“Rooms smelled” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
AK
“Rooms smelled”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Stayed here for two nights in August with my 18 yr old daughter. We were in Spokane to do some shopping before taking her to college.

Check in was easy. Asked for a nonsmoking room with 2 queen beds. We were given room 218. We went in the room and immediately I smelled an old, musty, smoky smell. Went to the front desk and told them the issue. We were then given room 318. Went in that room and immediately smelled a strange smell along with a "orange-glo" smell (like they were trying to cover up another nasty smell) Called the front desk and told them about the smell. Asked if there were any rooms that wouldn't have a bad smell, and was told they were all the same. Ughhhhh!! Settled for room 318. I guess I got used to the smell after a while.

Other than the smells, the rooms were average. I didn't try the breakfast, but did have a beer on both nights at the complimentary evening reception. One night they had hot dogs and the other night they had a Chex snack mix. You are allowed 2 free alchoholic drinks per night.

The floors and walls are thin also. On our last night there, the people in the room above us were "going at it" from midnight to 1 am, and you could here "everything". A bit embarrassing when you're with your teen daughter!

I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
I apologize for the smell that you encountered in the two rooms you were in. I did follow-up and found the the room that had the orange glo smell was due to the carpet being shampooed the day prior. There is an orange scent in the shampoo product we use and I am very sorry it offended you. I found that room 318 had been smoked in and we did place a deodorizer bomb to eliminate the smell. I am so sorry you experienced this. The Team and I are very proud of our guestrooms and I can guarantee you our rooms do smell fresh. In regards to the noise you heard I am sorry but that is something out of my control. I do appreciate your comments and I hope you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations the next time you come to Spokane to visit.

Best regards,
Jeff Fiman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2009

I didn't really like my stay at the hotel because when I went to the fitness centre at the hotel, it was filled with really really old equipment that made strange noises when used.

• Stayed August 2009
Sparks, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

The room was extremely comfortable and spacious. But the highlight was the staff. The Quality Inn includes an evening wine or beer, and also included snacks. The person in charge was fantastic and very attentive to the guests, even keeping the snacks out for later arrivals. Breakfast was also included. All in all, it was the best place we stayed all summer.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Spokane, wa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

I am a frequent traveler and have been living out of a suitcase for ten years now. This hotel has always been my favorite in the Spokane area. They have nice clean rooms, great amenities including a “true hot breakfast”! But what I appreciate the best is the hotel staff, they always go out of their way to make you feel at home and you are their top priority. From housekeeping to the manager, the staff definitely makes the difference at this hotel and I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
amsterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

Read the reviews for this hotel and decided to book for one night on our way to St.Mary. Absolutely not sorry for my decision. The hotel was easy to find, with a nice lobby. The check-in very fast and friendly staff, very helpfull. Parking in front of the hotel and inlcuding a simple but sufficient breakfast. Just a shame they didnt use real silverware but plastic. The bedroom with 2 queenbeds and small livingroom with sofabed was sufficient for the night. It was very clean en quiet.
A good recomendation, also for family with 2 or 3 kids.

Auburn, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

We spent the night on our drive from Seattle to Glacier NP, so we wanted something reasonably priced with no frills and close to the interstate. This place if very nice, staff very friendly, accomodations nice, clean facilities. The served complimentary beer, wine and hors douvres at night and a complimentary breakfast which was a step up from the typical bagel and cereal. For a clean, reasonable place that is pretty tastefully decorated for the price, I would definitely recommend it.

Dayton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

We booked two rooms through the internet after reading Trip Advisor. I agree will all the previous praise but I have to add one more. We were traveling with my sister-in-law, booking two separate rooms and an occasional 2-bedroom suite. We stayed in 6 different cites in 6 days, this is the only one that assigned us adjoining rooms, now that's class. Our room was on the inside and our patio doors opened to beautifully landscaped grounds with a large water fountain for a relaxing background.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Spokane Valley
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 13 in Spokane Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
My Place Hotel - Spokane / Spokane Valley, WA
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
Baymont Inn & Suites Spokane Val...
#11 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley
Oxford Suites Spokane Valley
#2 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Hampton Inn Spokane
Hampton Inn Spokane
#1 of 46 in Spokane

Been to Quality Inn Valley Suites? Share your experiences!