“Manor Charm”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bulkington
Adelaide, Australia
“Manor Charm”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed 1 night recently whilst in the area catching up with friends. Suspected our booking had been stuffed up when Best Western emailed us 3 days prior to our visit asking us to rate our recent visit. Arrived late to be told that yes the booking had been ballsed up but no drama, received a free upgrade.
As per previous reviews, yes the hotel is a little dated & faded here & there but honestly who cares? Place was clean, bed was comfortable and shower was hot. Staff were fantastic, didn't bother with a cooked breakfast so can't comment, however continental was very good with a selection of choices. Would certainly stay here again, if you want flashy brand new decor don't stay here, if you want good service and some old Manor Charm then this is your place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravellingScorp
Ian B, General Manager at Best Western Weston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear TravellingScorps,

Thank you for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again. Apologies for the "ballsup" with your booking.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Cheshire UK
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

OK, let's do this whilst sitting in room 33 drinking my complimentary water and using the excellent free wi-fi available throughout the hotel.

If you want modern luxury book elsewhere. However if you want a great value for money 3* Best Western that is very clean but could do with a refresh then stay here.

After very warm welcome from Stephen, followed by real ale in the bar, I have Just enjoyed a really good value for money dinner in the restaurant served by two of the most customer focused ladies I've ever met.

I'm not contemplating booking for a couple of nights next week with the good lady - and there is no way I would risk the grief obvious grief.

Review ends . . .

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank uMickey
Dear uMickey,

Thank you for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again.
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in October as a base to visit the NEC. The hotel was very friendly and welcoming. Room was perfect, if a bit warm when we arrived, however switching off the radiator soon fixed that. We ate both nights in the bar and the food was very good. We will certainly use this hotel next time we want visit the NEC or anywhere else in the lacal area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Raymond B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

On check I received a courteous welcome, and even a choice of rooms, my choice was between room 2 and 4. I chose 4 as it was larger with a double and a single bed in, it also had a wet room with walk in shower.
Initially there was a musty urine smell, so I opened the windows to try and freshen the room, at this point I moved to the lounge to do a couple of hours work.
When I returned to the room the smell had not cleared, at this point I joined trip advisor and read the previous reviews.
Mr Bednall, please stop apologising about the reviews on trip advisor only in August this year you said to Ian D that you took his comment about the smell seriously and yet from my experience you have not rectified this issue.
Unfortunately you are letting BW down with your lack of attention to detail, including the kitchen that thinks it is acceptable to serve burnt lasagne in the bar, fortunately your bar, reception and breakfast waiting staff are a credit to the hotel, as is the general decor and character of the hotel.
I would like to stay again but the other two BW hotels in Coventry are offering a consistent better experience than I received with you earlier in the week.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mjboulton,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The issues you raised have now been rectified by the maintenance team. Thank you for your comments about the helpful staff, I will certainly pass the message along to the team.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Extremely friendly staff, ornate decor and plenty of outdoor space. Parking is easy and it's good value. The food is lovely - fancy traditional in style. It certainly isn't cutting edge and it's a bit threadbare in places but I would stay here again because of the warm welcome and well equipped rooms. Convenient for motorways and tourist destinations the surrounding area does have it's own quiet charm.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear lone-opine

Thank you for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again.
Bedworth
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just celebrated a 50th Wedding Anniversary by having the gorgeous 3 course Sunday Lunch and priced @ £14.95 not bad value, and the children ate at half price and to be fair the portions were the same apart from a little less meat on the main course !!
There was plenty of choice for each course so unless your really fussy most tastes should be catered for and the food was excellent. the service was very good and the room was delightful !!! Also they put no pressure on us reference the time etc !!! All in All a delightful afternoon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark B,

Thank you for your kind comments, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Harrogate
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Although I'm a Best Western Rewards Diamond member I was allocated the smallest, dingiest room I had seen in a while.
After asking at reception I begrudgingly had it changed to a better decent sized one.
Room was nice enough, bathroom was rather dated & shower was just so poor.
I spoke to the Manager, who is the only thing that stopped this hotel from receiving a "Poor" rating, about the shower & he informed me it's to do with their low water pressure.
I'm sure this hotel is a great spot for a wedding, christening etc. but as a business traveller, who spends a fortune on hotels, I felt the service was lacking - upon arriving back at the hotel one evening I spent around five minutes searching for a member of staff who could give me my key, & when he finally did I didn't even get an apology...
Service at breakfast was also very poor & very slow.
Not the Best Western service I've become accustomed to.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jonny-Northerner

We apologise for the sub-standard customer service you received during your stay. This has been addressed and more staff training has been implemented to reduce the waiting times for our guests, be it reception or in the restaurant.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bulkington
Millers Hotel
Macdonald Ansty Hall
#5 of 39 in Coventry
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa

Been to Best Western Weston Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!