Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Last minute change brought the best possible outcome!

My husband and I had a big dive trip organised months ago through a third party liveaboard company... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2020
busy_bee_beth
via mobile
Fantastic Livaboard

I was 4d/3n on the Livaboard og Wicked Diving. Had a wonderful time that I won't forget. The whole... read more

Reviewed December 16, 2019
Cittadella5
Wetzikon, Switzerland

Recommended experiences in and around Flores
from $695.19
from $139.23
from $616.32
from $676.96
More Info
All reviews trip leader great marine life manta rays running smoothly cool stuff great company diving komodo incredible trip experienced divers these guys food was great strong currents cuttlefish boat crew thank you so much night dive recommend this trip
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2014

This is my second trip with Wicked. I chose Wicked because of the company’s commitment to the local community and ecosystem – Wicked practices what it preaches, from organizing beach cleanups to providing biodegradable shower products, and having various recycling and compost bins on board.

Mariel was very quick to respond to our booking enquiries, and were kind enough to hold our spot while we sorted out payment (I found a way around the additional 2% bank charge – all you need is a Hong Kong bank account. Have a friend in Hong Kong? Call them up for this favor).
Also, the returning customer discount? Wicked.

I chose a bigger school because I wanted more dive options. Diving experience of the fourteen customers on board ranged from students taking their AOW on board, to instructors with five thousand dives.

Now, currents at Komodo range from little to crazy crazy, meaning there is something to suit everybody.
With divers split into groups of four, everyone is placed in a group of similar skill set - less confident divers are taken to the sheltered parts of the reef, while those with a higher tolerance can experience crazier stuff. Even then, safety is always number one.

I felt very safe in the water – Martyn, our guide, gave us the room we needed to explore, but seemed to know instinctively when to swim over and lend a hand (Yan got distracted by a manta and ended up at the wrong side of the Shotgun. Tsk.)

The guides are constantly adapting the dive plan if he/she deems conditions too dangerous.
It’s amazing being in the water and watching Martyn suddenly drop down, and three seconds later, we get hit by a crazy current … how does he know it’s coming?!?

The briefings on board are very, very thorough. All the guides took turns speaking – the briefing is summarized and repeated if English were not the guides’ strongest suit. Each group’s dive plan is repeated again, while we kit up. Most importantly, the guides are genuinely excited about diving. You can literally feel the excitement spreading, so by the time we gear up, the prospect of entering chilly waters seems almost tolerable.

Finally – I appreciated that Wicked helped clean my gear at the end of the trip. By the time Jaya docked in Labuan Bajo, everything was almost dry. It was really nice to not have to fly with wet gear.

If you have the choice and means, go with the 7D/6N option.
4 days is simply not enough diving days. If you have travelled all this distance to Labuan Bajo (the magnificent pearl of the orient), you might as well make it worth your while and have an additional 9 dives in the water.

I’ll end this review with a haiku:

Diving with Wicked
Fighting currents and whirlpools
I still feel landsick

1  Thank svaneswan
Reviewed October 9, 2014

Did 2 3 tank dives with them, Unfortunatelly we were too Late for a life aboard
New boat, New Equipment, very friendly staff, Locals and ex-pats (enjoy your Beer Tom!) with Great respect for the Marine Environment, Eco friendly diving with max 4 People per Guide
If we Return to labuan bajo we'll surley dive with wicked diving again!

Reviewed October 1, 2014

I don't do reviews on Tripadvisor, but I just have to share this experience with you!

If you are planning on going diving on Komodo, go with Wicked. Seriously.

Not only are they very professional, have a great staff who makes sure that everyone is having a good time, serve great food, and knows how to dive safe though still challenging the divers based on their level, they also gave me this experience:

I booked a 4 days live aboard with them, but unfortunately they made a mistake and overbooked my boat. Instead they offered me a space on Jaya, a more expensive boat. To me is was no big deal, but they offered me the upgrate for free – AND paid an extra day of fundives (daytrip) for free as a compensation (like the upgrate was not enough?). On top they arranged a private boat to pick me up on the last day from Jaya to take me see the Dragons. For free. Just me. They take ‘good service’ to a whole new level. Thank you. And by the way, the diving is awesome!

Reviewed September 30, 2014

Just completed two seperate days diving with Wicked Diving on their daily boat trips. Different guides and instructors on each day and all professional, responsible and fun to be with. Always good briefings which made you feel confident before the dive. Did my open water with them last year so didn't hesitate in coming back again for more dives this year.

Reviewed September 27, 2014

We had planned a 2n/3d diving trip with them, but had and excellent time and extended another night. The dive instructors here are incredible, and the dive prep was fantastic with a custom drawn plan/map for the dive site and a good briefing on what to expect and look for. Our dive master (Pit) did a fanatic job and is incredible friendly. Highly recommend!
The boat was basic for living, but it does the job since your there to dive and you will do a lot of it. The food they make is some of the best we had in our 1 month in Indonesia!