“Wonderful food again”

The Blacksmiths Arms
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The 2nd time we have been here this time it was with a friend who had come to visit us for the weekend. What can I say great quality food well presented and very well priced for what you get.
The lovely open fires and warm welcome in the bar are great on a dark wet cumbrian evening. My friend was also taken aback by the food and how nice it was.

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I have an annual trip to Broughton Mills we always spend time eating and drinking at this friendly, warm atmospheric pub. The food is excellent at very reasonable prices. We actually ate there twice in our most recent four night stay, on the second night I had the Duck which was just gorgeous, perfectly cooked pink, with an excellent choice of veg. On both evenings I started with the tempura king prawns from the specials menu they were so good I could not resist them on the second night. Thanks to all the staff for a really wonderful culinary experience twice!!!!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Visit regularly, as I enjoy the food. Occasionally, the meat can be overcooked and tough, but it is generally very good. It is also reasonably priced. They also allow dogs in! My only complaint is one member of staff who is always rude. He bosses the other staff members around and is rude to the customers. He ruins the whole thing really.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Been here a few times in as many weeks and the food is brilliant great pub friendly staff great service, what else can I say ?

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We ate here this evening (party if 5 with 2 teens & 1 child). Great atmospheric inn with cosy open fires & wood beams, all set in a rural setting, but worth the drive. Best to book judging by how busy it was on a Tues evening!
The staff are friendly & helpful without being obtrusive. Good range of menu choices, with a specials menu & a kids menu which thankfully doesn't include the usual rubbish offered to younger diners.
We had pigeon with black pudding, and tempura prawns to start. Pork tenderloin, Cajun rubbed chicken, lamb burger & chicken with a mushroom sauce (and 'proper' fresh battered fish for the youngest). All of which was delicious and beautifully presented - definitely better than your average pub supper. Definitely gastro-pub rather than pub grub. We're heading back before the end of our holiday to try some more of the menu.