All reviews torre del tartufo chef franco the kitchen cooking vacation bucket list olive oil his assistant wonderful experience pizza great fun each evening every meal four days casa ombuto experienced chef exceeded our expectations whole experience
Reviewed July 6, 2016

This was the best cooking vacation of my life. Franco, Paola and Lena made us feel at home and made us all feel like an extended family. I have taken many cooking courses and Franco was the best cooking teacher that I have ever had. He not only told us what to do, but WHY we were doing it. Franco also taught us many techniques used in restaurants to partially cook a dish ahead of time and then finish it just before serving the dish. Also, the truffle hunt with truffle dog Persia was a great experience.
The location is gorgeous. We had a beautiful room overlooking the pool and the Tuscan hills.
I give Torre del Tartufo my highest recommendation.

Room tip: If you are a couple book way ahead of time and ask for the room with the canopied king bed and fireplace overlooking the pool.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2016

You cannot imagine just how magical Torre del Tartufo is. If you love people, cooking, the most wonderful fresh ingredients, wine, grappa and slowing down the pace of life a little, then look no further. The villa itself is extremely comfortable, beautifully decorated and furnished tastefully maintaining tuscan features. The team who look after us each day are exceptional and they certainly know how to provide an environment that gives you enough space to enjoy your holiday but equally are there for you if you need anything. Franco the Chef is perfect! I love to cook, especially Italian cuisine and yet I learned more in a week than I did in a lifetime about cooking. There is a perfect balance of structure to the week with cooking lessons and relaxation/ free time - it has been very well thought out and mastered over the years. The day trip excursion was exceptional, we saw things you would not know about if touring on your own and the 1000 year old winery was an absolute highlight. If you are lucky enough to have great group of people like I did then the trip will be exceptional. This truly was one of the best weeks of my life. I will be coming back to Torre del Tartufo with my friends and family, I want them to experience this little slice of heaven. Don't hesitate to book if you love food, wine, Italy and people.

3  Thank Jaquie S
Reviewed July 4, 2016

An excellent week at a location hard to beat. Loved the atmosphere with a combination of four hours fun cookary and relaxing time at the pool or in the tub. The group became a team within one day due to Franco's creative abilities in dealing with people. Thanks to the 'team members', Lena and Paola. Bella Italia. Amo questo posto:-)

1  Thank Remko H
Reviewed July 4, 2016

If I could rate my stay at Torre del Tartufo higher than a 5 I would. It was everything I had hoped for and more. The staff is incredible. Starting with Lena who took care of me when my flight was delayed and stayed in communication with me to make sure I got the villa safe and sound. Chef Franco is an excellent teacher with patience and his ability to balance fun and instruction made the classes enjoyable. We learned to make 5 star meals during our 4 cooking sessions thank you to Franco and Paola. There is joy at this place thanks to the staff. The villa is everything I imagined a Tuscany villa in the hills should be. I had a beautiful room overlooking the pool and hills. I felt like I stayed at an Italian all inclusive resort for a week. All the yummy food and wine you wanted to consume. Our rooms were cleaned everyday. The balance of the cooking classes, free day, and excursion day was perfect. You have the opportunity to lounge by the beautiful pool or explore by visiting the local towns. It is an unforgettable experience and one I will treasure.

Reviewed July 4, 2016

There truly are no words descriptive enough to describe our week at the Villa! We anticipated an amazing trip and got so much more-we got the trip of a life time! The Villa is absolutely breathtaking with views that can't be beat. The staff is indescribable, Elena is warm, thorough and gracious and makes sure that you want for nothing! Franco is a master chef with a gift for teaching! He effortlessly juggles meeting the needs of all of his students while "Franco" is called out continuously. He and his partner Paola anticipated our every need/mistake and guaranteed our success while allowing us to learn and have FUN! The unique menus we created while listening to his endless playlists of amazing songs created a cooking environment we all couldn't wait to get to each day! As if this wasn't enough, Elena, Franco and Paola worked to help my boyfriend plan a surprise engagement while we were there (the first in the Villa's 12 years)! Their excitement for us and their desire to help create a very magical moment for us was incredible and greatly appreciated! Our day of excursions that they had planned for us was fabulous and exposed us to places in Tuscany we would not have seen on our own. Our trip was also made so very special by the group of amazing people from all over the world who we had the privilege of spending our week with...lifelong friends were made on this incredible journey! We can not recommend Torre del Tartufo enough, you will not be disappointed, you will walk away with a once in a life time experience!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple