Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

via mobile
Trip of a lifetime

Mike S
Kankakee, Illinois

All reviews card games trip leader manta rays marine life awesome dives these guys safety procedures food was great dive deck great company days nights strong currents single dive experienced divers night dive an amazing trip feel comfortable
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I went with wicked diving on the 4 day 3 night liveabord in the komodo national park and it was amazing!! We were only a group of 4 (me and 4 americans with a looot of dive experience). First i was not like „well i hoped for more people“ but it was probably the best what could happen to us. Our dive instructors (aji and mersi) were amazing, we really had a good time! The crew always cooked us amazing food and nice snacks, the boat was clean (as clean as it can be on a dive boat) and as the rooms are airconditioned also good for a cool sleep. The dive site it fascinating, very healthy and also not much plastic polluted (wicked diving also does it‘s bit with the „ethical diving“ and always picked up rubbish when seen underwater. Can completely recommend this trip - also for solotravellers, even if you were alone on the boat you would have a great time with this awesome crew!

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have always wanted to go on a liveaboard dive boat, and at the age of 67 I finally did it. It was everything and more that I had hoped for. The staff, instructors, food were all fantastic. The diving was incredible. I have never seen so much fish, and beautiful coral. I was not familiar with drift diving, and had to adjust to that, but was soooo much fun

Reviewed 1 week ago

I had a great trip with Wicked. I didn’t dive as my friend wasn’t certified so we joined the live aboard as a snorkel team and had a great time. They accommodated for us to go to safe and awesome sites. Our guide, Engle, was great and always on the lookout for creatures. We were able to see whales, mantas, turtles, sharks and so many fish!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I did a liveaboard and it was an amazing trip! I loved the diving - though you should have some skill as the currents are no joke!

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I did four days/3 nights live board with wicked. The locals dive master and instructors were lovely, fun and make us feel safe at all time while diving. The equipments are in good condition. We would have like a little more confort on the boat but I guess it's a cheap liveaboard (we paid 7 million per person) so don't expect a deluxe room. Overall it was a good trip with a lot of diving!

At the end of the trip, there was an other wicked boat who offered a trip to rinca island to see the dragon. We thought that we better do it as we already were near the island. They charged 50$ for this trip of a few hours where we just did a walk on rinca with a very small lunch. I think that was over priced.

1  Thank Maya974
WickedDiving, Owner at Wicked Diving, Komodo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for the post!

It's great to hear that our team was safe, experienced and made the trip even better (the diving is pretty good too ;)

It's true, we do not operate a luxury boat! We focus more on the guest experience, the safety and fun times. In addition we also operate a non-profit training center to develop the local community to become snorkel and dive guides. And you were diving with many of our graduates. If you dived since September 1st we also brought online our new boat. Again, not a luxury vessel, but with far more room.

As for the dragon walk, it is very much appreciated on the price feedback. We will take that into consideration for the rest of 2018. In 2019, we will be including the dragon trekking on all trips and there will be no additional fees (beyond the local park fees over which we have no control).

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Generally speaking, it was amazing. The dives sites are wonderful, probably the best ones we saw until today.
They just changed the boat for a new one so the premices are clean (even though toilets are a bit smelly, but hey that's toilets). The staff is super cool and they're all relatively comfortable in English to communicate. The equipment is good, no peculiar issue. For the food, it's generous, diverse with options for people not eating meat, gluten, milk, etc...
While keeping in mind that this liveaboard is the one of the, if not the leas expensive on labuan bajo.
The only room for improvement I could raise is about safety. In some spots in the zone, there are very strong currents. When diving with 3 other people for 1 divemaster, it's not unusual to get separated from the group leading to two sub groups more complex to handle for the divemaster. All in one, we didn't feel unsafe during the dives but could be good to reinforce the divemaster number for some specific dives.

1  Thank Peyo75

One step from heaven? hmm...that does sound appealing indeed. We are glad you enjoyed it.

It's also a great source of pride that you enjoyed the staff. That is the true heart of our operations and of course what the real face of the company is. And very glad for the feedback on the food, full bellies, great diving and friendly staff.

For sure the smells were a bother to all of us. With a new boat, we found that some systems didn't work as well as wee planned (see what I did there!). Since your visit we have added ventilation, a new cleaning schedule and sealant. And we have quietly advised some of the men to aim better :P

For sure safety is essential in a location like Komodo. We do try to work with the dive groups to make sure there are no "sub-groups" but it's not always possible. Depending on the journey, we may even change groups to best assure safety. But for sure, we try our best.

thanks for all the feedback and hope you can join us again.

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

I have been on a liveaboard with Wicked (4D/3N). The dive guides are awesome (hail to Aji!) and the entire crew is friendly and helpful. Diving in Komodo is a wonderful experience and the liveaboard is probably the best way to get the most out of it. The boat we were on was a little bit overcrowded and the program was only focused on diving. It would have been nice to have a couple of stops on few beaches, just to break the routine. Plenty of excellent food. Good value for money. The boat needs renovation.

1  Thank twotimeslazyman
WickedDiving, Owner at Wicked Diving, Komodo, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2018

Thank you for the review and your feedback is truly appreciated!

In fact, your comments, and several below led us to make some serious decisions regarding our boat. Wicked Diving Komodo had been working with our local partner to operate this liveaboard for the past year. However, with the limited space and conditions on the boat(as you mentioned) - we decided to buy and refurbish a boat. It launches on September 1st, with 35% more space, larger cabins and a massive sundeck. Of course it also is completely overhauled and completely redone! It also allows more space for privacy and quiet time. We are certain that if you return, this will be a welcome development.

We agree on more beach time! We normally do stop more and enjoy the scenery of the amazing Komodo Park. However, there were some irresponsible people about two months ago who went ashore on one of the islands and started a fire that burnt nearly all the flora! Since then all beach visits have been severely limited (for good reason!) We are trying to find ways to modify the schedule to include more "terrestrial time".

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I came to Wicked Diving for my dive master course, and it did not disappoint to say the least! My instructor was very experienced and had a ton of interesting stories, knowledge and connections to give me a head start in the diving community. Also the community involvement and ethical and sustainable operations for which I chose Wicked are not just a marketing thing, but rather a basis principle in the operation. During our course we for example got to take locals on discover scubadiving trips, free of charge for them, and we did multiple cleanups on beaches and in the harbour.
Over the course of 6 weeks my two fellows and I did almost 70 dives in and around the Komodo National Park, meaning we saw amazing wildlife such as many sharks, huge manta rays and schools of fish reaching further than the eye can see, even with the crystal clear waters! The course even included two 4D/3N live aboards with a Komodo Dragon tour!
Throughout the course Wicked organized accommodation in hostel La Boheme Bajo, which is great too! The food is really delicious and diverse, the manager very friendly and willing to help us out with many things over the 9 weeks, and from the hostel different activities are organized, as well as transportation services. The only thing is that it's situated between two mosks, which in itself is not an issue, except the fact that the calls to prayer are very loud and from 4:30 in the morning, 5 times as day... However the town is home to many mosks so except if you're staying way up on the hills and out of town, this will be similar wherever you sleep.
The town of Labuan Bajo is still very much developing, but it has all the amenities for a long term stay. There are plenty of food options for both local and western cuisine, and souvenir shops and supermarkets are never far away.

All in all I had an amazing experience and I would definitely recommend Wicked Diving for anyone a bit adventurous and serious about turning their passion into a carreer!

2  Thank coengelmers

Thank you for the feedback on your Komodo Divemaster Course. It's great to hear the details.

Thanks for mentioning the local community programs. We actually have our own non-profit and 2% of all revenue goes to this program. not just clean-ups or outreach, but in training and internships. and for the Komodo Divemaster program, it's actually 10% of the course is directly dedicated to this program. We are all very proud of the program, the graduates, the changes we have made in the community and of course in the ways our guests experience the results of their contributions.

And yes, Labuan Bajo is a diverse and developing location. With a mix of many cultures, Manggarai , Bugis, Javanese, Komodo and even a few foreigners. There are several mosques in town (and on the islands) and it does make a startling wake up call at first. Eventually we find it charming and a constant reminder that this is a very different land than the ones our guests come from.

We do invite you back to join us on future trips and expeditions. And for sure, all of us thank you for choosing Wicked Diving Komodo for your divemaster program and supporting our local training program.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely awesome awesome AWESOME dive centre. There is literally nothing in 4 days I could complain about! Even when the weather wasn't playing nicely they made a plan and we dived a protected area. When it got even worse to the point that getting on and off the small boats would have been suicidal.... no problems, find a sheltered spot and let's play card games and dice. The diving was absolutely insane, the food mind blowing (even disregarding the tiny kitchen that it all comes out of!), and the boat and dive crew... hands down the most amazing group of people I've been around. Thanks so so so much for everything, I will be back!

1  Thank DaleW1413
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I own and operated dive boats and shops, so have a good idea of what makes these work and what does not.
Wicked diving did an excellent job of making this 4d/3n liveaboard work.
From the initial emails, to disembarking from the boat, it was easy and hassle free.
Initially our trip was cancelled due to volcanic activity in Bali, so we were offered to re-schedule our trip, it would have been easy to play the "act of God, no refund" card, but Wicked were very fair.
The boat is simple, but that is not hidden from you and from the beginning, you know what you are getting.
Anne and Aji kept things running smoothly onboard and briefing were good and schedules were stuck to.
Food was excellent and all round, the staff/crew excelled.
We had a small detour at the end, to see the Dragons and instead of it becoming a problem, Anne and the office handled it with ease.

Wicked is not a luxury operation, but if you want good company. great service and the best diving Komodo can offer, go straight to WICKED DIVING, you won't be sorry.

2  Thank Dino P