“Fresh Milk”
Review of Altai Oasis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sorata
Altai Oasis
“Fresh Milk”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

A real oasis garden! Very nice place to stay. A Hippie's dream the owner calls it. You get home made jam and the milk is from their own cow. Eat t-bone steak after downhill biking!! makes me want to open my own B&B.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 15, 2014

although sorata was disappointing, my friends and i felt it was worh coming there just for this place! the area is beautiful, with river access that we used every day. the accommodations were comfortable and clean, and there was hot water in the shower. there was also an organized dvd library in a cozy tv room. the restaurant was great and the owners were really helpful and did everyhing to make us feel at home. we even decided to stay an extra day just to enjoy the place. what made us leave earlier than we actually wanted was that the place is distant from the center and that the price is definitely not cheap. but still, we felt it was worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank noa_pomerantz
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We never actually got the chance to stay here because our reservation was not honoured even though it was confirmed. Upon arrival the women who greeted us were immediately very rude and yelled at us about not having space and not having services available and how it was not their fault that they did not have vacancy. I showed her the string of emails I had with the owner simon and she relented by saying that in fact there was a room but that we still could not stay because there was no water no food and no vacancy. so we left, tried first to find other accommodation in town where there was no vacancy either. So we had to LEAVE sorata altogether!! And then I emailed owner simon to alert him of what happened and rather than offering an apology he defended his staff and basically told us that we were stupid to think our reservation was confirmed. I would not recommend this place to anyone because of how we were treated here. I'm sure not much would have changed had we chosen to stay.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Frestonian90

Travelers are raving about these Sorata hotels

Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just got back from Altai, And I have to say, THANKS ROXANA AND JHONY AND THE REST OF THE ALTAI FAMILY...... I hat a wonderfull time at your place, the service, the food, the accommodation, everything was just amazing like last time... keep the good work, ALL THE BEST AND HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT YEAR...

Room Tip: All the accommodation are just excellent, I love the Altai rooms and also the cabing Atalaya.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Selig J
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We chose Altai Oasis on the recommendation of friends - Sorata doesn't have the best accommodation anyway so this place was adequate. Quite a hike from town down a steep hill if you take the trail but still only 15 minutes or so. The grounds are nice enough, the pool not so much, and the staff are OK. We had dinner here and it was good with a nice balcony. The room was basic with a shared bathroom - there was no water coming from the shower or the toilet but the sink worked so we could at least clean our teeth! We only stayed a night so no big deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by a colleague. At first I was not sure if I should go because of the previous very negative review, but at the end decided to give it a chance, and I am glad I did! Upon arrival, my family was greeted by a charming 2-year old girl shouting 'ninos, ninos!' and hugging my two young kids! Then we met with her mother, Lebana (the owners's daughter), which ended up being somebody greet to speak to during our whole stay. As for the owners, what to say, but that they are great people with a purpose! My kids spent the week-end exploring the huge propriety and running after the animals while we could relax around. The food was great (which is something when you are vegetarian!) and the weather very warm. We will certainly come back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank adanjou
London
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Firstly, it's a nice place. Quiet, peaceful and away from the town. But it's a LONG way from the town. So far that you are basically compelled to eat at least one meal a day there and it's a taxi ride to get to it. Definitely not 10 mins walk.

Secondly it's stupid expensive for what it is. We didn't realise as it was our first place in Bolivia. We stayed in Titticaca later in a slightly cheaper place that was amazing. The rooms are a way down a hill and there are no views as such. The restaurant has great views and is a nice setting. The choice of food is limited.

Finally despite there being a sign up saying the cost was $45 a night, the woman we paid the bill to insisted we pay in bolivianos and converted our dollars so it actually cost $46! This meant a $2 over charge. It's not much I know but it left a bad taste. We should have stayed in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank artvoid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sorata
EL Encanto Sorata
EL Encanto Sorata
#1 of 3 in Sorata
Ecolodge La Estancia
Ecolodge La Estancia
#1 of 19 in Isla del Sol
Colibri Camping and Eco Lodge

Been to Altai Oasis? Share your experiences!