WINNER WONDERLAND

“Get what you pay for..” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley

Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
“Get what you pay for..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Knew before I stayed what to expect. Was shocked to see a small fridge with nothing to keep frozen food or ice. Room door was gaping at bottom leaving plenty of space for bugs & whatnot to crawl in. The topper was bed of my 24' truck broken into on last morning of my stay. The management was very friendly & cleaning staff did a decent job. Still as saying goes, you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Spokane - Valley. Given our company's commitment to guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay with us wasn't 100%. Please understand how truly sorry I am. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we can correct them. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay, the next time you are in our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Missoula, Montana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I am not exaggerating when I saw this was absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The main problems were manager knew of problems and knowingly put us in that room. When checking out her comment was, "Oh, ya I knew those beds needed to be replaced." Well then why did you put a family of 5 in there! I have slept more comfortable camping, sleeping on dirt! The place was mostly dirty. There was a hair in the "clean" folded dishtowel on the counter. The comforter also had lots of hairs woven into the fabric. The sink did not drain well. ALL NIGHT LONG there was a very loud humming from the refrigerator. I had three exhausted kids who were asleep when I noticed it (TV was drowning it out I guess) otherwise I would have asked for a different room or maintenance to look at it. The most annoying part was the next morning, I was taking a long shower (because the beds were so hard, I was trying to relax). Apparently, a hotel employee knocked on our door and asked if we had leaked water on the floor. No, the floor was dry. Apparently my shower was causing water to leak on the room below us! Best part was when my husband asked if we needed to not shower then. Since there were 4 more of us that needed to shower that day. The hotel employees reply was, "No, if its a problem they will complain again." As I was showering off I notice a bug on the curtain! I told the manager at checkout and her reply was, "Oh it was probably a rolly polly bug." I told her no it wasn't and I had a photo....her jaw dropped. Seriously! I was so furious. There were a bunch of other bad things about the place that I don't want to waste my time mentioning. Needless to say I requested a refund. I had to call Priceline and go through that whole hassle to get a refund. We checked out as early as we could because we didn't want to be there any longer than we had to. Steer clear of room 222 (right above the office).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tasha R
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Spokane - Valley. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay with us wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. The experiences you described are truly regrettable. Our hotel is passionate about maintaining a comfortable "home away from home" environment. We have determined that it was in fact a guest who knocked on your door about the shower. The matter of lack of cleanliness does disturb me. We have taken your comments and learned from them to train our staff better. I am proud of the staff and do receive compliments frequently on their hard work. But your comments remind us that despite all of the regular praise, we still have room to improve.

Travelers are raving about these Spokane Valley hotels

Trail, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Crossland in Spokane Valley is a great place to stay when visiting the United States, the rooms are clean and affordable. Crosslands is also close to most of the stores/business that are a must when we travel to the US. We also love the fact that there are a couple of pubs/bars within walking distance when you want to go out for a bite to eat and a drink after a long day of shopping.

Room Tip: if there are two of you go with the queen sized bed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MBROST
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind words about your recent visit to Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane Valley. Guest satisfaction is our #1 priority. It is an honor to know that you enjoyed your visit to the US and our hotel because of the service, cleanliness, location and great economic value. We hope you will come back to visit us again soon.
Vancouver, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

The only redeeming quality about this place, and I do mean the ONLY redeeming quality is Allie Raye. She was so pleasant and friendly. She really strives to give great customer service and succeeds!!! Other than that, the bed was horrible, the noise level was atrocious (I could hear the guy next door snoring) and that was the least of the noise issues. I thought that being an extended stay there would be more to it. I have stayed at quite a few other extended stays and this is one that I will NEVER stay at again. I will gladly pay for my room somewhere else rather than using the "direct bill" that my company has through this chain. At least at this location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Our sincere apologies for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. The issues you had are not typical of who we are and what amenities and comfort we hope to provide to all our guests. It is also not indicative of the high standards our company has set for us. We hope to live up to their up those expectations and meet or exceed our goals to ensure guest satisfaction, however, in your situation we failed at this mission. Again, please accept our apologies. On another note, thank you for your recognition of our newest employee, Allie Raye. She comes to us with years of successful hospitality experience and we are excited to have her on board. We appreciate her energy and caring attitude.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

The more I travel for business, the more I am convinced that the people matter more than the facilities when it comes to discerning between hotels. In a given price range you will get similar amenities, but the people running the place are what makes the difference. Perfect example on this trip...the room itself here is smaller and less luxurious than my last hotel in Seattle, but I still like this place better. Because the people at the front desk seemed to actually care that I am satisfied. They don't call it the hospitality business for nothing, and I appreciate the real deal.

Kitchenette in the clean and comfortable (if small) room doesn't hurt at all. Plenty of restaurant options nearby as well, and in-room wifi is better than most. The size of the room is reflected in the low price, and I will stay here next time work brings me to town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nunya B
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to your stay at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our # 1 priority and we are so delighted we met your needs and fulfilled our mission. It is our goal that from the moment of check in until departure you feel that the Crossland is your "home away from home". We hope to see you again real soon. Once again, we extend our graditude for your business and appreciate the time you have taken to write your review of the Crossland Economy Studios in Spokane.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here by myself in January for 12 days. Prior to checking in with them, the staff members were on the ball in noticing an error in my booking. They properly informed me and clearly communicated with me through email prior to me arriving. Their online booking service is very good. Special note to Linda who is the general manager who is completely excellent with any help you may need prior and during your stay. When I arrived, I was greeted with an efficient check in process and retired to my great room. They were more than happy to meet my request to not have a non-smoking room with it being clean with a fully functional kitchen and appliances. I understand I visited in the non-peak season so my request was possible but the manner in which they tried their best to meet my wants and needs was superb. I had a friend come stay over and as long as you inform them and its not breaching the occupancy regs, they are pretty much cool about it as long as you keep the noise level down after hours. The rooms provide sufficient privacy with decent sheets, beds and heating. There was one night however where the next door had a pet who was a bit noisy but it was no big deal. Just something to consider if you're a light sleeper and if you have the opportunity to suggest a room choice. This Crossland Economy Studios is a true reflection of the community spirit of Spokane with the staff members truly being the backbone of why it was such amazing stay. I would recommend it to both single travelers and families and I definitely would be coming back in the near future...

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the facility and/or further away from the laundry would probably serve people b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Vinh D
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your experience at Crossland Spokane - Valley. Our entire staff is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. It tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, despite the noisy pet next door. We are very honored for your recognition as a true reflection of the community spirit of Spokane.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My fiance' and I stayed here for 5 weeks when we first arrived in Spokane and returned for an overnight stay here recently. They are a decent, clean, economical and friendly place. They are also centrally located, which is very convenient. I will continue to recommend them for others as well as stay there myself when the need arises!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna H
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to post a nice review of the Crossland Spokane - Valley. It's always a pleasure to read great reviews from our valued, repeat guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, Extended Stay Hotels believe that the best kind of marketing is the recognition we get from our guests. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our rooms are designed with you in mind. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. Thank you once again. Your kind words are appreciated. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at spk@extendedstay.com if we can assist you in any of your future travels. We look forward to having you again as our guest.