“It's all about service”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Portland, Oregon
“It's all about service”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The more I travel for business, the more I am convinced that the people matter more than the facilities when it comes to discerning between hotels. In a given price range you will get similar amenities, but the people running the place are what makes the difference. Perfect example on this trip...the room itself here is smaller and less luxurious than my last hotel in Seattle, but I still like this place better. Because the people at the front desk seemed to actually care that I am satisfied. They don't call it the hospitality business for nothing, and I appreciate the real deal.

Kitchenette in the clean and comfortable (if small) room doesn't hurt at all. Plenty of restaurant options nearby as well, and in-room wifi is better than most. The size of the room is reflected in the low price, and I will stay here next time work brings me to town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nunya B
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words in regards to your stay at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our # 1 priority and we are so delighted we met your needs and fulfilled our mission. It is our goal that from the moment of check in until departure you feel that the Crossland is your "home away from home". We hope to see you again real soon. Once again, we extend our graditude for your business and appreciate the time you have taken to write your review of the Crossland Economy Studios in Spokane.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed here by myself in January for 12 days. Prior to checking in with them, the staff members were on the ball in noticing an error in my booking. They properly informed me and clearly communicated with me through email prior to me arriving. Their online booking service is very good. Special note to Linda who is the general manager who is completely excellent with any help you may need prior and during your stay. When I arrived, I was greeted with an efficient check in process and retired to my great room. They were more than happy to meet my request to not have a non-smoking room with it being clean with a fully functional kitchen and appliances. I understand I visited in the non-peak season so my request was possible but the manner in which they tried their best to meet my wants and needs was superb. I had a friend come stay over and as long as you inform them and its not breaching the occupancy regs, they are pretty much cool about it as long as you keep the noise level down after hours. The rooms provide sufficient privacy with decent sheets, beds and heating. There was one night however where the next door had a pet who was a bit noisy but it was no big deal. Just something to consider if you're a light sleeper and if you have the opportunity to suggest a room choice. This Crossland Economy Studios is a true reflection of the community spirit of Spokane with the staff members truly being the backbone of why it was such amazing stay. I would recommend it to both single travelers and families and I definitely would be coming back in the near future...

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the facility and/or further away from the laundry would probably serve people b...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Vinh D
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about your experience at Crossland Spokane - Valley. Our entire staff is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. It tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, despite the noisy pet next door. We are very honored for your recognition as a true reflection of the community spirit of Spokane.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My fiance' and I stayed here for 5 weeks when we first arrived in Spokane and returned for an overnight stay here recently. They are a decent, clean, economical and friendly place. They are also centrally located, which is very convenient. I will continue to recommend them for others as well as stay there myself when the need arises!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna H
Manager-RDO, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to post a nice review of the Crossland Spokane - Valley. It's always a pleasure to read great reviews from our valued, repeat guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, Extended Stay Hotels believe that the best kind of marketing is the recognition we get from our guests. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our rooms are designed with you in mind. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. Thank you once again. Your kind words are appreciated. Please feel free to reach out to us directly at spk@extendedstay.com if we can assist you in any of your future travels. We look forward to having you again as our guest.
Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Check-in took about 15 minutes as there was no one in the office at about 6 pm at night. Other than this inconvenience the stay was fairly good. The room was fairly large and clean. It contained the basic amenities you would expect including a small amount of cookware and cutlery - perhaps enough for 2 people. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the room was quiet. We had 3 computers with us and none of us could connect to the free wi-fi. Since this was a one night stay for us and considering what we paid this stay was okay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Schmingie
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a nice review of our hotel. It's always satisfying to read a good recognition from our valued guests, like you. As you know, our rooms are designed with you in mind. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive. Our apologies for the problem you encountered with our wireless service.

Thank you once again. Your support and kind words are appreciated. Feel to reach out to us directely if we can assist you in any of your future travels. We look forward to seeing you back again very soon.
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed August 29, 2012

After reading all of the reviews, I was a bit trepidacious about booking a room here. But, I have to have at least a kitchenette and Wi-Fi. And, in today's world, how do you beat $49.99 per night. Also, as a matter of protocol, I always phone the facility before booking and express my concerns and then book the room directly with them. They add notes to my reservation and I have never been disappointed so far. As a matter of fact, Jessica, the woman who took my phone call was also the woman who checked me in and she even made mention of the items that had concerned me and insured me that none of these would be issues. I also subtley let them know that I write a lot of reviews on Yelp and Travelocity. As expected, everything was perfect. I stayed in room 106. The smoking rooms are all on the 3rd floor at the opposite end of the facility.

The room was very clean, comfortable and I was actually surprised that it was as nice as it turned out to be base on other Yelp reviews. The shower was spacious and included a built in seat for a more comfortable showering experience. I could not find any fault with any aspect of the room other that bring your own ice or be prepared to use the one very small ice cube tray that comes with the room. These are basic, no frills rooms that are clean and have everything you would like to have. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tjomsland
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to post a nice review of the Crossland Spokane - Valley. It's always a pleasure to read great reviews from our valued guests, like you. I was most pleased to hear that Jessica took the time to listen to your concerns and address each one in order to make you more comfortable with your lodging choice. As you know, our rooms are designed with you in mind. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Thank you once again. Your kind words are appreciated. Feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. We look forward to seeing you again.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We just drove the motorcycle from Victoria B.C. and need a place to sleep for the night. Not picky travellers, but here's my opinion:

Pros:
Inexpensive, roughly $63 CDN including taxes/night
Good location, not far from interstate, lots of restaurants nearby
Front desk staff was most helpful and accomodating.
Room was clean, we used the plates/forks/knives available in kitchenette
Bed was okay, was a large twin
Shower/bathroom were fine

Cons:
Can't really compain much for $63/night.
Bed was a bit too firm for us, but that 's personal preference

Overall, our one night stay here was decent, allowed us to get some sleep and completed our motorcycle journey of 600+ km the next day. Would stay here again when passing through.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank no-problem-mon52
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a nice review about our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive recognition from our valued guests, like you. As you know, our rooms are designed with you in mind. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Thank you once again. Your support and kind words are appreciated. Feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. We look forward to seeing you back again
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed at this location for over 3 months for job related travel. My stay here was excellent. Rooms clean, convenient location. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Well worth the price. I would stay here again if I am ever in this area again. Also internet service was Excellent. On site laundry facility,Microwave, fridge and rangetop in each room. Super nice neighbors on grounds. I have nothing negative to say about my stay here. It was actually much better than I anticipated being a stranger to this area. I loved here. I'm gonna miss the place.

Kimmie

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kimberly H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a nice review of our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive recognition from our valued guests, like you. The staff and I are extremely pleased that we not only met your expectations, but exceeded them as well.

It would be our pleasure for you to stay with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Spokane Valley
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Val...
#11 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Ramada Spokane Valley
Ramada Spokane Valley
#1 of 1 in Veradale
Mirabeau Park Hotel
Mirabeau Park Hotel
#7 of 13 in Spokane Valley

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Spokane - Valley? Share your experiences!