All reviews torre del tartufo chef franco the kitchen other guests cooking vacation bucket list tuscan hills his assistant wonderful experience pasta great fun friends and family delicious food exceeded my expectations making sure each evening italian cuisine
Reviewed July 1, 2016 via mobile

The hill up to the villa is the beginning of an amazing journey! Once at the top of the world, you know you arrived in foodie heaven! The villa is so beautiful! The pictures are nice, but being there in the Tuscan sun breathing in the floral smells- the grounds and view are so much more! It was a full sensory experience. The four course meals three times a day was probably the best eating I will ever do. Being part of the production made it more meaningful and lasting. Chef Franco was the best. He planned beautiful meals for the week, taught us how to prepare but also WHY good cooks (chefs) do it that way. He made substations for in season items which I appreciate so much! We learn a variety of skills and I can't wait to host an Italian dinner party at home. Paula was a wonderful nonstop healer over the week. Lena was easy to communicate with, always helpful and let a fantastic excursion day. She also makes delicious cakes and breakfast eggs. Awesome experience! Highly recommend this to anyone who loves food, coming or just eating!

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank annapQ4201EQ
Reviewed June 28, 2016

My sister and I recently stayed at Torre del Tartufo for the week long cooking school - and it was amazing!!! The entire experience exceeded all of my expectations. The location of the villa is hard to beat - with views of the Tuscan hills and amazing amenities including a lovely pool and hot tub. In addition, the staff are incredible. They work hard to ensure all your needs are met and you have a fun and relaxing holiday while you're there. I would recommend this experience to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday where they can learn and enjoy good Italian food. Special thanks to Lena, Franco and Paola - it was an incredible experience that I won't soon forget!

Room Tip: For the best views - ask to stay in a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Brittney P
Reviewed June 17, 2016

Franco is a superb chef and a wonderful teacher. He is kind and gentle while also setting a high bar for our learning. He quickly learns about who we are and matches recipes to our abilities and interests. We all felt comfortable and supported in our learning. And the food was beyond fabulous (one of his favorite words). Franco guided us and knew how to make adjustments to correct our mis-steps while always leaving us feeling excited about our work. He and Paola create a kitchen that hums and they are always one step ahead of us to ensure our success. Lena organized us for breakfast and with our accommodations. She is a resource for the area and would do anything to help make your stay wonderful. The accommodations were better than portrayed in the pictures, and if you look at the pictures, that is an amazing feat. There is nothing to improve. Go, enjoy the TLC you get from the staff, the fabulous cooking training, and the amazing tastes of Tuscany. Franco knows where to get the best resources for cooking and he knows how to create tastes that excite your pallet. It was clear that he loves what he does. He laughs, smiles, and has the patience of Gandhi coupled with the intelligence of Einstein. He enjoyed all of us for the talents we each brought to the week. And, he plays the best music in the kitchen while we are all working!

Room Tip: Book early to get what you want.
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce B
Reviewed June 1, 2016

My family and I had a fabulous time at Torre del Tartufo with Franco, Paola, Alex, and Lena. They made sure everything was perfect from the food, rooms, reservations for outside events we wanted to do on our free time. The cooking classes were a blast and we learned so much! The grounds are BEAUTIFUL! All the staff does a great job keeping everything in tip top shape! Thanks for a great week!

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed May 12, 2016

There are not enough words to describe the wonderful week we spent at Torre del Tartufo. The villa is located in a pictures and peaceful spot. The room was very comfortable and the staff took care for all the small details. The course was excellent. I've learned many tips and variety of recipes. Franco is one of a kind! Very professional with a lot of patient and always has "plan B"....
My husband was a non participant guest. This is a very good option for one who does not want to cook but would like to share the experience.
Thank you Chef Franco, Paula, Lena, Alex, Francisco and all the staff for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple