Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Last minute change brought the best possible outcome!

My husband and I had a big dive trip organised months ago through a third party liveaboard company... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2020
busy_bee_beth
via mobile
Fantastic Livaboard

I was 4d/3n on the Livaboard og Wicked Diving. Had a wonderful time that I won't forget. The whole... read more

Reviewed December 16, 2019
Cittadella5
Wetzikon, Switzerland

Recommended experiences in and around Flores
from $698.20
from $139.83
from $618.99
from $679.89
More Info
All reviews trip leader great marine life manta rays running smoothly cool stuff great company diving komodo incredible trip experienced divers these guys food was great strong currents cuttlefish boat crew night dive thank you so much recommend this trip
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely awesome awesome AWESOME dive centre. There is literally nothing in 4 days I could complain about! Even when the weather wasn't playing nicely they made a plan and we dived a protected area. When it got even worse to the point that getting on and off the small boats would have been suicidal.... no problems, find a sheltered spot and let's play card games and dice. The diving was absolutely insane, the food mind blowing (even disregarding the tiny kitchen that it all comes out of!), and the boat and dive crew... hands down the most amazing group of people I've been around. Thanks so so so much for everything, I will be back!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank DaleW1413
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I own and operated dive boats and shops, so have a good idea of what makes these work and what does not.
Wicked diving did an excellent job of making this 4d/3n liveaboard work.
From the initial emails, to disembarking from the boat, it was easy and hassle free.
Initially our trip was cancelled due to volcanic activity in Bali, so we were offered to re-schedule our trip, it would have been easy to play the "act of God, no refund" card, but Wicked were very fair.
The boat is simple, but that is not hidden from you and from the beginning, you know what you are getting.
Anne and Aji kept things running smoothly onboard and briefing were good and schedules were stuck to.
Food was excellent and all round, the staff/crew excelled.
We had a small detour at the end, to see the Dragons and instead of it becoming a problem, Anne and the office handled it with ease.

Wicked is not a luxury operation, but if you want good company. great service and the best diving Komodo can offer, go straight to WICKED DIVING, you won't be sorry.

2  Thank dinop315
Reviewed July 31, 2018

We dived with wicked diving and had a good experience overall. My buddy and I did the 4D, 3 nights liveaboard in July. The divemasters were professional, the food good and the staff friendly and helpful and did everything they could to make the trip a good one. However it was an eventful trip. There was a mix up with our bags going on another boat at the start. We got them back. On one of the dives, due to the strong current, I lost my dive master and buddy but the dive master came and found me quite quickly. On the last day of the trip, a small fire broke out in one of the cabins (think it was an compressor overheating). To be fair, the staff acted quickly and put it out. But it’s worrying the fire happened in the first place.. The cabin we stayed in was next to the engine rooms and there were fumes. Also the air conditioner was shared between 2 cabins which made it a bit tricky to keep everyone happy on the temperature. For some reason too, the air con didn’t work too well at night. The boat felt a bit overcrowded. Having said all that, we had a good time, the coral reefs in Komodo were the best I have seen but there were fewer big fish compared to other places I've dived, like Palau

Date of experience: July 2018
WickedDiving, Owner at Wicked Diving, Komodo, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

We are always glad to hear feedback and this review was among the ones that really hit us right where it counts - our heart!

As you saw, our staff, crew and admin team all work hard to assure that each guest has a safe and enjoyable trip.

Our apologies to you and all the guests on that trip! You are correct - it was truly worrying that a fire occurred at all! In running operations like ours, and with wooden boats - that is one of our biggest fears. And this eventful trip was one of the biggest factors in our decision to change what we offer and how we operate.

Wicked Diving Komodo had been working with our local partner to operate this liveaboard for the past year. However, with the limited space and conditions on the boat (especially the safety issues) - we decided to buy and refurbish a new boat. It launches on September 1st, with 35% more space, larger cabins and a massive sundeck. Of course it also is completely overhauled and redone! It also allows more space for privacy and quiet time. Each cabin has its own air-con unit, and now hot water showers in each bathroom as well ;) We are certain that if you return, this will be a welcome development. Safety is a key part of this change and we have done our utmost to avoid any situations like you experienced (including insulation throughout and fire alarms in engine room).

You, and all our guests and staff, should never encounter a situation that puts one at risk while diving. This was not the way to end your adventure with us. With our changes and new boat, we believe it will never happen again.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

The Komodo region is fabulous for diving, but for your safety you need to have good equipments. I have over 50 dives around Asia and the equipment of Jaya/Scuba Republic was the poorest I encountered and the dive masters cared more about the money than client safety. We tried on brand new equipment, but on the boat we received old equipment. My regulator gauge did not work and stopped at 170 bar, another guest's regulator lost air and her BCD jacket did not have working quick air release toggles. My son is only allowed to dive to 12 meters which we mentioned, but on his second dive he showed 24 meters on this dive computer. During our night dive we received a torch that was out of battery after 5 minutes and the spare torch we received under water was also not working after a few minutes. For me diving is all about safety and the dive masters need to adhere to the dive rules and make sure the equipment is without fail. While something can always happen, we experienced serial failure. The crew was overall friendly and helpful, I would have preferred a better management aboard. The food was ok. The dive sites terrific. I would definitely choose another boat in the future. I received very positive recommendations for Caligula Jack or La Galigo.

Date of experience: July 2018
WickedDiving, Owner at Wicked Diving, Komodo, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for posting a succinct review of your experience.

Please note that this is posted on the wrong company page. As you mentioned you booked with Scuba Republic (Another company) and on their boat (The Jaya is owned and operated by another company).

We do our utmost to offer the best service and safety on all our trips and hope that you would consider returning to join our Liveaboard and pass along recommendations then?

Reviewed July 29, 2018

After visiting here twice previously, I had no choice but to return - I LOVE it that much!

I did 2 wicked liveaboards in less than a month. The first was with my boyfriend, a relatively new diver (open water) on his first liveaboard - Fantastic! our guide was Sauvri who was knowledgeable and made us feel safe and comfortable in the water.

The second was with my friend, another seasoned diver, and our guide this time was Fauji, we met Fauji several years before (also on the Wicked liveaboard), and it was amazing to see how he'd changed in the time in between, his confidence has grown tremendously, and with good reason - amazing work Fauji :)

The food, company, diving, accomodation, everything was fantastic! Thank you again and again

Date of experience: August 2017