“Average extended stay type hotel”

Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Tempe, AZ
“Average extended stay type hotel”
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We stayed here when visiting family for a few days. The room was okay. The bed was VERY small and uncomfortable. The bathroom was adequate, but it wasn't the cleanest. We didn't use any of the kitchen features. The neighborhood was fine, a lot of businesses around, but not too shady. I felt pretty safe there. There is a charge for WiFi, but the lady at the front desk said she would waive the fee for us, although we didn't end up using it. For our purposes it was fine. I wouldn't exactly want to stay there again, but if I had to I guess it would be okay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bonleeballerina
Extendedstayhotels, Regional Director of Operations at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, October 13, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Spokane - Valley. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that our guests have many lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. The description you presented of your accommodation is not representative of our quality standards and as such is clearly not acceptable. In order to meet our standards going forward, I will work with my staff to ensure that you and our future guests do not experience this type of incident.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
usa
Reviewed February 7, 2009

In a commercial neighborhood with no "beauty" to commend it.
Semi-clean but carpeting was in dire need of a steam cleaning (stains, spots). Quiet and locked down well. Shower needed a door versus a curtain, as a thorough mopping of water on the laminated wood floor was in order after each shower. The place was overpriced by at least $100 a week. It averaged (after tax) $51 a night, whereas a budget facility such as this should be closer to $40 a night after tax.

• Liked — locked down well, security
  • Disliked — cleanliness was questionable, and overpriced
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Extendedstayhotels, Manager-GRE at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, June 7, 2009
I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Spokane - Valley. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Darby, Montana
Reviewed October 27, 2008

I booked this Hotel soley based on the low price, and was expecting mediocrity. I was very pleasantly suprised with what I found. The hotel was easy to find from the freeway. The room was very clean and comfortable, well maintained, and contained a small kitchenette. the staff was friendly, courteous, and helpfull!! The next trip I make to Spokane, I will definately stay at the Crossland Hotel, and I would recomend to my friends as one of the best bargains I have found in a hotel in a long time!!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — cant thinj of a negative
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank wildfotos
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 5, 2008

We booked this through Hotwire and (luckily) thanks to previous reviewers we knew the bed situation so brought a single aerobed along in case we ended up with too small a bed (which we did...aerobed worked out fine).

Spartan, but very clean. We were on the back side on the top (3rd) floor so very quiet. Great water pressure/temperature. Bed was too hard for my taste and no extra pillows in the room. Most of the lighting was very flourescent, flourescent which gives the room a certain ambiance. There were a couple small mechanical problems in the room (faucet handle coming off, blinky bedside light). And we believe they had just shampooed the carpets as there was this overwhelming floral disinfectant smell which never completely dissipated. So, yeah, not the greatest hotel experience, but for $33/night I was willing to put up with the inconveniences for a quiet night of sleep.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Overpowering rug shampoo disinfectant smell
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steven S

Travelers are raving about these Spokane Valley hotels

Portland, OR
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Overall, I was very satisfied with my stay here. The rooms and grounds were clean and well maintained. It was a basic motel room with a small kitchenette. The beds weren't fantastic, but that's to be expected. I did especially enjoy the shower, good water pressure with lots of hot water. If I were to stay here again, though, I would definately bring ear plugs. The first night, we could hear our next door neighbors arguing and the second, I was woken at 4:30am by some very heavy footed person above us.

• Liked — Cleanliness of rooms
  • Disliked — Noisy neighbors
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed July 9, 2007

I was a little hesitant to stay here as I have never stayed in a hotel where maid service was not included every day. After checking in I was very pleased to see the room. It was nothing fancy but clean and neat. The rooms include a stovetop, microwave oven, refrigerator, dishes, utensils, etc. The only fault I could find with the room was in the bathroom which did not have any counter space.

Now onto the problems. My first problem was that Hotwire guarantees that each room will accomidate two adults. Crossland rooms have one double bed in them. I don't know of too many adults that can be comfortable together in a double bed. I ended up paying an extra $10.00/night for a two bed room. Our room was on the second floor. At about 10:00pm we started hearing noises. It sounded like the people above us were having a wrestling match. I understand that you are going to hear noise in a hotel but this was ridiculous as it went on for hours. Finally we called down to the front desk and were told that the people above us had been living there for two months and had two children. We asked them if they could please call them and ask them to quiet down. The noise finally stopped. At 5:00am the next morning it started up again. We asked to be moved to a different room and the only room they had available was a one bed room which we did not want to do. The next night at 10:00 the same thing happened followed by another phone call down to the front desk in the morning. So the cycle went for the rest of our four night stay. One night we pulled in and were able to see the room above ours as they had the door open only to find that the children were staying in that room and the parents were staying in another room. We were so exhausted from lack of sleep that we ended up deciding to take the single bed room only to be told that they were booked up completely. I ended up having to buy ear plugs and sleep with them for the rest of our stay so I could get some sleep.

The only other thing that was disappointing was the fact that this hotel is a good 30 minute drive from Post Falls or Couer D'Alene which was where we were spending the majority of our time.

Based on this experience I would not stay at this hotel again. It was not a matter of the hotel itself as the rooms were much nicer than I expected for the price, however the customer service and management at this location needs some serious improvement before I would ever consider going back.

• Liked — The refrigerator in the room
  • Disliked — The noise and staff that did nothing to help us
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank IdahoGlamourGirl
WA
Reviewed August 9, 2006

We got a very cheap room here, thanks to Priceline. Didnt need or expect much, so settled for a 1 star hotel. Since they messed up our room assignment, they gave us another room with 2 beds (we had a toddler with us) at no extra charge. The place was very neat and clean. In fact we were trying to figure out why it was classified as a 1*, when we felt it had all the features of a 3*, except the pool, restaurant, valet parking etc. Staff was accommodating and pleasant. The kitchenette in the room is very helpful for those staying longer. It had a fridge, microwave, stove, some cutlery and crockery and sufficient working space.

It is located about 100 feet away from Sprague Ave, and the noise didnt bother us a bit. There's plenty of dining and shopping right there and we had a super Thai dinner just across the road.

A good no-frills hotel at a convenient location.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled on business