“Canadians down for the weekend :)”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Castlegar BC
“Canadians down for the weekend :)”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

First of all, I want to say a HUGE thank-you to Swan for the lovely greeting, hospitality and gift baskets! As soon as I walked into the lobby to check in, I had mentioned I was down from Canada looking for a wedding dress, and she treated the group of us like princesses. It was the best hotel experience we have ever had. All the front desk staff were lovely!
Rosa was also exceptionally caring and helpful with regards to breakfast. The choices were great and she even made us a waffle in the back after they turned off the pancake machine. Thanks Rosa! :)

Overall, the hotel was clean, comfortable and hospitable. We will definitely stay here again during our future trips to Spokane. Thanks all!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mlferris
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for a lovely review! I always love seeing kudos for the staff. They are an amazing team!! I hope you were able to find the perfect dress while you were here, and if not, there is always another trip to plan to visit with us! Our mission is to Impress Guests and it sounds as if Swan and Rose did just that!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Trail, Oregon
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I would add, that the sound proofing, genuine friendliness, and outstanding "real" breakfast food were bonuses to the overall excellence. It actually felt like home away from home, complete with cozy fireplace. I appreciate the wedding group discount also, thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Susan J
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review. I am so happy to see that your stay with us fell under the "Impress Guest" mission that we live by. Our team truly cares about the needs of the guest and I am glad you felt at home! It was also great to see you enjoyed a real breakfast!

Thank you again, and I hope we don't have to wait for another wedding to have you back with us!

Safe Travels
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

This property is and has always been my choice to stay while in the Spokane area. The staff is great, Julie (the property manager) is great and you are always treated like royalty. It is always immaculate and has always given me the feeling of total safety. This visit they gave out to Priority Club members a really nice goody bag with Tom's all natural deodorant, a really classy shampoo, some snack cookies and a large bottle of water. No other facility I go to does this or have been this forward thinking. Try this place and I promise you that you will be as sold on it as I am. Safe travels.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Gary S
Thank you so much for the lovely review! I am so happy to read that we always deliver. As our credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" thank you for being a loyal family member for so long. I am glad you feel safe, and happy to see that you enjoy the goodies we give out!

Thank you again, see you soon, and safe travels!
Oregon
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years. It is our "only" choice on the trips to and from family living in Montana.

Everything from being greeted like returning family, amazing dog policy (even remember our dog's name), super clean rooms, evening manager's reception that includes wine/beer and heavy appetizers and wonderful breakfast makes this hotel a "10"!!!

How many hotel managers' send you a handwritten thank you note after your stay?

We already have our reservations for our Christmas trip and looking forward to meeting their new dog.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank basor
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review! As our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" it is great to see you felt like family. Thank you for continuing to stay with us and I know you will just love Penny, our newest member of the team! She will have a wag and maybe a bark for you.

Thank you again and see you soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent the past weekend at the Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley and found it to be a great place. Even though they were completely booked for the weekend, everything went smoothly. The room was great and it was nice to have a hot breakfast in the lobby. I always appreciate having a refrigerator in the room and this one was the perfect size. If something wasn't quite right, someone was there immediately to fix it. And the milk and cookies in the evening were a nice touch as was the lovely resident dog, Penny. The day we arrived was the first day she'd been with them and you'd never know she hadn't been there forever. Penny greeting me at the desk made being away from my own dogs a bit easier. General Manager Julie Cohen is amazing and truly understands the meaning of customer service. She's a gem!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SharonFleming
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words both personally and for the hotel and staff. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel credo is "Arrive as Guests, Leave as Family" and know that you are family here! I am happy you enjoyed meeting Penny and we look forward to many years with her at home.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your next visit with us!!

Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel was very clean, not just the surface clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and big, it was just my husband and I. Mini fridge, microwave and small coffee pot. There was fresh baked cookies and cold milk the first evening we stayed. The free breakfast was as very good. The coffee was tasteless, but that's subjective and I won't fault them that... lol Being on the 4th floor, I had hot water for my shower in the morning. The room was easy to get to. I have no complaints at all, except the beds were a bit soft, but again, that's subjective and one person's soft, it another persons hard...etc. I'd rather the mattresses soft like it was then hard like some hotels. The hotel had a pool and exercise room, I forgot both my suit and workout clothes. It's also in an easy location to get to. I found Spokane Valley in general very easy to get around in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank riverturtle
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review for us. We certainly appreciate your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed the room and that the staff was friendly and helpful. Though we cannot change the coffee as it is a signature coffee just for Holiday Inn Express Hotels, I am glad you didn't fault us! lol

Thank you again for writing a review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit.

Safe Travels
Des Moines, Washington
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Check in was only so- so service on 2 recent trips.

Rooms could have been cleaner.

Not all customers treated the same. Some offered wine in the evening, some were not.

Not the level of service I've had in the oast

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Cory C
Julie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Valley, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your last couple of stays have been less than impressive. I would love to speak with you to find out a little more about your stay and find out if there are ways to correct your concerns. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so I can get some more information.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.