“Superb diving experience”

Dive Komodo - Day Trips
Ranked #9 of 116 Tours in Labuan Bajo
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Komodo offer liveaboard and daily dive excursions into the Komodo National Park. We operate two boats , a day boat that caters for up to 12 guests, and a liveaboard for up to 8 guests. We have been operating since 1997, and have the most experienced team of Dive Instructors and guides.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I did 5 dives With dive komodo, first was a refesh dive since i hadnt dived for 3 years. The canadian instructures and divemasters were greate. Nice crew, boat and food. And the dive sites: insane! One og the dives was a bit challanging With strong currents for me as a beginner, but the instructures took Good care of me. And the reward: the most AMAZING coral reef i could ever imagine! Manta point was crazy. All the Gear was in Good shape also.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
There are newer reviews for Dive Komodo - Day Trips

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I showed up to the shop looking for a live aboard trip without a reservation during high season. Not good. However, I got lucky and someone cancelled their trip for the next day! Got super lucky and booked my spot. It was a 5 day 4 night trip, but I could only afford to do 4 days and 3 nights. Not a problem! Greg, the manager/owner?, was totally accommodating and arranged a boat for me to leave a day early and see the dragons with the day trip boat that last day.

The boat itself was perfect. The crew were absolutely incredible. Cabins were cleaned and sheets/bedding were changed every night. Cups and dishes used between dives were cleaned and waiting once you returned for bottomless coffee and tea. Even the floor mats were changed between dives! It was seriously like stepping onto a brand new boat every time we got out of the water. The meals were super delicious (seriously, the chef was incredible, cooking for 8 divers and 2 instructors in this tiny little kitchen) and snacks of fresh fruit and biscuits were available at all times.

We were also graced with the presence of perhaps the best sexy wet suit dancing American in all of Komodo: Nick. He was super friendly, made sure everyone was having a good time, gave detailed dive site prep, great at spotting things during the dive, and was accommodating to individual needs (I wanted to go climb a hill on one of the islands for sunset, and he happily arranged the boat for me). Great dude, great diver, and you'll be lucky to have him as your instructor on your live aboard trip.

The other guy was a super friendly Indonesian dive master named Rianji (sp?). He was always smiling and laughing, and spoke English very well. He even drove the speedboat to Rinca for me to see the dragons through very rough seas, but was always in control and I felt very safe in his hands.

I could keep going, but you get the point. Great shop, great crew, great instructors, incredible diving. Don't bother looking anywhere else!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

As part of our honeymoon, we have done the 4 day 3 nights trip with dive komodo! We had a great time! The boat is suited for 8 divers, not luxurious, but perfect fine, especially looking at price quality balance! We have really enjoyed the diving, our divemaster Ellie, she is really a pleasure to dive with, great attitude towards safety and environment (manta rescue), a pleasure to chat with and concerned with our service all the time. The crew is great and experienced, mechanically no issues,equipment is of good quality, en not too forget the great food! Many thanks, we have really enjoyed it and would definetly recommend this trip to others!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We arrived in Labuan Bajo and found this diving school, very professional and friendly staff. We passed the open water course with Ellie and Nick, helpful and friendly instructors, had amazing dives surrounded by turtles, manta rays, sharks... I can only recommend this place!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I did my open water course with Dive Komodo and I must say that it was an absolutely amazing time. The staff were extremely helpful, friendly and professional. They know the area better than any of the other new dive centers around and they know how to treat their customers.
And the diving of course was mind-blowing. As a beginner, it was hard not to fall in love and become addicted to scuba diving here. But every other experienced diver that I met at Dive Komodo also had similar reviews of the place and of this dive center.
Highly recommended for anyone visiting the area!

1  Thank Jorge M