“Old World meets Crossroads”

Best Western Weston Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bulkington
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Old World meets Crossroads”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A lovely frontage to this hotel but feel it is let down by the "Crossroads" type motel atmosphere of the large extention where we were accomadated. On arrival a large wedding party hogged the bar area so no arrival drink was had. We were informed best not to eat at hotel while wedding party was being fed from around 7pm. We didn't - we went elsewhere.

The room in the annexe was quite small and very dated. Bed linen was clean but duvet very thin and mattress appeared past its best.

Check out could have been better with a smile and chat from the receptionist.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian B, General Manager at Best Western Weston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guinness4health,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements where possible,

Ian Bednall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have always been impressed by the staff and hotel in general until today when I met the most dreadful woman who in the end didn't serve me breakfast. I am normally in a suit but today was attired in casual clothing, on arrival in the restaurant I had the audacity to stand in the wrong place and was ordered to move to the front of the restaurant, she then carried on her rude questioning about whether I was actually a guest, I eventually convinced her I was and that a colleague may be joining me " who will be paying for his breakfast ?" As he is a guest I would imagine I was covered in the B&B rate. I then left the restaurant to make a call and complained to the chap who was behind reception, he apologised and I gave up on breakfast

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sarin22,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. I apologise for the short comings in the service you received, and can assure you that we will be taking all required actions to rectify this issue.

Ian Bednall
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had a nice meal for a birthday celebration, the food was served piping hot and there was plenty of fresh veg, I had the roast beef it came with a huge Yorkshire pudding best one I've had anywhere,
The meal wasn't outstanding just a great Sunday roast. Not sure of the cost as we were invited guests . Service was good staff very friendly would like to try an evening meal at this venue in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here in Feb on a business trip, and was impessed with the exterior and the size. The hotel is truely beautiful and the rooms are an adequate size. I had a single room and the best could easily have fitted another person in. The staff were attentive and couldn't do enough for you, and were very helpful when it came to reccomending places to eat in the evenings. I had a great nights sleep as my room was very quiet. However, breakfast for both days was a massive let down. On the first day I had a full english which was cold and undercooked, except for my eggs which had hard yolks. This wouldn't have been a problem if everyone else at the table had perfect poached eggs. The next day I decided to play is safe with the poached eggs, seeing as they looked great the day before. Sadly, by the time my food came I was already running late and my eggs had once again been overcooked. The waitress seemed overwelmed by the amount of people that were in the dining room (even though we were all attending the same convention so surely it would have been obvious there would have been a lot of people there) and so I didn't think it worth sending my food back.
Overall, it was a lovely stay but I think I got pretty unlucky with my food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We went to Weston Hall for a family and friends evening meal. The restuarant is very plesent. The menu was full of choices and reasonably priced for a hotel.
I skipped the starter and had the pork loin wrapped in parma ham with black pudding and red cabbage. It was reasonable but I felt the pork was over done. My only gripe is that vegetables were extra.
My father in law had scallops to start, braised lamb and baileys bread and butter pudding. I am not sure where he put it all but he did.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I’ve never bothered to write a hotel review before but after our stay at Western Hall felt we had to let other people know what a great place to stay this hotel is
We have just finished staying at Western Hall for a couple of weeks and can strongly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the midlands
The thing that impressed us the most was the staff, right from the start of our stay they were so welcoming and thoughtful and couldn’t do enough to help us during our stay
Our room was spacious and very clean, the food was excellent and our 13 year old son definitely enjoyed ordering his own room service
Anybody wanting a nice friendly relaxing hotel with great service this is definitely the place to stay
Thanks again Ian and the rest of the staff
Ash & Vanessa

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ash205
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

i would just like to take this minute to thank all the staff and management at weston hall in bulkington for making our wedding day fantastic. they were so adaptable and flexable with us with even having to make changes at 7pm the night before.

the food was amazing in both the wedding breakfast and also the following morning breakfast.

Drinks were there ususal hotel price so no complaints really as all hotels seem to charge roughly the same.

bedrooms: well we had a lovely room (not sure it was a honeymoon suite or whatever its called) but nice all the same. as over 50 people stayed i have had a varied response to the rooms, most said they were lovely and just what was need however there were a few that stated they only had a small double bed or the shower was not attached to the wall.

overall a fantastic hotel and staff that are a credit to the best western brand

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bulkington
Millers Hotel
Macdonald Ansty Hall
#5 of 39 in Coventry
Mercure Brandon Hall Hotel and Spa Warwickshire
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa

Been to Best Western Weston Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!