“fantastic diving with fantastic people”

Divers Paradise Komodo
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic diving with fantastic people”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

we booked first for only day to try but diving and dive staff were so great we couldn't resist to book anther day which was even better....
unfortunalety we couldn"t stay any longer and had to fly out the next day.
everything was well prepared from transport to equipment to meals and snacks. Staff was very helpful with so much knowledge and kindness.even when we left our own equipment overnight it was washed and maintained the next morning ready to go. I found this very impressive...

so I'm looking forward to come back to experience the other dive sites

Jonah Weilandt September 2013

Visited September 2013
1 Thank jonah w

Innsbruck, Austria
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“great diving, great dive instructors”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

saw amazing marine life guided by Wolfgang and his experienced dive instructors.
i spent there two vacations in the last three years and was always astonished by the service you get for a good price.
marine life is extraordinary and the crew finds great divespots, where not many other boats are ankered. i enjoyed it a lot!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank bezi f
Genoa, Italy
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“2 DAYS DIVING - ONE VERY GOOD, ONE VERY, VERY BAD.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was in Labuanbajo at the beginning of September 2013, and this is what happened to me - just the facts, no other considerations or comments.
I booked 6 dives in 2 following days, 11 and 12 September.
I pointed out I wanted to dive in Castle rock, Manta point and Crystal rock, but on the diving days I found out that Castle rock, my first choice, was not included in my booked dives. Anyway I don't know all the dive sites in Komodo Park, so in spite of my request and the indications I got from other divers I could assume that the other sites were supposed to be as good as good as my choice.
The first day we were 6 divers with 3 divemasters on the boat, and everything was really very good: good boat crew and divemasters, good food, nice boat... everybody was very satisfied with it all.

The second day things went on quite differently. On the boat we were 10 divers and 3 divemasters. The first dive went on as scheduled and it was excellent.
At the time of the second dive we found out that there were not enough air tanks on the boat, and the compressor didn't work properly: every refill took hours... so about 2/3 of the divers went in for the second dive with about 1 hour of delay, and they reported that their second dive was excellent (but one of the divers complained that his air pressure gauge was not working).
I, with 2 other divers, had to wait 3 more hours to have the tanks refilled, so we were ready about 4 hours late for the second dive. Of course the current and tides conditions were totally changed, and diving in the scheduled site was no longer possible, so the divemasted decided to move to a different site nearby.
We went in for our second dive which was totally awful. The most boring and dull dive of my holiday, only dead coral and no fish. A waste of 50 minutes of air.
Nobody did the third dive: it was canceled because there was no tanks ready and refilled on board, and anyway it was too late already.
Everybody on board was at least quite disappointed, I was mad about it. so as soon as we got back to Labuanbajo, hours late, I headed back to DiversParadise office to make my remarks. The manager of the center affirmed that it was not his fault if the boat crew didn't get the tanks ready as they were supposed to(...??? whose responsibility is then?) but promptly refunded, at least to me, the third dive which was canceled.
Anyway it was my last day in Labuanbajo, so in spite of the refund I didn't have any other chance to make up for the missed dive and for the one messed up by the lack of organization and working gear. And of course I didn't dive in Castle Rock, which was what I really wanted to do.
Afterwards I heard that such - and others - problems are not uncommon with this dive center, but this is something I just have been told - anyway it seems to confirm my direct experience.
If I ever get back to Labuanbajo, for sure will choose a different place for my dives.
The 2 stars in the review are due to the very good first diving day and to the prompt refund - at least - of the canceled dive.

Visited September 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not professional”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I took 2 four days livaboard on september 2012. I cannot explain everything that had happened during that dive days, but there were so many irregularities, i wanted to leave the boat, which i was not allowed by the owner Wolfgang. What was most consirning at that time was the fact, it was way feeling unsafe. During full moon the currents were very rough, but wolfgang filled the boat with different quality divers, most of them being divers with less than 10 dives, and at one time one open water and even a discover diver. We had problems finding sites, because people could not follow, at one point one girl was blown away 2 km under water to the next island. Everything put together it was a trip that could turn into disaster, and i really questioned weather i still want to dive. When i wanted to meet with Wolfgang afterwards, he was hiding and didn't want to come out.

I give gratitude to the amazing stuff that were with us, especially the captain. They were working in impossible condisions (on the last night the captain went with a dixie into labuan bajo to fill the tanks, because our compressor stopped working, which took him the whole night) and still trying so hard to make us feel well.

But lack of organisation and safe sound health of manegment, makes this company a questionable or even dangerous decision when diving amazing Komodo island.

I am a Deep D, with 100 dives.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Kristijan G
Dortmund, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The liveaboard of horror”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

professional instructor for 10 years and diving all over the world the experience with diversparadisekomodo especially with the owner Wolfgang tops everything ever happens to me. Booking the liveaboard in advance with 4 dives/day we had only two dives a day and had to break up after three days because Wolfgang had not pay his debts to the ship owners. We went to the police and hoping now that we get our money back. Wolfgang was not avaiable, we did not see him again back in Labaun Bajo. Don't go there. In LBJ are many really good diving center. Avoid diversparadisekomodo and Wolfgang.

Visited August 2013