“I'd rather go to Taco Bell or someplace nicer. Unless it's 4am.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Abelardos Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Spokane Valley, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'd rather go to Taco Bell or someplace nicer. Unless it's 4am.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

I can appreciate the "authentic" nature of this place. But when you want late Mexican, you can't beat Taco Bell. I was hoping this place would be something like Baja Fresh because Spokane doesn't have one. It's not quite there. The cashiers and managers could barely understand english. I'm amazed they can run a business that way! But then again, that's how you know it's authentic! :-) Thankfully, my fiance speaks broken Spanish and could communicate better than I could. My future mother in law went there because she speaks very fluent Spanish and apparently got a discount because she speaks so well. I'm not gonna throw a fit over that because I can't confirm it. But I could so see them doing that. It's obviously not really meant for the Taco Bell crowd, which is funny because they seem to want that late night stoner demographic. The food is very hearty and seems homemade as opposed to Taco bell's grease infused cookie cutter product. If it's late night and you want Mexican food, you really don't have much choice but Albelardo's.

The food was pretty good, but honestly it's not my first choice. I'd rather spend the money at Casa de Oro or Rancho Viejo. We need a Baja Fresh or a Chevy's!! I recommend this place, but there are probably better choices for the same or very little more money. Unless it's 4am. Then it's probably one of the best choices.

Cheney, Wa
“Finally, Finally, Finally...!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2010

Fans of breakfast burritos rejoice...! Especially those who miss the California/Colorado style ones, with off-standard meat selections like machaca and chorizo. Spokane County finally has a 24/7/365 Mex joint with a drive thru to crave the huevos. And, as it is typical in states south of our border, the burritos are as big as your forearm, dirt cheap, and wrappped in delicious steam-softened tortillas. The salsa roja is thin and spicy, and nicely enhances these amazing creations. This place automatically jumps to the top of the heap of alcohol induced, post-bar closing culinary destinations. But a chorizo especial breakfast burrito is great any time of day. Keep this place open...PLEASE! It's the only one of it's kind in our region...