We have been to Telunas beach resort with my husband, nanny and 1 year old baby. We were received at Batam by William, a great host who took care of us during all our stay. He made sure that we are fine and enjoying our time there.
The journey has started by a boat trip from Batam. To be honest, I was afraid of the idea of taking the boat with my little son as I was wondering about his safety and how to keep him busy during the 1.5 hour trip. We are not the kind of adventurous parents :).Everything went very smoothly. William gave us a safety jacket for our baby that we did not even use. The water is calm, no waves so no chocks. My son was busy smiling to the other guests for 30 mins than he slept. In short, if you are like us, the kind of very precautious parents and you dont like to take risk with your kids, you still CAN DEFINITELY GO TO TELUNAS :)
After the boat trip, we arrived to Telunas. We were surprised how friendly, warm and smiley the staff is. We immediately felt that we are visiting our family. I can not tell you how sad we were when it was time to leave snif snif.
Our son immediately found a friend and was happy spending time with the staff.
The facilities are great and can keep you busy all day. We loved watching the guests fishing and we enjoyed the library/reading room area.
Room side, we went to the family chalet, the room is spacious, it has 2 fans, but we did not feel the need of using them. The bathroom has hot water.
If you are looking for something more luxury, private and quiet, you can go to the private island where the villas are decorated with very refined taste, from the villa huge balcony, you can see the sunset and count the stars. There is also a pool.
In short, there is something there about the environment, the people, the area, the ambiance, the Idontknowwhat that makes you feel relaxed and happy!
As I said, we felt home so we will definitely go back again to visit our family there ;) and thanks again to the great staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 Hrs from Batam (3+ from Singapore) but a world away, Telunas Resorts has two distinct properties to serve guests seeking rest, relaxation, and fun. Telunas Beach Resort provides "rustic elegance" (i.E., Cozy bed-and-breakfast) while Telunas Private Island provides "simple luxury" (i.E., Comfortable private resort). Built entirely above the water, enjoy Telunas' stunning sea and jungle views and let sea breezes and lapping water ease you to sleep. Facilities: Private Island - 15 sea villas, grand lodge (dining, lounge, etc.); Beach Resort - 10 private chalets, 4 deluxe rooms, 1 multi-family suite, 5 dorms, meeting room, lounge, dining room, private beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Telunas Beach Hotel Sugi Island
- Telunas Beach Hotel Batam
- Telunas Beach Batam
- Telunas Beach Resort Indonesia/Sugi Island, Riau Islands