which was rather a surprise. You have to drive to restaurants, e.g. to the mall that's not far away. The room was large, very nice, with a really good, comfortable bed. The breakfast is adequate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed November 9, 2011

They recently replaced everything in the hotel to bring it up to date. They now have flat screen TV's , new beds, new furniture, lobby, the works. Nice place and fairly convenient. Didn't have the breakfast so I can't comment on that one.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
colorado
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed here with family and was overall very pleased. A little hard to find but very clean and roomy rooms at a reasonable price. Have a nice seniors discount. Beds were confortable. Have computer in lobby for use. Breakfast was average.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
helena, mt
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We've stayed in lots of La Quinta Inns all over the country. This one was very nice and best of all, dog friendly! The room was large with very comfy beds, nice linens and towels and a bigger tv than we have at home. We had a fridge and microwave as well. They have a complimentary breakfast in the morning with all the basics, plus a hot entree. The lighting in the sink area was very good for shaving and applying make up etc. The only negative I have to share is that the bathtub and toilet are in a room separate from the sink, which is nice but the lighting in there was so dim it was really inadequate. As always, thanks to La Quinta for making traveling with our dogs so hassle free!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Eindhoven
Reviewed September 9, 2011

This is a very nice hotel. It is clean and comfortable.
Don't expect something from the neighbourhoud, but if you only need te sleep somewhere, this is a great place!

If you want to eat at a great steakhouse, go to the wolfe lodge inn!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chehalis, Washington
Reviewed September 6, 2011

As a family we decided on a week in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho - however after searching for a reasonable hotel in the area for a family of four, the least expensive place I could find was several hundred dollars a night (and that's with several months' planning ahead!) so I started looking further outside of Coeur d’Alene for a hotel. I am partial to La Quinta hotels and have never had a bad experience with them so when I saw one 15/20 minutes drive from Coeur d’Alene, with a room rate under $90/night (pool/hot tub/free breakfast) I pounced. I was not disappointed.

We stayed from 8/29 - 9/3 and my entire family felt the hotel was outstanding (considering the room rate in particular.) This hotel is slightly off the beaten track (a positive in my book) and not situated 30 feet from the interstate like so many others. It is located in an industrial area (don't let that discourage you) which is VERY QUIET. I am not a great sleeper and strange surroundings usually rob me of sleep but I slept well here which really contributed to a nice vacation for everyone.

The room was clean (the only thing I could be a little picky about here was the grout in the bathroom tile floor was a little yucky but not terrible) and everything was fresh. there was a nice, large flatscreen TV, lots of programming to watch, a larger-than-normal fridge and a microwave. Free wireless internet was included along with a place to set my laptop. The air conditioner was reasonable quiet but I would have preferred a thermostat on the wall rather than simply three settings on the A/C (fan, low. high) but the A/C worked well. Carpets were very clean and in very good condition. All surfaces were clearly cleaned and wiped every day. The daily maid service was outstanding.

There is an 24 hr indoor pool/hot tub that we enjoyed but we saw no one else using. The facilities were very clean and neat. Given the beautiful weather, I would have liked an outdoor pool, but I am sure when it's cold out that indoor pool is perfect. The hot tub was clean and fresh but not quite as hot as I would like it (I like it around 105) I would guess it was closer to 100. Nice but not quite hot enough. The pool was cool - probably closer to 78.

This hotel still has a couple of smoking rooms on the second floor so we opted for the third floor (I can't stand smoke) and there wasn't a trace of the smell, however when entering and leaving the hotel there were sometimes smokers near the entrance puffing away and we had to walk through the smoke. The front desk person told me that the hotel was in the process of going smoke-less in the very near future.

My wife (the sweet-a-holic in our family) enjoyed the nightly home-made cookies in the lobby and she pretty much wiped out the supply while we were there. The AM breakfast was OK at best. They do have a waffle machine (my kids live for that) and typical 'continental' breakfast items. They also offered the stuff to make breakfast sandwiches one morning, but other mornings it was biscuits and gravy (and to be honest, it wasn't great.) Of course, they don't have to offer any of these hot breakfast items so I'm not complaining, but if they are going to do that, it should be very fresh and appealing.

In conclusion, other than a few picky items I listed above, we thought that this is a hotel we would return to and we liked it very much. The staff was friendly and helpful and it was clean and quiet. That's pretty much everything we hoped for.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
seattle
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend soccer tournament held a couple miles away. The breakfast was good with waffles, cereal, fruit, muffins and toast being offered. The room was comfortable and clean. Although there was alot of kids in the hotel it wasn't noisy. The staff do a good job of keeping the place clean and answered all our questions about places to eat.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
#5 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Mirabeau Park Hotel
Mirabeau Park Hotel
#7 of 13 in Spokane Valley

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley? Share your experiences!