Found Telunas on the internet after considering other options for a couple of days away during our stay in Singapore with family. Very good pre-arrival communication via email, we were met at Batam by a member of staff who escorted us via a local ferry and then by a Telunas small boat to the resort. Only 4 people staying so it was very very quiet but just right for us. Good basic food and facilities, don't expect luxurious extras! After having very european food for several meals we asked for local and it was excellent! We went to Moro island in one of Telunas boats, what a great excursion! Took pillion seats on motorbikes up to a temple, lovely views, the town was very friendly and interesting. Thoroughly recommend it, it doesn't seem to be on their normal itinerary but well worth going.
The only down side was that the beach was somewhat untidy, games equipment left around, towels left on the beach for a couple of days, perhaps the staff were having a bit of a break between two large groups!
We took a Telunas small boat all the way back to Batam on the way back to Singapore which was great fun (included getting wet!), much more enjoyable than the enclosed local ferry.
All in all a very relaxing time, would recommend it if you enjoy the simple quiet life. Not sure it would be quite as enjoyable if they had a full house!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 Hrs from Batam (3+ from Singapore) but a world away, Telunas Resorts has two distinct properties to serve guests seeking rest, relaxation, and fun. Telunas Beach Resort provides "rustic elegance" (i.E., Cozy bed-and-breakfast) while Telunas Private Island provides "simple luxury" (i.E., Comfortable private resort). Built entirely above the water, enjoy Telunas' stunning sea and jungle views and let sea breezes and lapping water ease you to sleep. Facilities: Private Island - 15 sea villas, grand lodge (dining, lounge, etc.); Beach Resort - 10 private chalets, 4 deluxe rooms, 1 multi-family suite, 5 dorms, meeting room, lounge, dining room, private beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Telunas Beach Hotel Sugi Island
- Telunas Beach Hotel Batam
- Telunas Beach Batam
- Telunas Resorts - Telunas Beach Resort Indonesia/Sugi Island, Riau Islands