Residence Inn Spokane East Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mirabeau Park Hotel(Spokane Valley)
View Hotel
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley(Spokane Valley)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites(Spokane Valley)
View Hotel
Super 8 Spokane Valley(Spokane Valley)
View Hotel
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenthanksgiving weekendfaint praiseminute drive from downtownadded conveniencebike trailbreakfast attendantliving areathe check in processcomplimentary hot breakfastluggage cartconvenient locationnight stayonly stayed one nightbreakfast buffetan update
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed here twice in September. On both occasions, we were happy with the accommodations. However, we did notice that when we paid for the room versus using a certificate we had earned, the quality of the room was better. Residence Inn folks: if you are listening, please pay attention to the fact that your customers are noticing that (it's not the first time we have experienced a lower quality room when using a certificate).

Beyond that, we enjoyed the light meal that was provided on our first stay (minestrone soup and salad) and we were particularly pleased that this hotel is situated on the Spokane 37 mile bike/walking path. This was, in fact, a major consideration in choosing to stay at this hotel. Early morning or late afternoon walks (or biking --- it looks like the hotel has bikes for rent, though we did not check) leaving directly from behind the hotel meant that we could get good exercise without going to the boring exercise room!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We made an online reservation and had been planning to stay here in mid-September. I had made a couple special requests, including early check-in and extra towels. We arrived around 1 pm. The front desk person was talking with another traveler who was unhappy about something. When shefinally acknowledged me and I said I had a reservation, she immediately said "Check-in isn't until 3 o'clock." I said I knew that but had requested early check-in if possible. She said "Check-in isn't until 3 o'clock." I then asked about possible transportation options to a nearby event that we were planning to go to, figuring maybe the hotel shuttle could take us or at least tell us where to get local transportation. She said "no shuttle there" and said we might be able to catch a bus but that would depend on the bus schedules and where they pick up/drop off. I waited for additional information. Nothing. This was a major local weekend event going on; one would think they'd be prepared to help customers with information about it and how to get there. I asked about where to catch the bus. She said "That would depend on their schedules. I don't know anything about that." I just wasn't impressed at all and felt if this was what happened at the front desk, I didn't want to even take a chance on the room, supplies, etc. I think it was the continual repeating of "Check-in isn't until 3 o'clock" that really soured me. I didn't cancel at that point, but left, drove a few blocks down the street, went into the Oxford Suites and found a 360 degree difference in customer service there. We ended up getting a king suite for over $20 less at Oxford, and had really good customer service all through our time there. (Thank goodness Residence Inn allowed for cancelleation up to 4 pm on the day of arrival.)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I would have given this hotel 5 stars if it wasn't for the spotty internet connection. They really need to get this worked out...I have stayed across the country in other competitor hotels in which their Internet wi-fi connected quickly and stayed connected...

Good news is that everything else was perfect. The hotel and staff, the spaciousness/decor/cleanliness of the room, full kitchnette, as well as all of its amazing amentities are really outstanding!.. On top of all that you also get Paul Mitchell hair care - Wow....

In the evening, most nights have a manager reception with snack food which could be dinner for those nights when you don't feel like eating a large meal...Breakfast is really good - no complaints.
Sure this hotel costs more than others -but....sometimes you just want some added luxury for your stayover...and Residence Inn provides that...

Fix the internet wi-fi and this would be an easy 5 star...

Room Tip: if you ever have a slippery tub/shower floor....toss a washcloth on floor of shower floor - it keeps you from slipping around..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Breakfast is great, comfortable clean rooms. The ONLY complaint is: horrible Internet. We called and even talked to tech support. Wifi cuts in and out. The lobby Internet access is just as bad. If you don't care about connecting while you are here. Then you will enjoy this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We visited and reviewed this facility for the first time last fall. We were thouroughly satisfied with the hotel at that time. It became our choice when visiting the Spokane area. This time we decided to take another family member with us who was visiting from the East. We booked a double bedroom suite. The suite was quite spacious, clean and relatively quiet considering that I believe that Shrek was staying on the floor above us. All kidding aside, there were no noises from either side of our suite and the hotel was quite busy.The suite was equipped with two separate bedrooms separated by a full living room (equipped with a gas fireplace no less) and a full kitchen including a full size fridge and stove and even a dishwasher. The living room and both bedrooms were also equiiped with flatscreen tv's. There really isn't anything missing.
We find that this facility is perfectly located about 10 miles east of the hustle and bustle of Spokane and 30 minutes to the west of Idaho and Montana is just an hour's drive beyond that. The facility is close to major malls and other shopping.
Heritage Trail is easily accessible from the hotel for those who would like to bike, jog or walk this excellent paved trail along the Spokane river.
We did not take advantage of the breakfasts included in the package.
Both of our relatively recent stays have been very satisfying and we would not hesitate to recommend this facility. We will return in the fall.
The staff at check in were pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family