“Overall a good experience.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Weston Hall Hotel

BEST WESTERN Weston Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bulkington
Hampshire
“Overall a good experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay at the Weston Hall Hotel in Bulkington.
Hotel set in lovely grounds in a quiet residential area next to a local church.
Beautiful old building dating way back the history of which is well described in the room directory.
The service in the dining room at breakfast was excellent the staff really go the extra mile
The variety offered at breakfast was brilliant.
We were on a deal as were probably most of the other weekend guests so for value for money it was brilliant.
Would we stay there again probably unlikely as really the immediate area is not great. The room was adequate but the view across back of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired.
Although the local area is pretty urban, there are some nice places not too far away by car The reception can advise
Would imagine the hotel is used by business travellers and by local companies for meetings and conferences as the facilities for the latter are very good.
Also weekend theme nights with entertainment look like good value for money.
New year is a definite bargain, look at the website.

Room Tip: You would need a room overlooking the garden, presume these would be premium as those at the back h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ian B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Weston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear JETHampshire,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your short break with us. Thank you for your kind comments

Ian Bednall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked this with a KGB deal. The room was cosy, but very tired and cluttered with too much furniture. The hotel has no night staff patrolling and as a result a very rowdy crowd who were getting married and there guests made far too much noise running through the corridors slamming doors obviously drunk. Very selfish behaviour as we were woken up many times.

We went down to breakfast at 9.40 and were told to hurry up and order our breakfast by a young girl saying they stop cooking at 10! Our room wasnt cleaned when we were there at all, and we had to ask three times for coffee and tea.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juleslady
Ian B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Weston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear juleslady,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I will be looking into the points raised in your review and assure you that where possible improvements will be made. I hope that you may consider staying with us in the future allowing us to give you the service and standards we would have expected you to have received.

Siobhan Marie
Deputy General Manager
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I didn't stay at the hotel although some family members did and found the room quality poor with showers which didn't work etc. We only attended a large family reception in the Manor Suite. You couldn't fault the location or the car parking provision but the bar prices were eye wateringly high and the bar staff were miserable and inefficient. One clever soul found the normal hotel bar and the rest of us abandoned the function room offering and trooped off to pay 20% less and get served by a friendly barman who was right on the money. I felt particularly cross as our hosts must have paid a fortune to hire the venue and it seems rather mean of the hotel to then hike the bar prices. Weston Hall needs to pull its socks up.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ian B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Weston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Zut_Alors,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review, we are disappointed that you found the Function Bar Lacking, however I can assure you that the prices are standard within the hotel and are not increased on any Function Bar, I can assure you that I will be talking to my staff and where neccesary implementing the required re training , The issue regards the showers is at present a work in progress and we hope to have the work completed soon.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed 3 nights whilst attending a course in Bedworth.
Smooth check-in via Hotels.com. Comfortable room & bed, TV, tea & coffee facilities. Nice shower & clean bathroom. Choice of fruit & cereal breakfasts followed by a piping-hot full English. I didn't have evening meals or use the bar.
Large car park 10 minutes drive from central Bedworth & 5 minutes from the station.
A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your evening. We look forward to welcoming you back next year .

dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I did not stay at this hotel but I did have a brilliant evening attending the snooker legends event in May.
The staff were fantastic and if there were any small issues they were dealt with in a manner that customer satisfaction was paramount. I refer in particular to the treatment I received from Ian when I had been omitted from the seating plan for dinner. As I was beginning to get irate at the reception desk, Ian listended took me aside in a very warm amicable manner and spoke to me at length about many things including who I was, where I had come from to attend the event, took a real interest in me as the customer etc, , I have been to Vegas many times and stayed in all grades of hotels as I have a players card have received some great treatment from the hotels BUT what I experienced that day with Ian was the ultimate in Customer relations and later on that night as luck would have it I got to sit right beside Stephen Hendry for dinner. I would like to thank Ian for one of the best days/nights of my life and I will be back next year

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Somerzet
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Two separate visits, totaling 3 nights so far this month. Many more to come early October. I could only find one fault in the two rooms I stayed in, and so it would be unfair to mention what would be a minor problem.
This is a place I would not hesitate to recommend. I also think that it is the staff that have made my time so far enjoyable. I cannot remember the names of the 2 lads on reception but they make a great first impression and deal with anything without any fuss, (you will get the key back). Outstanding is the older Michelle in the restaurant, and the young one does well too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ian B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Weston Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Somerzetvisitor,

thank you for your kind review, we are very pleased you have enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to seeing you in the future

yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the Weston Hall Hotel on Thursday and Friday night on a KGB deal. Upon arrival first impressions were good, a nice large car park to the from of the impressive floodlit fascade with plenty of room to park. Set in nice landscaped gardens. We checked in and were given our room keys and told where our room was on the second floor. We went to the room and first impressions was ok, it was clean and everything worked, apart from the spa bath. We decided to eat in the restaurant our KGB deal entitled us to a free bottle of wine if 2 people ate. We decided on the 2 course £17-50 a head menu and enquired about the complimentary wine. We decided to order 2 starters, 2 main courses and 2 sweest . Portions were good, and the meal was good.The Waitress was very helpful and engaged us in conversation providing us both with plenty of local knowledge. After a good nights sleep the next morning we went to breakfast, it's a help yourself to cereals pastries etc whilst the waitress takes your order for hot food, tea/coffee and breakfast. This is a much better system than having stuff in a hotplate that can get dry or overcooked, you get a freshly cooked breakfast,once again good service and helpful travel tips from the waitress. Others have commented on the drinks prices and whilst they're not pub prices they were certainly not as high as some Hotels I've stayed in about £5-50 for a large wine and about £4.50 for a pint of Guinness. The sheets werecotton with a nice duvet. All in all for the money we paid and the deal with the complimentary wine and the quality of the food and room we feel we have had good value for money. The Staff were always pleasant and helpful, even at busy times. I shall certainlyuse this Hotel again, well done...........

Room Tip: 2 Night Stay Weston Hall Hotel” We had an attic room, provided your heart is up for it, well...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear macca542,

thank you for leaving us a review, we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Ian Bednall
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bulkington
Premier Inn Nuneaton/Coventry Hotel
Macdonald Ansty Hall
#5 of 39 in Coventry
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,215 reviews
Jurys Inn Hinckley Island

Been to BEST WESTERN Weston Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!