“Nice hotel that is too close to a club with some big speakers”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I would say that this hotel was very well put together overall and is one of the nicer 2.5 star hotels you find around Spokane. The only issue is the fact that it's right next to a club that was blasting their speakers..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear hillstead22,

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was a disappointing one. We apologize for the shortfalls, especially with the noise issues you encountered. I truly value your comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Thank you for your valuable feedback, and hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is my hotel of choice! It's great to walk in and have them know who you are and make you feel welcome and comfortable throughout the time of your stay. The staff knows and understands customer service and delivers the best every time! I can't say enough nice things about the staff, the comfortable beds and the cleanliness of the rooms. I'm so happy I decided to stay there the first time and will continue to every time I travel to the Spokane area for those reasons.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Wow, thank you so much for the awesome review! Our mission here is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we do just that with you each time you are here. One of the things we like to do is make those small connections with our guests/family. We are paying attention to who is coming in each day and are always excited to see our loyal family return time and again. It is the little things that go a long way. I am so happy that you continue to stay with us, and we continue to deliver the extraordinary service you come to expect from us.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was our second stay the Holiday Inn Express in Spokane Valley. We chose to stay there again, even after considering the more 'luxurious' downtown hotels. We were again highly impressed. This hotel is well managed, extremely welcoming and friendly, our guest room was clean, comfortable (the bed is so comfortable we were reluctant to get out of it in the morning), the breakfast offers a variety of nutritious options, and, last but certainly not least, there is Penny, the 4-legged, rescued golden retriever staff member who is well-loved, appropriately managed and clearly loved by all the staff and the visitors. I told the employee at the desk when we checked out that I would rather stay at the Holiday Inn Express -Spokane Valley than any Ritz Carlton I've ever visited.......and it's the truth. I recommend this hotel highly !

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for making us your Spokane home for a second time. Our mission is Impress Guests, and that you say we are better than any Ritz Carlton, sounds like we did just that! Thank you so much for the wonderful review, and the recommendation to stay from a loyal guest like you is the best form of compliment.

Thank you again for both staying with us and for the review. We do appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Sometimes I wonder if my reviews for this hotel resonate anymore, because I can never find a bad thing to say about it, and if I can find anything else positive to say. Well, I still don't have anything bad to say here, but I sure can say highlight more positive things to say.

We recently has two separate stays here: one night on our way to Portland, and two nights on our way back home. We were welcomed warmly to the hotel by Jessalynne, who remembered us vividly from our last stay four months earlier. The genuine warmth she showed my four year old son was evident to see, and she was an absolute joy to interact with. I won't write about everything fantastic that she did for us while we were there, but she truly understands how to deliver top notch customer service.

The other person we had lots of personal dealings with was Sydney, who checked us in on the last leg of our vacation. She also was an absolute joy to deal with, and also understands what customer service should be. She is a shining example of going beyond the call of duty to make a customer happy.

When our family travels now, we use the standard set by the Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley as to what a hotel experience should be like. I've stayed at other hotels where the facilities were of equal or better luxury levels or amenities. But none of them are even close to what the overall experience and satisfaction that the HIE SV has given our family.

Unless the hotel is already full when I need to reserve a room in the Spokane area, there is no doubt as to where we will be staying in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the lovely review. I am so happy to see that you continually have an amazing experience when you stay with us. Our mission is to "Impress Guests" and it sounds like we do that with you every time! I will certainly pass along the kudos to Jesslyne and Sydney and they do things every day to help us create Great Hotels Guests Love. They are part of a family here who wants to do everything they can to help our guests feel relaxed and at home.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and the family soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

A friendly staff and a hotel that has a personal touch not usually found in a typical chain hotel. Well worth the price and very easy to get to and from the I-90. Stayed going to and from our final destination. The AC unit was noisy in the one room but other than that issue, everything was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we did just that with you. I am sorry that the AC was noisy, I hope you told someone so that we can have maintenance take a look at it!

I hope your trip was filled with many nights like your nights with us!

Thank you again and Safe Travels!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Warm friendly hotel that has moe personality than a typical chain hotel

Penny is great but we will always remember Kip as he was so special

Manager is very accomodating and the guests here seem appreciated

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your review and for loving Penny (and bringing her a new toy) like you did Kip! We certainly appreciate you and your continued loyalty! Our hotel credo is Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family, and you are definitely family here.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff at this Holiday Inn were excellent! We had a good time and they made it that way because of the service. I will stay there again if the option is presented to me. The hotel was close to alot of resturants that we could just walk to as well which was really nice if you planed on having a few drinks so you would not have to worry about driving.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your great review! I am glad that the service was top notch. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we just did that with you. I hope you had a great rest of your travels and we hope to see you again!

Thank you again and Safe Travels!