We booked for a 2 night stay over first week of June 2013. The email communications from the management (Lilis) was very responsive and helpful, providing proactive tips on routes, timings and such. We were received at the ferry terminal and transported to the resort without a worry by a 90 minute long boat journey. Welcome drinks and cold towels on arrival are much appreciated.
The resort itself is secluded, peaceful and quiet. Only 3 families (plus a school group) when we were there. No hustle and bustle. the only dilemma was when and how long to be at the beach. Quite a tranquil place. Nice strip of beach, pleasant in the afternoon. Nothing to do, except to relax. Heavenly! Have some sports by the beach like table tennis, volleyball, a surf board, can rent kayaks, footballs etc. We also had a bonfire and pizza by the beach for a bit extra.
Food was good. Nothing fancy, but satisfying. Rooms are clean and well maintained with clean bathrooms. Dining area has a nice view and good to hangout after food.
Special mention to our hosts Elsa & Dior for always being there with a smile. They make the difference!
It was a pleasurable visit overall and we do plan to be back...with friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 Hrs from Batam (3+ from Singapore) but a world away, Telunas Resorts has two distinct properties to serve guests seeking rest, relaxation, and fun. Telunas Beach Resort provides "rustic elegance" (i.E., Cozy bed-and-breakfast) while Telunas Private Island provides "simple luxury" (i.E., Comfortable private resort). Built entirely above the water, enjoy Telunas' stunning sea and jungle views and let sea breezes and lapping water ease you to sleep. Facilities: Private Island - 15 sea villas, grand lodge (dining, lounge, etc.); Beach Resort - 10 private chalets, 4 deluxe rooms, 1 multi-family suite, 5 dorms, meeting room, lounge, dining room, private beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Telunas Beach Hotel Sugi Island
- Telunas Beach Hotel Batam
- Telunas Beach Batam
- Telunas Resorts - Telunas Beach Resort Indonesia/Sugi Island, Riau Islands