“Spokane”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
“Spokane”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff at this Holiday Inn were excellent! We had a good time and they made it that way because of the service. I will stay there again if the option is presented to me. The hotel was close to alot of resturants that we could just walk to as well which was really nice if you planed on having a few drinks so you would not have to worry about driving.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review! I am glad that the service was top notch. Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we just did that with you. I hope you had a great rest of your travels and we hope to see you again!

Thank you again and Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Eagle, Colorado
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Made a reservation for this hotel for the Saturday night of Labor Day weekend, with a guaranteed non-smoking, two queen bed room. Arrived to check in and was told I had a smoking king size. The desk clerk told me she would "compensate me" for the problem by giving me the room for 50% off but my wife is allergic to the smoke and there are three of us. Left and slept in the car since there was not a room in the whole Spokane Area due to Gonzaga and Whitworth Universities having their freshman orientations. Will never darken the doors of a Holiday Inn hotel again. What happens to the guaranteed reservation I have a confirmation for? Ridiculous and totally unprofessional. This review is going on all my travel sites.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Eagle-tripster
Thank you for your honest feedback about your experience with us. I am sorry that your reservation was not honored. Of course it is not the intention of the hotel, or the brand to not honor a reservation, and that it happened to you on this particular weekend, I am truly sorry.

I would love to talk with you personally to see how I can make it right. I know I can't change the past, but would like to see how we can take care of you in the future.

Everett, Washington
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not only did I get bitten by BED BUGS for the first time ever, which was shocking to say the least, but the coffee was watered down and the orange juice was also watered down at breakfast. When I told the front desk about the bed bugs (I had 28 bite sites - red-raised bumps mostly in row on my leg) they said they would inspect the room and call an exterminator, as well as deduct some money off of the bill. My husband and I only stayed on night, but now we're mortified that we may have brought home BED BUGS to our home and they may now even be in our car. What a nightmare!

Room Tip: Our room was quiet on the 4th floor, but they have BED BUGs way up there.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cee K
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so sorry your stay was less than perfect. We do take the matter of bed bugs very seriously and we did get in to inspect the room, including having our professional pest control come in and inspect, so that appropriate action could be taken if needed.

Our mission is to Impress Guests, and I am truly sorry that we fell short with you. I would love to speak with you personally about how we can make things right.

DeLand, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2013

From the moment we arrived to our departure, we were taken care of as though we were royalty. We asked about restuarnts and were given a great place to eat. Our return was late, and we had missed the hot cookies, but they made us a batch and brought them to our room. In the morning, a breakfast to die for. The place across the street said they had the best breakfast, we had to stay there later, becuase Holiday Inn was full. I can clearly say Holiday Inn had the best breakfast. When Holiday Inn was full and they could not offer us a room due to a car show in Spokane, they found us a room in the crowded city. Can you beat that! Thanks to: Carolyn, Deb, Lauren, and Julie(GM).-Terry and Barbara from Florida.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much, for staying with us and for the awesome review! I am glad we were able to get you in and take care of all your needs! I will pass along the kudos to the rest of the team here. Our mission is Impress Guests, and looks like we did just that for you. I hope the rest of your trip was fabulous and we hope to see you again!

Thank you and safe travels!
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave it's not hard to notice this hotel is a gem. Clean friendly and makes you feel at home. It's a very nice place to visit and I really recommend as a hotel to stay. It's nice and dark at night and quiet. Wifi was quick and has password but that's not a problem because wifi comes on a card. They also have the cutest hotel dog which was friendly and wasn't heard barking. This place was perfect it should be 5 stars!!

Room Tip: Get a higher floor, less noise. Make sure to ask about free dinner some nights.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aero_5_4
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your glowing review! Our mission is to Impress Guests, and it sounds like we did just that with you. I am glad you had the opportunity to meet Penny our Golden Retriever, she is truly an awesome dog!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!!

Safe travels
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went on a little road trip and were shocked that all hotels were booked up in Spokane. We figured we could wing it. It seemed to be the only hotel with a room available (we got the last one). The room was average (we had the lilac suite) and the jacuzzi tub was loud and not as roomy as one would hope.

Overall for the time we spent there it was satisfactory, but if you're looking for a nice romantic room, pass on the lilac suite, I'm sure you can find something nicer.

• Stayed July 2013
First and foremost, I am glad we were able to accommodate you while the city was sold out. In the summer months, you never know how full the city will be! Second, thank you for giving us your honest feedback about your room. We cannot address issues if we don't know about them. I am sorry to hear that it was less than perfect for you. I will certainly have my maintenance team look at all the jacuzzi's to make sure they are running properly. If I can suggest the Amethyst suite next time, as the jet tub is in a little alcove off the main room and not in the bathroom! A little more romantic.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again on your next trip to or through Spokane.

Safe Travels
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a good option if you have business in Coeur d'Alene as you save about $100 per night over room rates there, with a short and convenient commute. Last time I stayed at this hotel I was locked out of my room for a period of time so I hesitated to stay again, but it was the best option in the area so we gave it a try.

This trip, some renovations and updates to the hotel had been done and the hotel was better staffed to handle their volume. The hotel was even more pet friendly than in the past, with a golden retriever behind the check-in desk and many dogs staying at the hotel (all well behaved). There are median strips and a small grassy area for pet walking and some longer medians in the office complex out back behind the hotel. Conveniently located near the freeway. Good breakfast buffet with attentive replenishment.

The room was comfortable and clean. However, they do set the AC much lower than needed - 60 degrees - so it takes awhile to warm up to a reasonable temperature. This seems both silly for customers and a waste of energy; I had the same issue last visit. Efficient check-in/out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for giving us a shot again after a not so impressive last stay. I am happy to see that you we able to meet Penny our Golden Retriever, she has been a great addition to the team. I would like to apologize for the lower temperatures in your room, and rest assured that has been addressed with housekeeping. Hopefully next time we will have it just right for you.

Thank you again both for staying and your feedback and we hope to see you again!

Safe Travels