“Dads 80th Birthday Party”

Best Western Weston Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bulkington
Bucks
“Dads 80th Birthday Party”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

A perfect setting for Dads surprise Party. The hotel staff were excellent, nothing was too much trouble. The service was excellent and the preparation and attention to detail was fantasic. A lovely day was had by all. Congratulations to the staff for making the day a special event.
Now for the review:-
Positives
A very charming old country house character hotel.
Good Location, quite country setting
Excellent staff
Excellent service
Clean Rooms full of character
Excellent Full English Breakfast and good food
Organisational ability of staff could not be faulted.
Relaxing
Nice ambience in the Bar, dining rooms and sitting room.
Value for money
Excellent Parking
Negatives:
Hotel requires a tasteful refurb in keeping with th character of the hotel.
Summary
Will be back again. Keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Meanwell2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Belfast
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed here for a night recently for business. Selected it after reading the Tripadvisor reviews. An old building, impressive from the outside but if the room I had was anything to go by, badly in need of refurbishment inside. I was checked in by a dour and unfrinedly individual at reception.

I had a single room - clean enough but very old-fashioned furnishings, The bathroom was very small, had a linoleum floor and a tiny plastic shower head in a fixed position over a bath - as basic as you can get! The TV in my room wasn't viewable from the bed as it was half-hidden behind a wardrobe. The reception (on Freeview) was screwed up on every channel. It was fixed after I complained at reception but had reverted back by the following morning.

There was free wifi in the hotel lounge area, which was great, friendly service at the bar, and I had a fabulous fillet steak, cooked to perfection, also served in the bar. I did check out the restaurant before ordering in the bar, but it was straight out of Fawlty Towers in terms of decor and layout. I couldn't avoid it however for breakfast. I had high hopes for the food, given my steak the previous evening and the positive reviews here, but it was probably the worst cooked breakfast I have ever had. Everything was overdone. The mushrooms were dry and frazzled, the bacon thick and chewy, the eggs hard. I could hardly start it, never mind finish it. I'm still not sure why I didn't complain at the time. It's the first time that I have had a bowl of cereal after a cooked breakfast. Oh yes, the coffee was vile also.

Very disappointing overall. I expect to be back in this area for business but I will be seeking alternative accommodation.

Dinner was a perfectly reasonable mushroom stroganoff. The standard was much as for the rooms - adequate.

Service was good throughout. Breakfast was good too efficient and friendly.

Would I recommend this place ? Yes, for business purposes only.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
UK
Reviewed July 18, 2011

If you are looking for the perfect venue for a party or wedding , this is it. Nothing, nothing is too much trouble, their only concern is that you get exactly what you want and pull out all the stops ot ensure that you do.
The dedication of Siobhan and her staff , the ever present Sam was just perfect,
The hotel goes back to the 17th centuary with victorian additions, the ambience is wonderful there has been a lot of TLC there.
The downside, sorry, the bedrooms whilst being immaculately clean are a little outdated and some are very strange shapes, but remember this is a very old building, they are perfectly adequate. The hotel is more than worthy of its 3 stars

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Midlands
Reviewed July 11, 2011

It took us a long time to choose our wedding venue but Weston Hall proved to be a brilliant choice. In the preparations nothing was too much and the lovely Siobhan made us feel totally at ease and confident that our day would run smoothly. It did, the assistance with set up, looking after guests and Sam & Siobhans help throughout the day was faultless.
All guests commented on the beautiful venue, the helpful staff and the friendly atmosphere.
We would recommend this to anybody looking for an intimate wedding or a family celebration - it's amazing value for money - well worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Selsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I have the pleasure to stating at the Weston Hall for a night every 3 months or so for a meeting. Generally in summer I find the hotel fine but in winter the rooms can be very cold, especially those on the top floor of then main building. Make sure you get them to give you a fan heater! The food is okay but nothing special. The menu does not appear to change on a regular basis with only 1 change in the 3 years I've been there.
The staff are all very good and do their best to make your stay a pleasure.
All in all, for the price its a fine place to stay overnight but I wouldn't like to spend more than a day here at a time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Corsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Very different from the usual hotel chains, making a refreshing change. Room and bathroom very clean, Good service in restaurant. Would have liked to see slightly dimmer light in the restaurant in the evening, it was too bright to be relaxing, but the food and wine was excellent quality, as was breakfast (albeit you pay for the quality).

One other thing I'd change is the smell of the corridors, which was too strong for my liking, however this didn't affect the bedroom. I'd like to come back on a sunny day to enjoy the grounds, they weren't at their best in early March.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank spc1
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My husband and I arrived for our one night stay well after midnight and were let in promptly by the night porter. We were in room 36 which was a corner room - lovely views on both sides. The room was very spacious and full of character! The very old fashioned wall paper and carpet combined with the beautiful dark wood furniture was certainly very charming, if a little dated! The mattress and bedding were the only things we felt could do with updating- the mattress  was very unstable! There was plenty of hanging space, a kettle, iron, hair dryer and electric heater (which we needed to use when we arrived). The bathroom was also slightly dated but still lovely- large with a big spa bath.

We thought the hotel was lovely - beautiful from the outside and full of character inside. The only facilities we used was the restaurant for breakfast- we were the only ones there,were served promptly and were very happy with the food. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Alcollondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bulkington
Millers Hotel
Macdonald Ansty Hall
#5 of 39 in Coventry
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
Jurys Inn Hinckley Island

Been to Best Western Weston Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!