“Super 8 Motel”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Spokane, Washington
“Super 8 Motel”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Rooms are a bit dated but clean and comfortable. Friendly staff and breakfast stayed open late. Price was cheap and overall good service for the price

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
LizMickey, Manager at Super 8 Spokane Valley, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. Your business is appreciated. Please contact one of our Managers on Duty if there is anything we can do to make your future stays more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
San Antonio, Tx
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This motel is for truckers. The place has two buildings, the one with the pool "costs extra" which was not clear when I made the reservation by E Mail. The older building rooms are worn but roomy. The trucks can wake you up. A little pricey for what you get. The pool was nice (indoor)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
LizMickey, Manager at Super 8 Spokane Valley, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Room was comfortable, but not exceptional. Pool and hot tub are very nice (as were the chocolate chip cookies!). Free breakfast was a cut above many motel breakfasts. Very busy the night we were there (Labor Day weekend) and at the morning breakfast. The line for the two waffle irons got up to about ten people. The attendant somehow did very well at keeping up with everything, sliding through the crowd to restock supplies. She did so well that we stopped to talk to her when things quieted down a little. Her name is Chevy--good lady.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2011

the reception is extremely friendly and offer to help in anyway he can.
The price is right, the room is clean and comfortible.
Breakfast room is tidy, clean and welll plenished.

Room Tip: comfortable quiet and clean
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bobby r
Granbury
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The room was extremely clean. The staff was courteous and friendly. It was a small room but neat with micro wave and refrig. The bed was very firm which what we like but could of used a better pad.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
LizMickey, Manager at Super 8 Spokane Valley, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. Your business is appreciated. Please contact one of our Managers on Duty if there is anything we can do to make your future stays more enjoyable.
Shelton, Washington
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My husband and I come here often to meet our grandchildren. We have never had a bad visit. The desk staff even know our names and the grandchildren love the indoor pool.

We will be back--- It is a great value!

Room Tip: Stay in the older building to get the best value.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Super 8 Spokane Valley is a clean, easy-to-access, property in Spokane, Washington. I chose this facility because it is adjacent to I-90, it accepts dogs, and it's close to shopping and attractions - such as Splashdown Waterpark and Arbor Crest Winery. Although my room was very clean and comfortable, there were grapes on the floor... and anyone who knows about dogs knows that grapes are dangerous for man's best friend. Other than the grapes, my room was very clean and the free breakfast was adequate (although not good for someone who is watching carbohydrates). There is a pool, a spa, and a fitness room. HOWEVER....as a single woman, traveling alone, I did not like that I was given the furthest room from the front office. It was a little scary waaayyy back there. Also, the hotel apparently lets semi-trucks park in their back lot - which meant that all throughout the night, I could hear the idling of their engines. Not good! It was also a little scary to be walking by all of those semi-truck drivers on the way to my room (as they could tell I was alone). There was a refrigerator and microwave in my room, which is greatly appreciated, but, unfortunately, my frig ran all night long. Also, not good! (I did call the office during the middle of the night and was told to just unplug it.) Additionally, my room - being the furthest room to the back - was next to the exit door/staircase. All night long, I heard the clicking of that exit door as people went up and down those stairs. Ditto - no good! Upon checkout, I did tell the friendly girl at the front desk about my sleepless night and she offered to take 10% off of my charges (saying that it was all that she had the authority to offer me).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo