Starting from the boat ride from Sekupang to Telunas, the trip was very much back to nature, back to the basics. The people were very hospitable and friendly, and the place was very well maintained. With the communal style of living, and having meals together, there were lots of opportunities to meet people from other countries as well as spend quality time with loved ones.
The wonders of nature intrigued us and kept us busy for many hours. Watching the hermit crabs on the beach, sunrise and sunset, different species of fish... We also went kayaking, swimming... And there was time for some quiet reading and board games... 4 days went by very quickly!
The food prepared daily was fresh and delicious. Dessert was especially good. Even my 8-year-old did not have any trouble and enjoyed meal times very much! On the last day, we made a special request for crabs at additional cost and were delighted with the quality and value for money.
We will definitely go back as a family... And I will make trips there for some quiet time on my own in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 Hrs from Batam (3+ from Singapore) but a world away, Telunas Resorts has two distinct properties to serve guests seeking rest, relaxation, and fun. Telunas Beach Resort provides "rustic elegance" (i.E., Cozy bed-and-breakfast) while Telunas Private Island provides "simple luxury" (i.E., Comfortable private resort). Built entirely above the water, enjoy Telunas' stunning sea and jungle views and let sea breezes and lapping water ease you to sleep. Facilities: Private Island - 15 sea villas, grand lodge (dining, lounge, etc.); Beach Resort - 10 private chalets, 4 deluxe rooms, 1 multi-family suite, 5 dorms, meeting room, lounge, dining room, private beach. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Telunas Beach Hotel Sugi Island
- Telunas Beach Hotel Batam
- Telunas Beach Batam
- Telunas Beach Resort Indonesia/Sugi Island, Riau Islands