It's impossible to recommend this hotel. It's so far away from 5 star it's untrue. The rooms are clean and reasonably priced and the pool is nice, but the management of the hotel, despite the best efforts of the friendly staff, is bizarre.
The worst aspect is the food and drinks pricing. We had 13 people including kids and we would have been quite happy to spend a day around the pool having drinks and food and a play in the pool. The problem is that the food and drink prices are crazy, more expensive than at Bali's best restaurants. A large bintang by the pool is over 100,000 rupiah after tax and service charges! And even more if delivered to the room (although strangely a can from the fridge is only 24,000). A steak is over 200,000.
This means for a large group that it's far cheaper, although a hassle, to go to a better restaurant such as Made in Italy in town to eat.
The landscaping is also rather stark, none of the bars or restaurants have any atmosphere (although the whole place was empty when we stayed), there is no beach, the football pitch was flooded when we were there despite no rain for five days, and the tennis court looks and plays like it's 20 years old even though it has to be quite new.
During a massage the very apologetic masseuse was interrupted by one manager three times. Finally she was called out to speak to him. He then came in to speak to me - he simply wanted to know my name. Not very relaxing at all and rather typical of the whole place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Labuan Bajo Beach, The Jayakarta Suites Komodo Flores offers luxurious accommodation surrounded by tropical greenery. It features a dive club offering programs for divers of all levels. The Jayakarta Suites Komodo Flores is a 15-minute drive from Komodo Airport, which is an hour's flight from Ngurah Rai International Airport. A boat cruise to Komodo Island takes 1 hour and 30 minutes. Free airport pick-up service is offered. Guests at Jayakarta Suites Flores can take a dip in the outdoor pool, or visit the spa for a relaxing aromatherapy massage. The hotel also has a concierge desk and a jogging track. Wi-Fi is free in public areas. Rooms come with a flat-screen satellite TV, minibar, and tea/coffee making facilities. Private bathrooms have separate bathtub and shower facilities. Some rooms feature beautiful views of the ocean. Buffet breakfast is served at Jayakarta Suites Komodo Flores. Meals can be enjoyed at Nat's Coffee Shop, while cocktails are available at Nick's Bar Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Jayakarta Suites Komodo-Flores reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Jayakarta Suites Komodo-Flores Hotel Labuan Bajo
- The Jayakarta Suites Komodo-Flores Labuan Bajo, Indonesia