“Quality in Spokane, for visit to Whitworth”

Quality Inn Valley Suites
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Walnut Creek, California
“Quality in Spokane, for visit to Whitworth”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Came to visit my son at Whitworth University for the weekend. Location was convenient. Other facilities were also nearby. Room was quiet, staff were courteous and helpful. Bed was comfortable. Will definitely use it again. Liked the evening cookies, and accessibility to coffee 24 hours and internet services.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
JFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! We strive to offer unique and helpful service to all of our guests. We value our "regulars" here, and I'm glad that our staff has shown that with their actions.

If there's anything more we can do to make your next visit even better, please let me or my staff know!

Best Regards,
Jeff Fiman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The management and staff are excellent at this hotel! They recognize me by name, know my room preference, need for a business center with a color printer (& ink) and they have a great breakfast as well as a "happy hour" M - Th with food and beverage complimentary. The fellow, Bob, that runs the happy hour is very friendly, congenial and humorous which helps guests feel comfortable and relaxed enough to converse and have some ralaxed fun during the happy hour and sometimes afterward.
The staff has gone above & beyond the call of duty many times in helping me with various business challenges to help facilitate more time saving efficient work. Plus they have a very good attitude toward their guests and each other. One of if not the best hotels that I stay in!

Room Tip: Their suites with separate bedroom, kitchenette with shower & hottub are roomy, well equiped wit...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Clean, comfortable. Very helpful front desk people. The bed could perhaps have been a little better, but overall, this was a very nice lodging. We used our Choice Privileges points for a free night here, and that was handled very graciously and professionally. We will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We really appreciate our Choice Privileges Members and are glad you enjoyed your free nights stay. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip. Have a great week.

PA
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed 9/3/12 Was unexpectedly upgraded to a jacuzzi suite. Room was a little older in appearance but very clean and comfortable. There were 2 flat screens, one in each room, and a balcony overlooking the center courtyard. Very much enjoyed my stay. They had a good breakfast layout too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
When our availabilty allows, we do upgrade our "Guest of the day" and Choice Privileges Members. I am so happy we were able to do a complimentary upgrade for you and that you enjoyed it so much. Our rooms overlooking the courtyard are very popular, especially in the summer months when you can really enjoy it! Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We look forward to being your hotel of choice on future visits to Spokane.

Geneal Manager
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is my second review for this hotel. Our family has stayed at the Holiday Inn Express a block away in more recent times, not because we didn't like this place (of which I personally prefer), but because they had a resident dog named Kip. That dog sadly passed away, and we thought with our young son, it was a little too much for us to try and explain why there wasn't a dog there anymore. We decided this time around to stay here, and we weren't disappointed. In fact, I think we'll be more inclined to stay here going forward.

Before we had kids, we were fine with a normal hotel room. Now with kids, finding suite hotels is a little more important, as we can put at least one kid down in the separate room, and the adults could have some time together. For the first time, we booked a suite at this establishment, and found that the room setup was better than the family suites at the HIE. There was a fair amount of space in the parlour, with a very comfortable couch (and I assume a sofa bed). There was a wet bar setup with a mini-fridge and freezer as well, and a 40 inch flat screen. The sink and bathroom were separate from the bedroom, which really was more convenient than trying to tiptoe in when a kid was asleep. The bedroom had two comfortable queen beds, a desk, dresser, and another 40 inch TV. The whole suite was immaculately clean when we checked in, and the housekeeper who took care of us left a thank you note for our tip, and arranged our young son's stuffed animals and blanket in a nice way on his bed.

This hotel also has a dog on site - a black Lab named Jacob. He is a very friendly dog, and the staff were very gracious in bringing Jacob from the managerial suite to the lobby to pet. What disappointed my son was that Jacob didn't live on site like Kip did, because he always went downstairs to say good night to Kip. Jacob is only on duty when his master is on duty,

The location of the hotel was great, as you were only a 10 minute drive from Spokane proper, with lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.

We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
What a great review. Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such nice compliments. It is very sad that our sister hotel lost Kip. Like Jacob, he brought so much joy to the hotel and its guests. I do know that they are working with local animal shelters in the hopes of getting another golden retriever. It’s great that we were able to accommodate your family’s needs with one of our wonderful two queen suites. It does make it convenient having separation when needed. If there is anything you need from us in your future visits to Spokane, please do not hesitate to ask. We love going above and beyond for our guests. Thank you once again for your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Federal Way
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is a dive. When we went into our room it smelled awful. It didn't smell like pets or smoke. I cannot describe the smell. However, my teenage sons were the first ones in the room while I unloaded and they said it smelled bad before I ever got in there. I agreed once I got in there. If teenage boys think it smells you know it smells. We were moved to another room clear on the other side of the hotel (after we had already brought our stuff in). That room did not have sheets or a blanket for the pullout sofa. That room had 1 bath towel in it. Odd since it had 2 beds and a pullout sofa. The hotel staff at the front desk was very nice however I will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank AlexBRentonWa
JFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience at the hotel. I did research your concerns regarding the smell of the room. We recently tried out a new deodorizer that is called Jamaican Breeze which was sprayed in the first room that you were in. All hotels do use a deodorant spray to make them smell fresh and crisp. Unfortunately, we have found many guests love the new spray while a select few have not cared for it. I apologize for the inconvenience that we had to move you due to the deodorizer that you did not like. In regards to the the room that you were moved to did not have sheets for the pull out couch and the lack of towels. I am sorry that this happened, obviously the room attendant that cleaned your room made a mistake, but I am sure the front desk did deliver additional linen and towels to your room upon request. I am really sorry that you felt the hotel was a dive, personally I as well as a very high percentage of our guests love our hotel due to the facility, our hospitality and service of excellence. It is obvious we would not have been voted by our guests as a Platinum Award winner (top 1 percent) out of over 1,000 hotels in the U.S. for the past three years. I do wish you would give us another chance to try our hotel to experience what so many others have enjoyed. Once again, I apologize for the experience you encountered.

Washington, USA
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night while traveling. Our room was very clean and nice with more amenities than we needed for our stay (refrigerator, microwave, etc.). We did appreciate the second sink outside the bathroom. Breakfast was much better than normal. Eggs could be cooked to order but we just ate the buffet items (scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, sausage, fruit, breads and sweets). The selection was similar to other motels but the quality seemed better. The beds were very comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful. The only negative was the price which was a little high for us (110 per night).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
JFiman, General Manager at Quality Inn Valley Suites, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for the positive comments you made about the Quality Inn Valley Suites. Our Team works very hard to provide, hospitality, service and cleanliness of excellence. In addition, our complimentary breakfast is the most extensive, including eggs to order Monday through Friday in the entire area. Again, thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Spokane Valley, Washington.