“Good value Hotel”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Spokane Valley
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed here 4th July weekend and were pleasantly surprised that we could get in. Very friendly reception staff gave advice on places to eat. Quiet room on 2nd floor with fridge and microwave. Free coffee and snacks in reception. Adequate breakfast mainly because we were quite late and they were busy. Would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 11, 2010

Based on the mostly positive reviews I thought that I would give this hotel a try. Unfortunately, the reviews about the rooms in the basement are right on target. I always mention that I am a light sleeper when I make a reservation and apparently this meant that I should be put in a room across from the pool and next to the hotel laundry room. After I saw the room, I went right back up to the front desk to request another room and was treated like I was asking for a million dollars. Customer service was completely lacking and the term apathy comes to mind.
I fail to understand why I was being punished with the dungeon, but I can assure you that I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Jeanie W
kittykat600, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2010

Guests arrive to our hotel lobby on the second floor. Several of our nice rooms are located one floor down on the garden level. When we see a request for a quiet room with one king bed the only options are the first floor, near the pool. Even though our hotel is located very near the interstate, rooms on the upper floors, facing the freeway, are still very quiet and comfortable.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

Competes favorably with Courtyard, etc at a much lower price (I paid $80 for a king). Had large room with king, sitting area, desk, refrig, microwave, decent tv and free wireless. Nice pool and breakfast area. Easy access from I-90, just minutes into Spokane proper, near Mall & many restaurants. Safe.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I arrived mid-week for a one night stay. The Inn was clearly nowhere near full.--nonetheless, I was assigned a room in the basement. The room had one small window that was blocked by an outside bush. Paper/plastic cups used. Ugly, small bathroom. Overly-hard mattress. A very depressing experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank emersonj
pheasanthill, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2010

We do not have a 'basement' at our hotel. The lobby level is the second floor and some guest are assigned rooms, one floor down, on the first floor. Windows in all rooms are the same large size throughout the hotel regardless of what floor a guest is on; some rooms do however have a better view than others. Ceramic mugs for your hot beverages are available 24 hours in the lobby, rooms are supplied with paper cups. All rooms have the deluxe Simmons Beauty Rest Pillowtop mattresses.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

The Pheasant Hill Inn is centrally located, easy to get to, reasonably priced, and comfortable. They have an indoor pool, a fairly well stocked breakfast (complimentary), free wi-fi, and 24-hour staffed front desk. We had a microwave and refrigerator in the room, as well as a safe.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2010

Well appointed, comfortable bed, reasonable price, clean, convenient location, evening cookies and fantastic 24 hour coffee. Perfect for the girl's shopping trip. I'm a bit puzzled as to a previous review that says the breakfast is skimpy. The only hotels I've ever stayed at that might have more selection are the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn. I've stayed at many hotels that just have toast, cereal and coffee. The breakfast is complimentary and certainly got our day off to a quick start. I was not impressed with the water maintenance for the pool and hot tub. The pool was cloudy, there was a very strong chlorine smell; the hot tub was only bathtub warm. I don't use them; and would return to the Pheasant Inn on future trips.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2010

We stumbled upon this great modern hotel with an excellent service record the day of our stay. They are conveniently located right off the freeway, yet the rooms (and hallways) are very quiet. The evening staff was exceptionally helpful, but be ware that they charge $1.50 fee for the safe in your room, and you have to remember on your own to opt out of it when you check out. They are pet friendly (on the main floor only with a pet deposit), and as we stayed on the 3rd floor, that did not hamper our stay as my wife has strong pet allergies - I.e. The whole hotel was very clean. The breakfast was meager (eggs from powder, bear claws, cold cereal), but they did have a do-it-yourself pancake machine that made 2 at a time. They offer complementary Starbucks coffee and Starbucks Hot Chocolate all hours of the day, and the pool, hot tub, fitness center, and business center are open 24/7 as well. Our king bed was VERY comfortable, and the only true complaint we have has nothing to do with the hotel, except perhaps in regards to its proximity to the railroad, as the train went by at 4:30AM quite loudly, and our 1 year old (who loves trains) was woken up for the day.

Overall, our experience here was great, and we look forward to our stay here again, next time we are in the Spokane area!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Mirabeau Park Hotel
#7 of 13 in Spokane Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Spokane Valley
Hampton Inn by Hilton Spokane Airport

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!