“Great Food & Atmosphere”
Review of The Lounge Restaurant - CLOSED

The Lounge Restaurant
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Lounge is situated on the main street of Labuan Bajo. It offers great views over the harbour stretching to many Islands, a sunset favourite! It's a great meeting place with very friendly staff and a great atmosphere! We offer a range of cuisine and drinks. Free Wifi, shisha pipes and relaxing sofa cushions makes the lounge a great place to hangout we also have Live entertainment including traditonal Manggarai dance & Local acoustic bands.
Chicago
“Great Food & Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Had many visits to Lounge while in Labuan Bajo and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere (great art/design), the staff (super friendly) and the food/drinks (the burgers are solid and the sodas are super refreshing on hot days). It is just such a comfortable and hip place to hang out with good value in the prices and really well executed service (always with a smile). The owner is super friendly and will do whatever he can to make sure you have a great experience. Also, fast wifi, definitely a plus! Labuan Bajo is still a bit of a quit town but Lounge will continue to be a "must go" even as more restaurants/bars open and the town expands (the growth is really inevitable).

Visited January 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
“Great food”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The food here was excellent. I only downgraded to a 'very good' because of the cocktails. Specifically the arak cocktails... they were pretty bad. We had the pizza and it was really good. It even had real pepperoni. The lounge seats were great and I really liked the lighting, it created a lot of atmosphere.

Visited December 2012
Stockholm, Sverige
“Best place to chill in Labuan Bajo!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

When coming to Labuan Bajo we asked the taxi driver to take us to a place with wi-fi and he drove us to The Lounge. We simply loved it - a wonderful relaxing atmosphere and a stunning view over the ocean. After coming back from our liveaboard trip around Komodo we stayed another few days in Labuan Bajo, and kept going the Lounge for lunch, dinner and drinks at night - until it almost got embarrassing ;)
The staff and the owners were incredibly nice and food was great. I loved their thin, tasty pizzas and my boyfriend has seriously even been thinking about sending me back there for cooking lessons, to learn how to make their banana leaf baked fish - I think he had it almost every day!
Hope to see you soon again!!

• Visited November 2012
Kuala Lumpur
“Great atmosphere, lovely people”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stumbled upon The Lounge by luck. Was recommended Mediterraneo Restaurant across the street but it looked a bit too formal for my mood that night. Heard some nice music from the slope and was looking up to see what place it was when the owner's brother greeted me with a very friendly "come on up and chill!". Turned out, the place was exactly what I needed, laid-back, friendly with good food and company. Went back again for lunch on my last day at Labuan Bajo after 3 days live-aboard, was waiting for my flight out at 4.30pm. They have good wifi, didn't mind me lounging around while charging my laptop for 3 hours. Had their Ikan Bakar Flores which was good (but the best is still at the little stalls next to the market by the fishermen habour). Would definitely be a place to stop by if ever in town. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the view of the habour and islands beyond is not bad too!

• Visited December 2012
Park City, Utah
“The hip, happening eatery in Labuan Bajo”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Lounge is such a nice place to flop after a day of being beaten up by the sun, the waves and the heat one finds in Indonesian diving. The beer is cold, the wifi works, and they just don't care how ragged you look. And did I mention, the food is very good? An eclectic menu, generous portions, and better pizza than any I had on Bali.

Visited December 2012